Safeway / mail coupons

1 5315 Orchardson Ct. 22032Fairfax, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 703 425- 1299

Received 30 Days of Savings for YOU mailer to my home - it had 10 items listed for me to receive discounts on and 4 $10.00 coupons off $50.00 + purchases at Safeway stores. I shopped for a large order, drawn in by the savings on the mailer, and when I gave it to the cashier I was told it didn't apply to their store. I spoke to the manager and he didn't know about the promo but agreed to give me $10.00 in cash. I purchased milk stated as $1.79, bananas as .39, & strawberries as $1.49. I paid the regular price on these items - $2.49 for milk, .59 for bananas, & $3.50 for strawberries. I am angry to have been lured in to a Safeway store by false advertising -- I know many other people were having the same problem -- I want to be compensated in some way by Safeway because of your unfair business practices. During this time of higher food prices I would think you would be doing everything you could to entice people to shop Safeway, and not mailing bogus coupons that are denied at the very end of a shopping trip.

Comments

• Pd
      7th of Apr, 2011

Two of our local Safeway's stores are placing HUGE yellow sale stickers directly above rows of boxed burgers that are not actually the product that is on sale, but you would need to be considerably taller than I am, and carry a magnifying glass, to be able to see the fine print. Furthermore, the burgers that the sale price applies to weren't even available!! On the same shopping trip, I feel for another piece of deceptive marketing: one of the end-cap freezers was filled with assorted BlueWater fish products, large sign: "selected varieties, $5.99"---so, I took the Haddock. I didn't see it at the time, but it rang in at $12.99--not one of the "selected varieties" apparently, but there was NO OTHER PRICE POSTED to clarify that for the consumer. ARRGGGH!!! Safeway's just alienated another consumer over two $7 deceptions.

• La
      14th of Oct, 2011

Caught on Camera HOME FOR RATS INSECTS, RUSTY DIRTY SHOPPING CARTS ..SAFEWAY AT 116 University Blvd., Silver Spring Maryland 20901 (301) 593-7526
    send your complaint to these top safeway managers we are working on a class action save your emails

Steven.Burd@safeway.com
    Melissa.Plaisance@safeway.com
    Robert.Edwards@safeway.com
    Robert.Gordon@safeway.com
    Russell.Jackson@safeway.com

Safeway Pharmacy is under investigation for the use of sub-standard generics, mislabeling pharmaceuticals, negligence, professional misconduct, incompetence, prescription errors and HIPPA violations. If you have concerns or complaints about Safeway Pharmacy please contact: California State Board of Pharmacy ** ** **.