Royal Holiday Timeshare / refund of timeshare

1 Mexico Review updated:

To Whom It May Concern:
We are in desperate need of your help. Recently, there was segment on 20/20 about Royal Holiday Club Timeshare and how deceptive they are. My husband and I were victims of that whole scam. We purchased the timeshare in Cancun, Mexico in June 2006 and paid for it on our Amercan Express card. If you look back on our statements we were billed in July 2006 for the amount of $16, 400.00. Please help us get our money back. We don’t know where else to turn.
We purchased a timeshare with RHC in Cancun, Mexico in June 2006. We were lured in and lied to from the very beginning. Our salesman, Gabriel, lied to us about the caliber of hotels that participate with Royal Holiday. We were told that we could use any Marriott hotel which in fact is not true. When we asked if we could return the timeshare if we were unhappy with it for any reason, he told us that as long as we used it one time that we would be able to return it. We did sign the contract and paid $19, 400.00. When we returned home 3 days later my husband and I decided that we no longer wanted a part of this timeshare .We called their office and I spoke to a woman by the name of Sylvia. She told us that we could not return the timeshare and that we had to use it at least one time before returning it. We were never given a 5 day window to change our minds and return the timeshare which in fact is a law in Mexico now. We then decided to book a trip to Bahamas through them a few months later and when we returned from that vacation I again called RHC to cancel our membership since we now used it the one time. The woman I spoke to was nasty and told me that there is no way we could get our money refunded to us. She said that unless there was a clause in our contract stating that we could actually return the timeshare after one time use that we were stuck with it.
We are looking for HELP to get our money refunded to us. Can you notify us if there is some way we can get that money back and end our contract with RHC. We are desperate and need your help.Our names are Peter and Mariella Toscano and live at 59 Chaffee Avenue Albertson, NY 11507. My cell phone is [protected] and our email is ptoscan1@verizon.net.

Comments

• Mi
      1st of Mar, 2008

A complaint has been resolved by the company and removed.

• Be
      15th of Mar, 2008

Hi Michelle ,
    I am glad you wrote about your experience. We just came back from Mexico and dealt with Victor. We were promised the same as you, and we too are members with RCI.
    They were going to take our 2 timeshares from us and that was suppose to reduce the cost of the price. When we started looking further the points they were talking about would get us a studio. A far cry from our 2 bedroom units.
    Thank goodness due to a mix up with a car rental company we were unable to process the transfer.
    Good luck with your dealings with them. My husband and I can testify to their bad practices.

• Mi
      22nd of Dec, 2008

To Whom May It Concern:

My wife and I purchased a membership with Royal Holiday in July of this year in the Bahamas.

David Sweeting our sales rep made us aware that he personally would rent our 5000 point this year(2008) for $1000-$1500 and one of our incentive week...Now we are in Dec and that is not the case. I been going back and forth with his manager. Their finance dept will not return my calls. In our contract it stated our annually fees for 2009 would be $335. I received a bill it is $350. We are beyond frustrated with the horrible customer experience and would like to get our money back.

Since it is our words verse David Sweeting. I asked his manager to set up a conference call with the appriopiate parties and no luck. I find it hard to beleive as a customer I cannot be grant a conference call so our concerns are resolve.

Thank you for your help in advance...

Please contact me at tfraser@prolifikvision.com

TF