Royal Holiday Club / very bad deal, not worth the money!

1 Mexico Review updated:

I bought a vacation package for almost $28,000.00 in Mexico. This is for thirty years, and 60,000 points. My annual dues are $879.00. So, I am putting out around $1,800.00 a year for the ability to take a vacation. Now, if I go to an all inclusive resort, or cruise, I have to pay more money. The points don't cover it. I went to a couple of the hotels web sites and saw how much it would cost for one week if I pay cash, and compared to what the one weeks worth of points cost, and I see it cost a few hundred dollars less if I pay cash, and I can make the reservation NOW. It is easy, not trying to get a customer service person, etc. They told me they could not book my points vacation until a few weeks before I want to go, they can't put me in the system.

I need to get my money back, so I will do what I see on all these sites. I have joined the Yahoo Royal Holiday Group.

Thanks to all who have already put information up.

Comments

• Su
      25th of May, 2007

I had a similar experience, and I hope to Hell I am able to recover my money. This was a scam and based on falsehoods from the beginning. I feel like a fool.

• Ro
      26th of May, 2007

I have a worthless contract with these people too, and they are trying to make me pay my yearly dues.

• Sh
      12th of Nov, 2007

I am very surprised to hear of all the complaints with Royal Holiday. I purchased my vacation plan for 30 years at a cost of $11,000 for 15,000 points. I pay $495.00 per year. I have stayed in the Bahamas for 7 days- great!! Miami - not so great, but when I complained I got a reply the next day and a free 5 day trip to Cancun ( no points) with a beautiful room on the beach. Also, my daughter paid the maintenance fee for the 30th year and her husband and she went to Cancun for 5 days for $495.00 for 10,000 points. We now have 5,000 points to add on to next year. I did find that all the "little extras" are pretty worthless - like the discounts at restaurants. Who wants free fries at MacDonalds? I have always been able to get someone on the phone,albeit, siesta time in Mexico City with people that speak heavily accented English is difficult. However, I am happy to say that I am quite pleased. (Knock on Wood) Am going to Puerto Vallarta in Feb. for $150.00 for four people - no points. Staying at the Holiday Inn - look it up it looks great. Will probably have to listen to someone try to sell me an island but I have learned to say no and get awfully sick when I get pushed. Just cough in someone's face and tell them you think your tuberculosis is back. I am so sorry to hear that so many people have had bad experiences. And some of the prices are outrageous. No wonder some mystery man called me to ask if I would sell him my timeshare. - maybe - for the right price.

• Li
      29th of Jul, 2008

WHAT A JOKE!

Guess the joke is on us for we purchased a timeshare with Royal Holiday and its been a nightmare since we signed on the dotted line! We've attempted to off-load the property but given the bad reputation that Royal Holiday is building for itself, we cant even give it away!

For all those out on the market to purchase a time share, especially with Royal Holiday: DONT DO IT! You will regret it. We have been paying on the unit for two years and have not used it once. Yet, the maintenance fees come due once a year!

Again, Royal Holiday is truly a JOKE and they are good at scamming potential buyers.