[Resolved] Rooms to Go / order: [protected] & [protected] / bedroom set & dining set (insurance added without authorization)

Miami, FL, US Review updated:

Orders # [protected] & [protected]...
When we noticed the insurance added to our order it was late at night so we could not call. So we waited the next day to call. The sales person was very nice - however - what she did to us was not very nice, as she added insurance to both of the orders without asking us. She spoke about the guarantee and how we didn't have to worry about the furniture getting damaged, but at any time did she say that we were buying this guarantee. We spoke to a manager at the doral location a few minutes ago, he's name was evelio. Evelio was very nasty with me, he didn't even let me talk, he would speak on top of my voice, and took sides with the employee instead of the customer by saying that we probably didn't hear when the sales person spoke about the charge which i found very offensive and insulting. He told me that it was better that i=we had the insurance anyway because it was to our benefit. By saying this not only is he missing the point, but he is also not cooperating to resolve the issue. When i told him that he should speak to the sales person about what she did to us, he didn't say anything, and when said that i was very upset and felt like cancelling - he's answer was - i can cancel this order right now. Just like that. I think a person like that should not hold a manager position - a manager should be courteous and be there to help the customer so they can come back again. Not to give a hard time to the customer. I had a very unpleasant time with this individual and as a result will never go to rooms to go to buy again. He did wave the insurance, however, i am still waiting for the corrected order, -
however, the main purpose of my call was to let them know that what they are doing is illegal and should not happen to customers. I think this issue should be addressed to the corporate office and even consumer affairs.

Rooms to Go

• Resolution statement

• Rooms To Go Customer Care's Response, Nov 21, 2017

This is horrible to hear and certainly not the experience we expect any of our customers to have! We definitely need to more info on this! Can you please email us your order info and the details to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com? We'd love to help in any way we can!

Ca
Nov 17, 2017

Comments

• Do
      Dec 08, 2017

Hi Carmen, you could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and also with the State of Florida Department of Consumer Protection here: http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/Main/030e31f06ef0184d85256cc600706904
    It's also good to share your experience with friends on Social Media. Some news stations have a consumer reporter that might be interested in doing a news report on something like this too. We consumers have the power. It's our money and we can choose where to spend it. I'm not a lawyer and this is not advice, just sharing information. I noticed Rooms to Go doesn't allow reviews of their merchandise, etc. on their website. That speaks volumes imo.

•   Dec 21, 2017

@DollarStretcher We've caught your other comments and unfortunately, it is more common to disclose any negative feedback verses positive and/or positive resolutions provided. We maintain our A+ BBB rating by addressing any and all complaints appropriately. It is our sincere hope that you allow us the opportunity to review your account for any concerns or issues with your merchandise. Please send us your order number or phone number associated with your order to [protected]@RoomsToGo.com and I will be happy to assist you in any way that I can.