Rooms To Go - Norcross, GA / avoid any business with rooms to go!

On 12 february 2007 my friend purchased a couch at rooms to go for $350. This seemed like a great deal, so my friend made sure the price was correct, then paid for the couch and made arrangements to pick it up the next day.

Today, 13 february 2007, my friend borrowed my van to pick up the couch.

Once the couch was loaded into the van (And already paid for the night before) the rooms to go store manager came out and said the price was incorrect. He claimed the real price was $700, but that he would let her have the couch for "only" $500. This is a far cry from the originally confirmed $350 price tag, so my friend was forced to unload the couch and return it to the store.

This is a bait and switch tactic if i've ever heard one. I called corporate on my friend's behalf and explained the situation. This story was met with zero sympathy, and not a hint of an apology. The only thing the representative on the phone did was read me some paperwork that said rooms to go reserves the right to change the price and charge you more for any merchandise you purchase, up to seven days after you purchase it. He acted like it was no big deal to have a policy in place that could charge you more money at the discretion of rooms to go, even after you've paid for and hauled home the merchandise.

This is absolutely absurd, and I encourage all consumers to avoid any business that believes in such a practice.

Va

Comments

• Fo
      23rd of Apr, 2009

Your friend is EXTREMELY lucky that Rooms to Go is unethical and backed out on the price. Rooms to Go sells JUNK...the fabric and seams rip apart on couches. So your friend saved $350 and avoided dealing with this unscrupulous company.

16th of Jun, 2010

'Rooms to problems' is a joke, go elsewhere. 'rooms to lies' in Frisco tx. claims their manager is working on delivery truck to avoid speaking with customers over complaints !

Run do not Stop @ rooms to misery !

• As
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Rooms To Go - Discrimination on disabled
    Grand Prairie Tx

Ive spent 2 hours in total on hold with rooms to go.
    I simply had a cple questions and it took 2 hrs on hold, asking for a manager n being hung up on.
    N finally on my 5th call, I was barely given the info I needed ect. I made it clear I had a disability and am very ill. But Melissa the office manager made it clear she was too busy to deal with me

• Ri
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Rooms to Go - Leather living room

"Leather" living room set, used approximately 5-10 times a year peeled off completely within 3 years. You can tell cushions are formed still due to minimum use. The area where these are is more like a display section of the house. The furniture is not exposed to direct sunlight nor any factor that could be considered a possibility for damage.

• Wa
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Rooms to Go - Sofa
    Arlington
    Texas

We bought sofa from them but the seats on them keep slipping down when you sit and causing health issues to my mother. We ask for change but they not listening at all very very poor customer service.

• Ju
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Rooms to Go - Delivery
    Converse
    Texas

One of the delivery guys forged my signature on a document I never read or signed. I am beyond upset and have lost all trust in the company. Forgery is a felony and I will not tolerate it.

• Me
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Rooms to Go - my theatre seats are literally peeling off it is actually blistering

I bought a set of 5 theatre seats that are supposed to interlock with each other that is not happening from day one, one of the arm rest is missing screws i have called numerous times about this nothing now the so called leather is literally blistering and falling off also the stitching is breaking this is happening to most of them

21st of Oct, 2018
    Rooms To Go - purchase black leather couch at rooms to go
    West melbourne
    Florida

I purchase in 2015 black leather couch at Rooms To Go for $950 and it's like a suede material that's falling apart when I have a little decal that says leather on it. I don't like the peeling and chafting of this material on the couch that is my complaint.

• Bi
      11th of Nov, 2018
    Rooms To Go - parker place beige sofa
    Houston
    Texas

I purchased this Sofa in April 2016 and this was delivered to us in May 2016. The sofa has already worn out and the thread is coming out.
    I submitted the complaint and they send out the technician and he took picture but he never shared those with Roomstogo. Please advise and i want this sofa to exchange or return.

• Js
      19th of Nov, 2018
    Rooms to Go - Lafayette, LA - dining room table
    11540 Highway 92 East
    Seffner
    Florida
    roomstogo.com

Rtg refuses to replace leaves on dining room table that have a severe manufacturers defect. Leaves mismatch table by nearly 1/2". Customer service was no help!