Rogers Wireless / rip off

Canada, Qu├ębec, Montreal Review updated:
My friend got one of the first generations of iPhone, when rogers started selling them, apple also had a new Firmware (in other words; new patch or program version). This was to help speed up the iPhone. Turns out, it didn't have an ON/OFF switch for data transfer. (as my friend told me)

So with no data plan and the phone was kept on network all the time, his next Rogers bill stacked up to 400$$. When he called customer services, they totally blew him off and only offered him one solution, more like a scam for all iPhone user, the solution was to sign a new 3yr contract with data services with rogers, and the 400$ bill will be wiped off of record. This is stupid, paying them 60$ and up per month just for that data plan and for a 3 yr contract.

I say every iPhone users should complain to CRTC (the mother of all phone network providers) about this ridiculous scam.

Why its a scam? Rogers stores or services did not notice their customers of the conditions or modifications of the upgrade. Nor did rogers or apple provided with an ON/OFF switch for this function. Therefore all users are being charged without notice.

N  24th of Jun, 2009 by
I agreed to a 85$ plan for 500 Anytime minutes and 500 Weeknight weekend minutes as described by the rogers store on St. Catherine. I use up 581 minutes during the night and weekends and 300 minutes on the weekdays, and was shocked to see that the 81 minutes did not go under the anytime minutes.

There is no way I can keep track of how many minutes I used, unless I keep reseting the counter on the phone (even after paying an insane amount ) let alone checking how many W/E weeknight minutes I have used. This is a complete ripoff, never seen such pathetic plans / service in any country I have lived.
A  28th of Jul, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
ROGERS WIRELESS is being the biggest scammer of all wireless company. They will rip you off how ever they can. I have a first generation Iphone for 2yrs and everytime I've used my phone I know that my edge data plan is not activated I've been with rogers for a few years now was loyal to them. But they decided to activate my edge network without letting me know and started charging me 3 day of internet usage and trying to force me to pay.
This company is ### and they are a shady company to deal with.

if they want to rip people off LET THEM TANK.
A  4th of Mar, 2011 by
They do far far worse than that.

They purposely trump bills in hopes that you do not pay. They then send it to collections and collect an insurance claim to cover their "losses" for a bill that is fraudulent.

My girlfriend reported her phone stolen and they told her they would charge 7 dollars a month just to keep the account active... yeah thats how much you are paying monthly already to keep it active... as if that makes sense. They infact did not do that and instead charged her every month for 8 months without giving her a single bill. Sent it to collections and would not discuss the matter until we paid...

They are a fraud and there are thousands of stories just like this one.

They are insurance fraudsters.

During the 1930's depression, one of the biggest factors driving the downturn was large scale fraud by banks, government and large corporations. History repeats itself.
N  12th of Jan, 2014 by
Christmas 2012 my husband bought me a new wireless phone that came with a plan. Right now I am with Rogers pay as you go, but I hate the phone, so I wanted a new phone on pay as you go, since I don't use it very often. I more or less have the phone for emergencies. My husband is not very good with things like this so I told him if he was thinking of getting me this for Christmas to make sure it's pay as you go, and to make sure if I don't like that phone it's all refundable. He was assured in writing it was all refundable. He paid over $400.00 for the phone, activation fee (the phone was never activated) and over $150.00 for other service fees, to which he was told was all refundable. I got the phone and started looking over the paper work, it was not a pay as you go phone, my husband signed a contract for a plan, which I did not want at all. He told me the salesman told him any phone in the store can be used as a pay as you go phone, that was lie #1. I told him no way I want this phone with a service plan, especially since most wireless places give you the phone for free, or almost free if you sign a contract with them, and my husband was charged the full price of the phone. So we went back to the rogers store to get a full refund, only to be told they could not refund since he signed a contract. I got really upset at this point and showed him the written statement from the salesperson that it could all be refunded. They said ok then we will refund you for the price of the phone but the service charges and activation fees are not refundable, again I made a huge fuss, and told them the phone wasn't even turned on let alone activated. So they had to check this out, and of course they could not do it online thier internet was down. Can you believe that a rogers communication store and they had no internet, and all phone lines were busy? I knew we were getting the run around. So anyway after us going back and forth with them for 4 hours straight, and yes I am no kidding 4 hours, I was exhausted. They refunded the phone right there but said a check would be in the mail for the rest. I should not have agreed to this but I was so tired I did. We ended up getting a cheque for half of what my husband paid, about $75.00 short. So back on the phone I was and they pretty much said, that's all you are getting take it or leave it. Well going to court to fight over $75.00 is just dumb the court costs would be way more, so they know they have you over a barrel. I am sure they do this to everyone, because when we were in the store there were about 10 or more other people with similar problems. So this company does it on purpose just to keep your money for free. How many do you think they rip off for $75.00 or more in a year and no one fights it because of the small amount. This company is one of the worst I have seen for flat out ripping you off, and tell you to your face they are doing it. So my revenge will be to post this all over the internet, that way people will be warned to stay away from this company, if they don't have customers they will eventually fall!!!

Rogers Logo Rogers