Rogers Wireless / rip off
My friend got one of the first generations of iPhone, when rogers started selling them, apple also had a new Firmware (in other words; new patch or program version). This was to help speed up the iPhone. Turns out, it didn't have an ON/OFF switch for data transfer. (as my friend told me)
So with no data plan and the phone was kept on network all the time, his next Rogers bill stacked up to 400$$. When he called customer services, they totally blew him off and only offered him one solution, more like a scam for all iPhone user, the solution was to sign a new 3yr contract with data services with rogers, and the 400$ bill will be wiped off of record. This is stupid, paying them 60$ and up per month just for that data plan and for a 3 yr contract.
I say every iPhone users should complain to CRTC (the mother of all phone network providers) about this ridiculous scam.
Why its a scam? Rogers stores or services did not notice their customers of the conditions or modifications of the upgrade. Nor did rogers or apple provided with an ON/OFF switch for this function. Therefore all users are being charged without notice.
More Rogers Wireless Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Communications - cancellation 
- Rogers Communications - internet 
- Rogers Communications - tv 
- Rogers Communications - cellular activation of apple watch 
- Rogers Communications - billing