Rogers Wireless Express / iphone birthday present
I had a rather disapointing experience at a local rogers store today, which has ultimately lead me to cancel my rogers service entirely.
My girlfriend was planning on buying me a 16 GB iphone as a birthday / new job present and had previously visited the same store we did today. She had given them my current number, they had reviewed my account, and came to the conclusion that she would purchase the phone for $299 on a three year contract.
Today, she took me to pick the phone up, and this is when the problems began. Apparently the price of the phone had jumped to $399, and this from the same sales women would have previoulsy quoted a price. Apparently my account had not generated sufficent revenue to be available for the $299 price, even though I have no commitments and am currently on a month to month plan which was created from a pay as you go phone. Disconcertingly customers who do not have a rogers account already, are eligible for the $299 price, which begs the question what sort of revenue have non-rogers customers generated?
We left, without the phone, and called customer service. A rather abscent and unconcerned individual confirmed what the store had told us. I stated I would like to cancel my account, where I was transfered to the account department, where a pre-recorded message told me they were closed and disconnected me.
It is a real shame Apple decided to go with Rogers. If only the CRTC would open the airwaves to some other providers with half decent service.
More Rogers Wireless Express Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Communications - service 
- Rogers Communications - tv 
- Rogers Communications - internet increased pricing 
- Rogers Communications - cancellation 
- Rogers Communications - internet