Rogers / internet promotion
20 Aug I got a call from a Rogers agent who clearly indicated that my present discounted internet service contract would soon end and that they are offering another promotion in its place including a one year term with basic cable and telephone included for an 11 dollar increase in cost. As pointed out to the agent this is not a promotion because promos don't usually cost more money. She indicated that I was being offered the cable and phone, and then indicated it was an upgrade. I asked what I was dealing with a promotion or an upgrade she then said a promotion. It seems to me that Rogers has the wrong people in place trying to promote their services. especially when they cannot clearly indicate if what they are selling is an upgrade or promotion.
Secondly during the conversation I made it clear to this rep that I purposely cancelled telephone and cable services the year before and really have no need for phone and Cable, again they indicated the only way I could receive this so called promotion was with the bundled service. I had agreed but told her I was not interested in receiving the box for TV. Again, they insisted that I could not get this so called promotion unless I took the box...Unfortunately enough, Rogers is persistent in shoving services down customers throats, who have intentionally have cancelled serviced due to higher than usual costs. Why Rogers is making promotions such as this totally make me wonder. If I wanted the added services fine but I don't. Rogers needs to look at promotions for stand alone internet services vice bundles. I am not happy with the way Rogers tends to sell products as a promotion but yet they are an upgrade costing extra money otherwise an upgrade. Very poor business ethics.
More Rogers Complaints & Reviews
- Rogers Wireless - fraud/misleading csr 
- Rogers Wireless - rogers wireless contract transfer 
- Rogers Cable Network - unusual billing charges and poor customer service 
- Rogers - Home Phone Service - disconnect home phone with no authorization! 
- Rogers - free gift offer is a scam! 
- Rogers Communications - service 
- Rogers Communications - tv 
- Rogers Communications - internet increased pricing 
- Rogers Communications - cancellation 
- Rogers Communications - internet