Rogers Cable TV / wrong billing, mishandling of customers account

1 Canada Review updated:

Rogers Cable TV in Toronto has certainly a problem with their billing system. Recently, among a group of people, where I brought up the matter of Rogers billing, every one in that group who was a customer of Rogers had a problem with their billing.

Since March 2017, I have been paying all their bills through online banking, yet regularly, I keep receiving statements after statements for the same amount which I have already paid. When I call their customer services about this, they come up with vague answers and are uncooperative in solving the problem. Therefore, I have written to them on three occasions to explain the problem, but it seems no one pay any attention to my written complaints either.

On their bills they only mention an amount without explaining to which period it relates. When I pay the amounts, few days later I receive either another notice or statement claiming the same amounts again. In some of their statements, they have even mentioned they have not been able to charge my credit card, which I have never provided to them!!! Finally, I have asked my bank to put a trace on my payment to see what is going on!

Comments

29th of May, 2007

I have to agree. I have been over billed from Rogers and spent hours trying to sort out the mess. I was told the other day by a Rep that the reason bills are sent out from Rogers is so that you can check them. No system is perfect she went on to say. She was commenting on me being billed for services that I did not receive. I have given up with this company. They really need to focus on training their Reps. They need to provide better service to customers - no one has 30-40 minutes to wait on the line for service. I have canceled my High Speed and Land-line and given service back to BELL. I will cancel my cell phone when the contract is up, if I can last that long with this company. Rogers does not get it.

• Ge
      20th of Jan, 2008

First my phones were not working,after spending hours on the phone listening to stupid music i finally got to talk to someone, it was the next day before someone came out & fixed the phones,about 2 hours later i discovered my television was on the blink, in other words they fix my phone & screw up my TV, this is the second day without television, spend another 2 hrs on the phone yesterday, i spend another 2 hours on the phone to-day & i still dont know when someone is coming out to fix it. Fot the amount Rogers charges people their SERVICE IS CR*P,no wonder so many people are going back to BELL. (I dont blame them).

• Il
      22nd of Feb, 2008

I subscribed to Rogers cable and intenet services. When I would call to change my services they always offered a discount to reduce my monthly payments. After 10 years of service and never missing a payment, I informed Rogers I was moving and would not be subscribing to Rogers for any services ( I was moving to the country and there was no Rogers services there.) I was told I had to pay over $400.00, which represented all the "discounts" I got over the years. What a rip off!!! I will never, ever subscribe to Rogers for any services. I return their junk mail with a not informing them of their rip off. I won't ever give them another cent. There are other providers out here and I have had not problems since.

• Yv

Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada

TO Whom it may concern:

I recently subscribed to Rogers Cable on July 19, 2017. First I was told over the phone by the salesrep that I would get the promotional price for their Digital Plus package for one year contract and then after I had agreed to the contract over the phone, I got my first bill, I was appalled to find out I was being charged the original full price. When I called Rogers, they told me the promo plan/contract simply didn't exist and they couldn't honour the original promo price and since I signed up for a year contract, I can't cancel it or a penalty of $200 charge would occur. So, after a lengthy argument, the billing department could only give me a discount on the original full price, but not the promo price. So I accepted the second contract with a discount for their Digital Plus package. Fine, but then, ….

2nd month into my one year contract plan with Roger's cable, I noticed some specialty channels (part of their online advertised Digital Plus package programming) such as Discovery, History or Food Network simply couldn't be received or viewed. I called Rogers and they told me a filter was put on specialty channels because I am paying the discounted price, not their full original price. So I am getting "discounted" on my Digital Plus programming / available channels. I told them that I signed on Digital Plus package because I wanted these specialty channels and there are supposed to be part of the Digital Plus package programming as advertised and listed on their website. The manager told me that I don't get them because I am getting a discount on the plan. So I am getting discounted on the programmings. If I want these specialty channels, I have to upgrade to VIP package!

I am appalled and shocked by Roger's unscrupulous and unethical practice of misleading information and I feel very unjust and being treated unfairly. A contract is a contract even if it's done verbally over the phone. I don't understand why I am being treated this way. Can someone please help me?

Regards, Rob

• Ro
      30th of Aug, 2011

Hi Rob,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I'd like to look into this matter for you though and try to help. Would you mind sending me a private message with your details?

Sincerely,
    @Rogers_Kelly

• Vc
    Rogers Cable TV - shipping of adapters
    Rogers Cable TV
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada

I was away in hospital and when I returned home had a note about the changeover of TV service from Rogers where I had to call for an adapter.
    I called 2 weeks ago and so far no adapter. I called today to see what was happening, I spoke to a Robert who referred me to a Mike who referred me to a Mandy, (note no last names, therefore no accountability) supposedly a manager. Each individual did not have any concern that my adapter had not arrived, checked and said it was not showing and re-ordered it and told me it would be 15 business days for delivery. I explained I had already ordered it and it was their system that had failed and asked for a rush on it. I was told that was not possible, the system did not allow rushes.
    What I noted from all was they did not care if I cancelled their service, they did not care that the system had failed, they did not feel they should do anything to fix the problem. When I made the phone order I was not given a confirmation number, so I could not use that to track the service, I think that was the first point of failure. Rogers has a near monopoly on cable TV in Toronto and treat its clients with disdain. They do not care.

• Bu
      29th of May, 2012

Sorry "Facts Only Please" but Rogers DOES have a near monopoly on cable in Toronto. Bell offers satellite service in some areas but if you live in apartment buildings, you do not have access to satellite service. If you want cable tv, Rogers is the only option in most areas.

• Bu
      29th of May, 2012

To the author - the Customer Reps do not give out last names - not because it means there is no accountability, but as a safety measure. If a customer knew the first and last name of a rep, they could potentially seek them out and do harm to them or their families. Or harass them in their homes etc. Sure, it is fine for someone like Joe Smith, but if someone has a fairly unique name, they can easily be found through phone directories etc.

Also, when you call, a log is made as to which representative handled your call. So the system knows who you dealt with through their CSM number. You do not have any need for their last name.

Could you not have opted to pick up a receiver from a Rogers store? You live in Toronto, so there are many to choose from. I know that when we had cable in Toronto, we picked up our receiver from the Rogers store and when we cancelled, we had to return it to the store as well, even though we ordered the cable services over the phone.