Rogersfree gift offer is a scam!

I received by mail an Our appreciation for your business with this special thank you gift offer. It states that I just simply visit rogers.com/with thanks and enter my personal gift number before August 31. Signed Matthew Ariker, Vice President, Customer Base Management, Rogers Wireless. Today is July 16th. However, there is NO Site to be found. What a waste of paper that this so called offer was used for, let alone my time. No wonder were charged high prices from this company for services that aren't good and false advertisement.

Sandra Newell Jul 18, 2007

Received the same appreciation card. No site to sign in to. Why was this sent out?

Mario Dubois Jul 19, 2007

As well I received the same " APPRECIATION" card. Lost my time trying to find : rogers.com/withthanks. Time is money, it's my business.

• Le
    leanne campnell Jul 19, 2007

I also got the same card... What is going on and what is Rogers doing about it.

• Je
    Jeff stillman Jul 22, 2007

I received the same card. I am extremely disappointed with rogers for lying and will change my phone system and my tv.

• Lo
    Lois McCabe Jul 23, 2007

I have received promise of a gift, all I had to do was put my personal gift number on line. I am very disappointed with Rogers, what kind of a scam is this, no where to put this special gift number, this is very demeaning, and a waste of time, What is your purpose of this, I have had very good dealings with Rogers before, but, I am now wondering if I should change to a more reputable company.

• Ca
    Carolyn Jul 25, 2007

I was finally able to locate the site. I was putting in the address at the Website locator instead of at the top of the computer where the address bar is. Try that and it will take you directly into rogers/with thanks.

Good Luck!

Jack Finecomb Aug 04, 2007

By entering the URL into the ADDRESS BAR, not the Locator or search bar, you will go direct of the website. This concept is convered in "The Internet For Dummies" and "The Internet 101" at any college, university, high school, public school, elementary school, pre-scool, and also by your 5 year old nephew or niece.

It can be confusing, since the address bar and the locator/search bar are textfield forms and kinda look the same. The difference is that one submits your "text" (query) to your favorite search engine, and the other takes you directly to the website.

If the specific site is not indexed by a search engine, which is likely with such a promotion, then it would NOT show up on any search results. This does not mean that the website does not exist, but that it is simply not in the search engine's database. A website CAN exist and not be in the search engines at the same time.

This would make an interesting study on consumers dependence on search engines over their intellect and common sense.

So, before you go slandering a reputable company, make very sure it is not a case of SFU - Stupid F***ing User. And just because you can turn on a computer, it does not mean that you know how to use one.

BTW, I entered my Gift Number and have received my gift. Not problems at all. Thank you Rogers!

• Do
    Donna Scharfe Aug 16, 2007

I emailed rogers and they gave me a new site to visit,when u go there u will be able to get ur free cd.

They gave me an apology in the email.

• Cl
    clive Aug 17, 2007

Companies need to make it "easy and less frustrating" for their customers. Whatever is done needs to be simplified and avoid such frustration as not finding the site, even on the rogers home page. Under promise and over deliver will make you customers happy. This angered me toward Rogers for wasting my time.

• Sc
    Scott Chambers Aug 27, 2007

Why bother to send out an appreciation gift that actually ends up frustrating customers. Boy, a real marketing lesson to be learned here!!

• Le
    Leonardo Solis Aug 27, 2007

You did not save me time. In fact you just wasted it, BIG TIME!!! I am very disappointed, thus I am looking to transfer my business to people who really are for real.

• Mi
    Michael Lo Jul 18, 2008

Anyone know how to contact Matthew Ariker currently at Rogers formerly with Sprint? I sent him a letter that I had a very poor signal on my Nokia within 2 block radius of my residence. Two months later I was notified that my monthly usage fee was increased but no reply on the hardware problem. There's a few people looking for this boy and want to teach him a lesson.

• Al
    alexkovalev Jul 20, 2008

Trying to get the cable disconnect, they are not responding to my demand.

none Aug 01, 2008

You guys have to go to rogers.com/gift
    not withthanks

• Lo
    Lowy Aug 21, 2008

what's your gift number, let us check.

• 12
    123hatesrogers Nov 10, 2009

rogers is a dick

• Co
    Coronamantml Apr 13, 2010

What a real waste of time. As soon as my contractis up I am gone...
    SEE YEA
    the realsuckers is Rogers cause you
    just lost alot customers

• Kj
    kjm7 Sep 09, 2010

this is a JOKE - yesterday September 8th I received an email from ROGERS... the site DOES work: http://exclusive.rogersthankyou.com/?cm_mmc=Redirects-_-Consumer_Wireless_Eng-_-ThankYou_0909-_-loyalty - BUT once I enter my information it says I wasn't selected the receive this email WHAT ??? - WHAT GARBAGE !!! ROGERS - IF YOUR LISTENING, THIS ISNT GOOD PR, AND I WILL ALSO BE GONE ONCE MY CONTRACT IS UP!!! HORRIBLE DIRECT MARKETING ATTEMPT

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices