Rite Aid / horrible customer service

So I went there to return a blush and face lotion and I also wanted to exchange a hair mousse for a hairspray. I had my receipt which said that I had only purchased these items a week before wanting to return them. I was under the impression that Rite AId, like most drugstores, had a pretty lenient return policy (especially with a receipt!) Anyway, the manager took my items to his office, left me hanging out at the counter for a good ten minutes and then came back out saying that his "computer shows no evidence of these items being bought withint he last 30 days". It didn't help that he had broken English either...and he couldn't understand a word I was saying because I kept asking him "well that's what my RECEIPT is for...to show you that I bought these here!" Still, he refused to let me return/exchange my items. And then he said that maybe I had bought them at CVS...oh yea! That's why my receipt says RITE AID on it!!! Ugh! I think if a person is going to have a job that requires dealing with english speaking customers on a daily basis, the person should at least be able to communicate the language!!

Comments

• Se
      12th of Oct, 2009

I like shopping at Rite Aid because of their large selection and great prices, especialy with their convenient single check rebate program but you better not make a mistake which would require customer service, because there employees are very disgusting to put it mildly...they have the worst customer service I've seen in a very long time especially in this new era where a lot of companies are pushing just that--great customer service.

• Se
      12th of Oct, 2009

My mother, 71 years old, filed a prscription at the 122nd street...the Rx rep. told her to come back in 1 hr. My mother returned the following day instead, they told her is was not ready and that she should come back tomorrow...this went on two more times...the 3rd time my mother said that it's been 4 days what's the matter, the told her that they don't have time for her and that she should wait until they are finished attending to the other customers who came after her. My mother also told me that when she had went back the 2nd time, the cashier had told another elderly customer that "this isn't the only pharmacy in the area and that she should go somewhere else"--Bravo for Rite Aids customer servise...maybe it's a cultural thing because I always seem to have poor customer service form the people of that community.

21st of Mar, 2010

OMG i hate rite aid now, at least the one by my house. One of my fam mem works for rite aid so i get to use her discount card, anyhow I bought this $2.00 tweezer which i was unhappy with because it does not grip well, so i exchanged it for a more expensive one as long as it works and im happy i didnt care about the price. well, the next couple days later i went back to rite aid to shop they refuse to let me use my discount card due to the manger says that i returned a different tweezer than the originally packed, which is a lie, I know because I would never sink that low to do such a thing, get real...i spend hundreds of dollars per month at rite aid, i go there so much they know who i am by heart, but yet accuse me of returning a diff tweezer? i am wrongfully accused and very angry, so i called and spoke to the mngr and he says the loss prevention people are investigating it right now, which is good, im not scared, i know i did not return a diff tweezer. its only $2.00 come on get real rite aid peoples... anyhow i asked to speak to the loss prevention people so i can see for myself what i am being accused of and the mngr says i dont have that right. now wtf for all i know they could do the switching theirself and blame me?? i am not satisfy at all, i am being discriminated and accused. I am looking into persuing legal rights against rite aid...right now

• Ki
      23rd of Sep, 2010

The original complaint here is, quite frankly, [censor]. I do not for one minute believe the manager "took my items to his office" at all. I bet they were items you bought somewhere else, they caught you, you feel stupid now and are complaining about them.

• Bw
      10th of Aug, 2011

Rite Aid 93 North Rd.The plain Ohio 45780 Store number 03057

This Store needs some classes for customer service and being friendly to the folks that make this place stay open..I will never purchase anything ever again from this store.Everytime its rude service and they are put out.Lots of people here in Athens county feel this way, and what a shame.Its the maneger with the problem, maybe her job is to much for her, but thats not my problem or other folks.I beg you to send your employees to some classes and trainer..this place will go under in this town.

• Nv
      1st of Apr, 2012

Today we went to our local rite aid in wilmington, ca. We ordered ice cream cones, I was a bit upset because the ice cream selection was limited with almost every favor container was empty & mislabled. The cones were stale an tasted like paper. I will no longer buy my ice cream there but I will still get my beer there.

10th of Dec, 2015

I ordered an iPad which was on promotion for $35.99. I ordered it on December 3rd, here it is the 11th of December and I haven't received a word about it. My next step is to contact the States Attorney General to file a complaint, and file a law Suit.

10th of Dec, 2015

Order number 100101053. I will be contacting my states Attorney General soon.

10th of Dec, 2015

I will NEVER shop at Rite Aid ever again!