Rent-A-Center / never again

Look the last time I rented from Rent a centre I had paid off all but $200 on a computer I was purchasing from your company. I had been making payments for over a year. When your employees stopped by my house because I was 2 days late on my payment they had an altercation with my ex-husband who was not even supposed to be on my property. Whereas your company called me and told me they were taking my property...the computer which was nearly paid off, and that as long as I was with my husband I could never rent from them again. Well, I tried to explain I wasn't with him, which they already knew, and that he was not supposed to be on my property, I even had the money including late fee to catch up payment. So I guess I am out the over $1, 000 I spent thinking I was buying my property from an honest company. I feel like I was stolen from and will never use Rent-A-Center again.

Va

Comments

• Le
      18th of Jul, 2008

The lesson here, do not lease to own. Save your money, buy it when you have enough, and don't blame anyone but yourself for the situation. Take a little responsibility, for pete's sake.

Besides, if you buy it outright with cash, you don't pay the interest you accrue through RAC or Aarons.

• Ki
      11th of Sep, 2008

Was the "altercation" actually your ex trying to fight off the jerks from RAC? If so, I guess you have to give the guy a little credit hahaha. RAC flunkies are ###.

• Ki
      11th of Sep, 2008

Oh, and by the way, RAC is not an "honest" company like you said. Companies like them prey on people who have had trouble in life and exploit them to the hilt. You'll pay $2000 for a computer you could have bought outright for $500.

• Al
      17th of Feb, 2009

this just happened to me In Prospect heights illinois...i had 2 rent a center employees try and brake into my house while i was home with my 5 year old son...They were beating on the door and telling me to open up, like they were the freaking police or something...they would not go away and told me that they were like loan sharks and that they would be back to my house if i didn't pay. I called the police and filed a report with them because it scared me to death. The police said it was illegal for them to do this and harrass me like this. They actually tried to use a credit card to brake into my house . I could see them through the peak hole. I was terrified. It was like a scene from the godfather. The police did go and tell them to leave me alone. DO NOT EVER GO TO RENT-A-CAENTER
    I went to the one in Niles Illinois. they are unproffesional and take part in illegal opperations
    -Ali
    Prospect Heights IL

27th of Apr, 2012

I have rented some furniture from the Niles store as well. It was the same situation with me except my kids were home alone when the tried to break in my house for $17. I also called the police and filed a report! I also have 6 complaints into corporate about the stores practices! I pay monthly and always pay more then I should to bring the balance done, but the recent compliant was I decided that since I was dealing with idiots I would just pay online! Ha they still call looking for money even though corporate and my receipt say otherwise! I am currently up to date w my payment and the Niles store still calls saying I owe them. I believe they are doing shady business and stealing money! When I'm done with paying off my furniture I am suing them for harassment! !!

M