Rent-A-Center / stockers

My complaint is with your store employees at 901 n polk st ste 365, desoto, tx 75115, ph: [protected].

I rented a sofa from this location and I make weekly payments, however the store employees call me every saturday and tell me that the payment is due. One saturday I was out of town and as usual someone from their office called me and I was not available, so she called my references looking for me as if I stole something from them... Please take note that my payment is not past due and has never been late.

I spoke to the manager about this and he assured me that this was not acceptable behaviour and it would not happen again, he said my account is noted for a “no call reminder”... However, the calls continued. They call me from their personal cell phones and ask for a payment. On one occasion I refused to give her credit card information on her personal phone, so I called the store. Please take note “I have never been late”. These people are stockers, well today may 5, 2008 was the last straw... I was out of town this past week on business and did not pay on saturday (May 3, 2008). So far today (Monday, may 05, 2008, 3:32pm) I have received over 15 missed calls from this store, they have left no messages, and they just keep calling from different numbers. Their behaviour is so bizarre and I have experienced nothing like it in my life. I want nothing to do with this company and I wish to discontinue our rental relationship. I will request that they immediately pick up the sofa and I have filed a complaint with the police department.

Please counsel these people or they will run away all of your “good” customers.

Va

Comments

• El
      22nd of Sep, 2008

It's not just the rent a center in your area they are like that in my are too. I can recall one time I was late on a payment and I was walking home from work and getting ready to make a payment and the store manager from rent a center rode up on me and was like ms. davis you have a payment that is past due and you need to make an appearence in the store... That creeped me out these people are stalkers...

• Al
      17th of Feb, 2009

this just happened to me In Prospect heights illinois...i had 2 rent a center employees try and brake into my house while i was home with my 5 year old son...They were beating on the door and telling me to open up, like they were the freaking police or something...they would not go away and told me that they were like loan sharks and that they would be back to my house if i didn't pay. I called the police and filed a report with them because it scared me to death. The police said it was illegal for them to do this and harrass me like this. They actually tried to use a credit card to brake into my house . I could see them through the peak hole. I was terrified. It was like a scene from the godfather. The police did go and tell them to leave me alone. DO NOT EVER GO TO RENT-A-CAENTER
    I went to the one in Niles Illinois. they are unproffesional and take part in illegal opperations
    -Ali