Rent A Center / unsolicited phone calls

We are being harassed by rent a center. They keep calling our home at least 5 to 6 times a day but from different numbers back to back. The same day our first bill was do they called us early that morning. When rent a center delivered my bed room set they didn't even put it together. no bed rails.

I was a week behind on my payment and i asked if i could pay on the second of October and i was told no. I was threaten, by rent a center saying that they were going to come with the police department.

Va

Comments

• Ke
      14th of Oct, 2008

Okay, first and foremost, on the day that you are due, they are not supposed to be calling before 10 am. Secondly, you state that your bedroom set didn't come with bedrails? The majority of bedroom sets will not come with bedrails unless you specifically ask for them. As for the payment that was a week late, if you are a week late, after they have been trying to contact you all week, they're going to be a lot less willing to work with you, mainly because you have not returned any of the 12(minimum) calls to your home and cell, and any messages they may have left with your references. At 7 days past due, it's either pay today or return.