Reliance Netconnect / USB modem internet connection!

India Review updated:
4.85

I brought an USB ZTE CDMA 1X MODEM from Reliance Mobile 10 days before from Reliance Mobile in Brigade Road, Bangalore. This is a post paid connection that came with my HP Pavilion Note, thinking about the mobility and net connection speeds up to 144 kbps I paid Rs.3180 for this pathetic internet connection.

The average connection speed I get is less than 15 kbps. Worst case is some times I get connection speed less than 5kbps. At these speeds even simple home page of google.com fails to load. I have done all the basic trouble shooting steps to increase the internet connection. When I called Reliance Customer Care I was transferred to their technical team, which is even worst.

The tower signal shows as full strength but the connection speed is very slow this is because reliance does not offer its customers what its promise. Reliance is company that can’t be trusted. The BSNL Dial-Up connection that I have is far better than the high speed USB modem from Reliance.

To check the internet connection further I even took my note book where there was a reliance tower. It did not make any difference. Reliance Technical Support is worst. So, I think Anil Ambani should be held responsible for all these.

My advice is, don’t buy Reliance USB modem.

Comments

Pa
  19th of Nov, 2007
I should comment what Anil Ambani should do... but the story remains the same. I'm getting the connection with even slower speed than 10KBps with the ZTE CDMA 1X modem ! ... Dont know what to do?
Pa
  19th of Nov, 2007
I should not comment what Anil Ambani has to do... but the story remains the same. I'm getting the connection with even slower speed than 10KBps with the ZTE CDMA 1X modem ! ... Dont know what to do? My suggestion... stick to your dial up only otherwise try for broadband ... dont go for this one!!
Ra
  19th of Nov, 2007
I think reliance should be sewed as well for the hopeless connections they are giving out to people. it s all a hoax!, and a big money making sham.

I bought a reliance net connect for 3300 rupees, when it s only 2850. Then they writer 154 kbps on the cover, and it gives 115 kbps. the net is really slow!

Anil Ambanmi should look into the complaints of the people falling for his products!
Na
  21st of Nov, 2007
I ALSO BOUGHT THE MODEM BUT I NO COMPLAINTS REGARDING IT SPEED. I WANNA COMPLAIN THAT WHEN I CLICK ON CONNECT BUTTON. A MESSAGE BOX APPEARS SAYING MODEM NOT FOUND. IT USED TO GET CONNECTED YESTERDAY BUT TODAY IT SHOWS THIS MESSAGE. I REINSTALLED IT TWICE BUT IT SAID THE SAME THING WAT SHOULD I DO NOW. THEN I WENT TO THE PROPERTIES OF NETWORK PLACES AND RIGHT CLICKED THE CONNECTION AND SELECTED CONNECT, AT THAT MOMENT IT GOT CONNECTED.

PLZ REPLY WAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT IT!
Sa
  24th of Nov, 2007
Recently I purchased a reliance USB CDMA net connect and the speed that was promised by the dealer was not given. The connection is hopeless even to open a Google search page. When I called the dealer he said that that during the day the connection will always be slow bcoz of the heavy net traffic, but it is the same even at night. I think the company should be brought to law for their false customer promise.
Dh
  27th of Nov, 2007
Your complaint is valid - but comparing it with BSNL dial up??? Thats crazy!!

Actually, Sify's 256 kbps speed gives you round 22KBps on average. So reliance's 14KBps is suitable for me. I have got it, and I am fully satisfied with it. Though I'd say BSNL Broadband is still the best - 299 for an unlimited internet connection - what can be better? :D

As far as the speed below 5 KBps is concerned - well, just reconnect. It happens with me as well, but it never gets annoying, it is that RARE!! That was a trait with BSNL dial up!!
Dh
  27th of Nov, 2007
My complaint is - whenever I login through reliance net connect, the images/photographs i see on web pages are pixelated. Any Webpage!! If I right click on the image, copy the image location and then download, everything works fine.

The point is, I dont have any problems with wallpapers and photographs not displaying properly - I can always copy their location and download them. What I am concerned about is that since every image displays that way - each and every web page looks DAMN UGLY!!!
Pr
  2nd of Dec, 2007
I totally agree with you guys for the speed as it is too slow with reliance netconnect. I just want to recommend you to go for tata indicom broadband instead of this reliance netconnect, that one really gives a good speed. Try Tata.
Sr
  4th of Dec, 2007
Hi
The software of the device is not proparly suitable for windows. With my investigation, I found this at last. I too bought it recently. The same problems i too have faced.
If I used it for windows XP some what ok. If it is with windows 2003 server, then it is totally malfunctioning and that application itself is being hanged up and windows cannot be stoped and you cannot use taskbar and you cannot ever remove the USB safely.
Anyway if you are using windows XP, try to get the software patches for that windows suggested in their site. Just search for the following
WindowsXP-KB835732-x86-ENU_1.EXE
WindowsXP-KB927891-v3-x86-ENU.exe
WindowsXP-KB929969-x86-ENU_sp2.exe
Just down load these files and install.

This will surely eliminates the connections problems including the safe removal of USB device provided. Regarding the speed, it is upto Reliance, normally it tries to mislead people in mass as it can since its origin.
Da
  10th of Dec, 2007
I was given to believe that the reliance net card works with Vista as an OS, however the connection is extremely slow. I am at a loss what else can I say.
So
  11th of Dec, 2007
I bought the reliance netconnect modem cdma 1X this month and opted freedom@night plan hoping higher speed. However, this has proven to be my great mistake and useless. speed is very slow even after using netbooster. also, signal strength is almost zero from 2200 hrs. to 0100 and disconnects frequently. This frequent hanging will definitely block in-line shopping such as banking, ticket booking etc. As time is wasted during surfing, people has to pay heavily during day time. Also without surfing, the MB received metere is running very fast and any limit specified by opting other plan will give false MB download and people will have to pay again heavily. Unless,reliance shows reliability, most of the people will optout the reliance netconnect. I am waiting for the first bill and then will apply for disconnection. Now, somebody can suggest me what to do with the modem. It seems, there is a slot inthe modem to insert a seam card, which may facilitate using service from other operator such as tataindicom. I need confirmation. otherwise i will be loosing the rs. 3180, which I paid.
Sa
  15th of Dec, 2007
Hi Guys,

I am also having same problem! But i dont know what will do next? I bought modem that cost is Rs.3180/- If i would like to change to other broadband connection means what is the use that modem? Is ther any solutions or options to send back to reliance?. I spoke to customercare, he told me i have to install one new software for increase the speed but i dont know how i'll download it? If anybody know about this software download link pls reply and do the needful.
  19th of Dec, 2007
I'm also a victim of these products... Reliance Netconnect is WORST!!! Do not buy this product. The speed depends upon the network availability & varies as per area. Even then you won’t get good speed. Mail gets diconnected all the time.
  19th of Dec, 2007
Soo many people have complaints againts this product. Should go to Consumer court!!
  19th of Dec, 2007
So many people with complaints against these products... Sould go to consumer court!!!
  21st of Dec, 2007
Why don't we all gather and do something about it?.......before more people buy this product
Ir
  31st of Dec, 2007
DEAR SIR,
THE INTERNET IS VERY SLOW. THE NET CONNECT IS RCONNECT DIALER.
Si
  1st of Jan, 2008
I completely agree with you all. Very slow connection. You need to have lot of patience if you are going to use this product and be prepared to face all kind of technical problems. You may even see Blue Screen errors!! Technical department would only ask you to re-install the software. They have no proper solution for your problem. Terminating Reliance NetConnect service was the only way I could think of to get value for money by avoiding further monthly bills.
Vi
  1st of Jan, 2008
Hey Guys,

Companies make and launch things to sell. they are hardly concerened with the fact what a consumer feels till a particular time of period (till the time their product gets publicized and has the good market hold).

I would like to ask all of you, why you guys are putting your problems here, you all must be tech savvy that is why u guys are here. Why didnt you check the feedback before buying it. And believe me, internet has everything of everyone so pls. keep this in mind and do your homework before investing your money into anything.

All the best and I wish that all of you get the cure of your problems.

Best Regards
Vikas
Dr
  10th of Jan, 2008
I too ve the same problem and I wrote a email to the Hon President. They gave me five days time to rectify but they could rectify nothing and at the end gave-up and sent a mail stating that ; "the access speed can be upto 144kbps, but in most real-world situations, you can expect average speeds of 20-40kbps.
Reliance Netconnect is a shared resource service. Hence the speed depends on a variety of factors, like the number of voice and data users in your area, the signal strength available at the time of connection and the site you are visiting.
Though it is difficult to guarantee a minimum service speed, we assure you with our superior, high-speed wireless technology and high-bandwidth of an issue -free access to the Internet service."

So where was this "REAL WORLD SITUATION" mentioned in the real RELIANCE WEBWORLD brosure?
These company only wants real business and doesnt really wants to care its customers.
Better be aware. Look before you leap.

Reliance Communications Logo Reliance Communications