Regions Bank / fraud and deceit

I closed my account with regions bank 8/31/2010 zero balance. October 18th an ach, comes in for $18.01 on a closed account and they accepted it why? Now I'm sitting with a $400.00 overdraft and bank charges. I was told from two people that pre-authorized account were my responsibility for 30 days after closing. however, after 30 days the account would automatically zero and closed. my charges came in 47 days after closing. do i have any financial liability? or have they broken the law? i offer this case to any attorney willing to take it.

Pa

Comments

• Ne
      11th of Dec, 2010

Your complaint doesn't add up. How does an $18.01 ACH result in $400 of overdraft fees? Also, when you closed your account on 8/31, did you physically go into the bank and request your account to be closed, or did you just withdraw the account down to a $0 balance? Regardless of the account status, you would be out the same amount of money. If the account had been closed, the bank would have returned the ACH item and then charged a $35 Returned Item Fee, which is the same amount of the Overdraft Fee if they pay the item. The bank is correct in that it is the consumer's responsibility to make sure there are no outstanding checks or pending ACH items. The bank can't know everything you've got set up, and they cannot stop someone from presenting a payment to them that you've agreed to. Unless there is more to your story than is included in your original post, no law has been broken.

• Re
      6th of Aug, 2011

I'm having the same issue - Regions is holding my direct deposit from my employer that went in on 8/1/2011 - I attempted to transfer those funds to my current bank through ACH transfer and Regions would not allow the payment to go through claiming the account was closed. If the account was truly closed, that direct deposit would not have gone through and would have went back to my employer for return to me. That didn't happen - Instead, Regions waited for that 8/1/2011 deposit to go into their account and then 'stole' that money from me and closed the account AFTER they saw that deposit go in. - At this point, Regions has over $1, 000 of my direct deposit in their hands that they are 'legally obligated' to send to the consumer when the account is at a 0 balance and closed with no outstanding loans, credit cards or liens, etc...A bank is NOT supposed to hold any consumers money if there is no outstanding debt to pay back to that bank. They are regulated by the Federal Reserve Bank if you want to have an investigator look into your complaint. They will have to speak to them on your behalf. If Regions Bank doesn't want to speak to you, have them speak to the people that govern their actions. You have a voice. Don't allow Regions to get away with it. Apparently, they're doing it to others as well.

• Le
      26th of Mar, 2016

Here is all information such as location, phone etc. http://www.usbankinginfo.com/bank/regions-bank/