Rediff.com / Rediff shopping is a scam

I burnt my fingers with Rediff Shopping. It's shocking that these big portals have no qualms about cheating and deceiving people. I ordered a pair of Cargo Shorts from rediff shopping recently. At least that's what I thought I'd be getting. I happily processed my order, and couldn't wait to pay the courier guy when he reached my house.

What I opened the package, I was shocked to say the least. I laid my eyes on the most horrible looking shorts (if I can call them that) I have ever seen. Seriously, someone would have to pay me money to wear these in public. The material is like a rag, a dirty paper thin cloth. The design and styling is nowhere near cargo - these are more like the bermudas that were popular a decade ago. To top it all, the colour, is a PALE YELLOW WITH FLOWERS ON IT. Not Blue, Black, Green, Brown or Khakhi mentioned on the order page. Rediff.com, if you're reading, is this what you call Cargo Shorts?

After reporting the matter to the rediff support team, I got a message saying that I should courier the order back to the cheat seller who sent this to me from Mumbai. Yes sure, and I now I should spend that more money on top of this.

I am posting a picture of what I received here so that everyone can see the clear difference between promises and delivery. I also wonder how many people were swindled like me. Interestingly, rediff rates this seller (K-ValueMart, Mumbai) highly. Rediff, get your act together.

A  15th of Nov, 2009 by
I also agreed..the same

I have ordered for 8GB Mp3 Ipod on 06.11.09 and it is to be delivered within 7 days ..means before 13.11.09..

But till 16.11.06, i could not receive the product and finally, the rediff people sent me the mail like the product was delivered to me on 13.11.09 thru Aramex courier where, that courier people told me that such kind of shipment they had not received from rediff with such Airway No..

Wat a pathetic experience i had from Rediff shopping is truly warnable thing in my life...

finally i request customers not to go for Rediff - Shopping ...pls its my humble request.

Rediff.com India Logo Rediff.com India
Customer Care Service
1st Floor, Mahalaxmi Engineering Estate, L. J. First Cross Road, Mahim (W)
India - 400016