Red Lobster / substandard food

Homestead, FL, United States Review updated:

I visited the restaurant after seeing an ad for Lobsterfest. We ordered our meals and when delivered were neither similar to the marketing on TV or were of the quality at the price level we were charged. We ordered meals which included Maine lobster and shrimp. The lobster was a small tail, over cooked and put on the plate in a manner which made it ugly. The lobster was tasteless, rubber textured and not of the quality expected in a $26 plate price. Shrimp was also part of the meal. The shrimp was also not representative of the TV ad. I have bought a dozen shrimp as bait that would beat this meal. The shrimp were over cooked and tasteless. Needless to say the staff thought it was "too bad" we were dissatisfied. We will not return to this national name business in any city. As we left we noticed just a few other diners who made the mistake of choosing this establishment. Advertising will not save poor quality and disinterest. Our feet leaving will be heard. My advice... go to a family owned seafood place where there is pride in quality and presentation of product.

Comments

• Gr
      5th of May, 2012

Red Lobster is amazing. You can't expect food to look like it does in the ads, and if you do your slightly ###ed. I'm sure your feet leaving will NOT be heard over all the other people who still dine at Red Lobster. Your absence won't make the slightest difference.