Red Lobster / table turning
As a server I really have little control of how long a guest will sit at a table. At lunch we are expected to turn tables in 39 mins. Which means the guest sits, orders, eats, pays and leaves within 39 mins. At dinner time we are expected to turn tables in 49 mins and are verbally persecuted and made to feel incompetent in our jobs if we can't do that. I've experienced this at 3 different darden restaurants so I know its everywhere. I'm sorry but 49 minutes is an unrealistic goal. As a server I go out to eat a lot and i spend at least an hour if not 75-90 mins at dinnertime. If we have high ticket times we are given less shifts and the worst shifts and sections. Our guests feel rushed like herded caddle in and out of our restaurant. I've seen many complaints about guests feeling this way and darden doesn't care. This company is losing a large part of its customer base because its so "corporate". We are becoming more chinsky in our portion sizes and charging for everything. As servers we have lost almost all ability to be flexible with guests as we have such strict rules and guidelines. This company cares more about its profits than its employees or guests.
For ex. A guest wrote on the tip line of the credit card slip...fifteen dollars as opposed to $15.00 and I was not allowed to receive the tip...because the guest could possibly call and dispute it and Red lobster could lose money. So I have to lose out on hard earned money. Also Tips where the customer does not sign on the correct line are also taken away.
More Red Lobster Complaints & Reviews
- Red Lobster - do not work at red lobster wauwatosa 
- Red Lobster Wauwatosa - stay away from red lobster wauwatosa and red lobster brown deer 
- Red Lobster - food quality 
- Red Lobster - terrible overall experience 
- Red Lobster - stay away 
- [Resolved] Red Lobster Hospitality - management
- Red Lobster Hospitality - shrimp tacos
- Red Lobster Hospitality - rude manager 
- Red Lobster Hospitality - managers
- Red Lobster Hospitality - poor service and cold food