Readers Digest Canada / Misleading Advertising
I ordered a Canadian Music/Artists CD last year from a card that was enclosed with our RD subscription. The price indicated was $28.00 and change on the card plus shipping and handling. There were a few good songs on it and I remember the $28 standing out clearly in my mind because I have ordered maybe 3 things in my life from a mail-in. I do all remote purchasing on line where you can see the shipping, pricing, and have a contract and buyer protection (it was around the time I was spending postage stamps like pennies on the RD sweepstakes contests that I finally got sick of trying to keep up with).
I received the CD which had the expected music, feeling it was a bit pricey for what was offered, but since I'd ordered it knowing that, I'd pay for it. Then I saw the invoice was for over $88.00!!
That was a LONG way from $28 and change!! Gosh I wish I had the card - there wasn't any asterisk by the price or fine print apparent saying it would be 3 payments of $28 plus shipping. It was false advertising if my memory serves me right.
I wouldn't care HOW good the music was, no CD is worth $88 to me...
So now the collection calls have begun. I told them keep calling.
More Readers Digest Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Reader's Digest - Office of the Prize Award Administrator 
- Readers Digest / Pepsi Co. - prize money 
- Readers Digest - 3 free gifts 
- Readers Digest www. Rd. Ca / Nikon - fooling us 
- Reader's Digest - www.besthealthmag.ca/wii 
- Readers Digest - unsolicited books
- Reader's Digest / Trusted Media Brands - reader's digest
- Readers Digest - annoying
- Readers Digest - book
- Readers Digest - condensed books-cust #00076597301