Readers Digest / Pepsi Co.prize money

Received a letter from Pepsi Co., co sponsorship with Readers Digest located in Plano Texas stating my wife has won the grand prize of one million dollars. Inside is a check for $5400.00 to cover any outstanding fees that have not been paid by Pepsi Co. directly. Before she is to cash this check, she is supposed to contact a Mr. Ron Pittsfield, a representative, phone No. [protected] ext. #1. with the prize claim #. This check is a citibank check, drawn from Strategic Focus Cities in New York city, New York. This enveloped my wife received appears to have come from Canada. I thought I should pass this on and make your Company aware!

Sincerely Armando Romo

• Do
    Doreen Clarke Jul 27, 2016

I received a card from readers digest saying because I am a preferred subscriber there was a free gift waiting for me I logged on and guess what no gift .This company is going down hill in my opinion.I am going to cancel my prescribtion and hope everyone that reads this also does the same .It is about time someone stops these companys from all this junk.

• Wa
    wanda owens Jul 27, 2016

I received card for 1 year of readers digest for only $10 dollars after I sent in 10 dollars I receivedfirst book and another bill for another 10 dollars then got a card for the so called free gift which was a book club it said pick free book then get more books I dont want more books and I am not paying more money this is just a scam alltogether card said www.rd.com/surprise IT'S A SURPRISE ALLRIGHT

Bev Jul 27, 2016

I have jsut recieved a free surprise gift form Readers dugest I have recieved this magazine for over 27 years and this is how they treat or should I say trick loyal customers. Very underhanded and low for what I thought was a classy magazine

• Ra
    Rae143 Jul 27, 2016

Ok I got a bill in the mail saying I owe money I never ordered jack.it sent me a free book.I'm only 15.Me and my family saw on the book you get $50, 000.So we did it in they sent me a bill I'm going to report them.Or they better stop it.

• Ax
    Axe Jun 07, 2016

I agree totally, My wife asked me to enter her in the contest for the GPS's as well. I was unable to find it anywhere. Her and her Mother have subscribed to Readers Digest for at least 25 years. The contest is a fraud and Readers Digest should award anyone with a winning code a GPS system as far as I am concerned.

Jack for Enid and Ina

mary Jun 07, 2016

i was scammed in the year of november of 2006 i received a check in the mail told me to despoit in the bank then the next day take it out and send it western union to some town in texas and i would recieve over 75ooo dollars so i cashed it at bank of america and they told me it was good i had the bank to really check it out and the bank still said it was good until a week passed and that when BOA told it wasnt good and wanted me to give all of my ssi check to them for 4 months i couldnt do it so they send my name to all banks not to let me have any saving or checking accounts for 5 years i dont trust no more banks either my SSI check come on a card from direct express which who ever gets ssi check out there call soical security office and ask them for the phone number to get it i dont have to worry about no banks it come on the card every month mary from california.

• Al
    Alison Storry Jun 07, 2016

Anyone else out there as disappointed as I am in the so called Reader's Digest : "Win 1 of 3 Sony GPS Devices"???? I've been receiving this magazine for more years than I can count and I do enjoy reading them, obviously or I wouldn't receive them anymore. But this is the second time this contest has had no web site to enter. Also with this issue I received a letter stating that "We've earned Canada's "most trusted" magazine reputation". Well, I think that reputation is about to take a nose dive. Come on guys! If you're going to put the junk mail in with your magazine, then at least make sure it's not a scam. I can go online if I want that.

Alison Storry

• Ki
    Kira madraga Jun 07, 2016

this is very disrespectful on how your treating your customers, after there being very loyal to you. you should rethink you adds and stop scamming people and getting there hopes up it not fair.
    My Grandma is very loyal to yous and this is how u treat her! i dont approve

[email protected]

• In my attempt to log into your given website-( www.rd.ca/ssvault)
    the site appeared but there was no opportunity given to enter the
    combination No. given on the Free Entry slip . Instead - a request to send in a complaint.. which is what you are reading!!

This is about the 3rd or 4th time I have found the same result.. which I find to be very negative publicity. Is that your aim???

• Ip
    ipodgurl Jun 07, 2016

I received a card in the latest edition of Readers Digest to enter a contest to win an ipodtouch. When I entered the URL, there was no such website! Very poorly done!

• Li
    Lisa Lewin Jun 07, 2016

I have tried several times to get to www.rd.ca/ssvault but there is no such a sight and if there is where is it?
    Also how do I open it or is it a scam.
    Awaiting your prompt reply,
    kind regards,
    Lisa Lewin

• Di
    Diana Haitsma Jun 07, 2016

I tried to access the website <www.rd.ca/ipodtouch>
    Apparently website does not exists and how can you enter to win a new Ipod after the RD give you a personal access code and there is no website to get into.
    This is one of the many scams of Readers Digest they make you believe you are going to win and when you want to register or find out no such possibility is available. The only thing they want you to do is subscribe to another magazine or bookscam
    Lousy company

• Su
    Susanne Topelko Jun 07, 2016

No such website or contest exists

Betsy Jun 07, 2016

I am sick of all the scams that Readers Digest does, this one is entry for Fast Cash Giveaway and the site does not even exist!

• Rd
    RDC Customer Care Jun 07, 2016

My name is Sylvie and I work for Reader's Digest in Customer Care.

If you are trying to find the link through a search engine (Google, Yahoo, etc.), it is possible that you will not be able to access the website to enter the contest. Some of our contests are "by invitation only" and also cannot be found through our main website.

To access the URL provided on the card you received, you must type it in the address bar of your web browser.

You may also click "File" then "Open" in your web browser (for example, Internet Explorer) and type the address in the space provided. Be sure to type the address in lower case as upper case may not work.

If you are using Web TV or AOL, you may be unable to access the website.

I hope this will be of help to you and I wish you the best of luck.

If you have any questions, you can view our FAQs at www.rd.ca/contact.

Sylvie Robert
    E-Care Coordinator
    Reader's Digest Canada

• So
    soundara pandian Jun 07, 2016

absolutely yes . what a poor administration. i have returned the books spending the courier charges from my pocket which was sent withour my acceptance and now they say after 6 months that they have not received the payments nor the books sent back by me. i think all their subscribers are new entrants who will never renew after the first . i am also not renwing the subs. for thenext year.

• Br
    brenda newton Jun 07, 2016

im sick of them sending stuff like dvd's that i didnt order, plus i aready sent it back . it's like they dont care or they dont read or get anything you send back to them . then they give you a address or a email that says we cannot help you right now, are site is being work on try again later. WELL I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME FOR SOMEONE OR THE COMPLAINT DEPARTMENT TO LOOK INTO THIS ' OR GET SOME LAWSUITS GOING!!! sign tired of their buu shttttt.

• Je
    jean noel Jun 07, 2016

I like so many others are not able to complete for contest offered.

www.rd.ca/ssvault

I have heard of this happening before and would appreciate if someone who has the position to check this out.

This is a form of fraud I think. We get so many offers for contest and offers to buy books etc

Jean

• Th
    Thelma Brown Jun 07, 2016

I am getting VERY ANNOYED l sent books back in JULY by PURAOLATER [protected] l have written, called, sent copy of my reciept l was told head office would call me. The only mail l have had from you is saying l would not receive any more junk mail as l call it. My cheque was 118 for$33.56 plus mailingof $16 78 WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET IT BACK You always say return if you do not want the books. l am a widow now and can not afford to having money owed when l have expences.
    I WONT THIS CLEARED AS SOON AS POSSABLE

[protected]

beischer Jun 07, 2016

It seems unlikely that Readers Digest would mess up like this as they have always had a very professional media system. Therefor, one must assume this contest is not genuine, even someone has gone to some large expense in printing and arranging distribution through bonefide companies. READER'S DIGEST NEEDS TO INVESTIGATE!

• Yo
    yourfault Jun 07, 2016

Maybe you should ask Santa Claus to help you - In your christmas list.

Annie George Jun 07, 2016

From:
    "Reader's Digest" <[email protected]> | Add to Address book |This is spam

To: [email protected], [email protected]

Subject: Regarding payment of Rs 999 for the yoga book [Incident: [protected]]

Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:41:11 IST

Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 1 business day. Your patience is appreciated.

If you would like to update your inquiry to us by email, please click the "reply" button in your email software then type your response between the two lines below.

[===> Please click reply then enter your reply below this line <===]

[===> Please click reply then enter your reply above this line <===]

Question Reference #[protected]
    Summary: Regarding payment of Rs 999 for the yoga book
    Category Level 1: Sweepstakes
    Zip: 560036
    Account Number:

Discussion Thread
    Customer 12/17/2009 05:14 AM
    We will process your payment and rush your order without delay.
    Your receipt number is : 6356968

Hello,

I have paid Rs 999 for the yoga book 3 weeks back, still I didn't have any knowledge of getting that book or the details of the sweepstakes. Please do the needful at the earliest.

[---001:000922:26254---]

• Ba
    Barbara Stewart Jun 07, 2016

I received a bill for a subscription that to my knowledge I never ordered. I looked over the bill very carefully and I find that it is very convenient that there is no contact phone number. So I sent in a check for payment of this bill and I'm still receiveing Reminder notices for keep in mind this is a subscription that I don't recall asking for. I do not order magazines as a rule I make any of my purchases only when I want them from a local store.

• Ca
    Carol A. Lee Jun 07, 2016

I have just recieved a bill from Readers Digest asking if I overlooked paying my bill for "The Christmas List" that I suppossedly ordered and it was suppossedly sent to me on 11/10. I have never ordered anything from Readers Digest. I have recieved Readers Digest as a gift from someone 2 years ago! Nothing since. I haven't recieved this book, and I would not order anything as expensive as this book. I am on SS. I have no money to buy this book. I too looked for a phone number to call & straighten this out, but no phone number. I will also write a letter to them & complain. Thanks, Carol Lee- Kewanee, Ill.

• Eu
    eugenia b. tamayo Jun 07, 2016

its 5 years back i throw all my receipt, i dont know
    how i will claim it then coz im too much upset i did it.

thanks

• Ki
    Kim Jun 07, 2016

I paid for Readers Digest From some woman claiming to be a student on August 15, 2008 Check cleared my bank on 8/18/08 Is this a scam, how do I get a refund please let me know what the refund process is I have no magazine and I am out $42.00 and I am extremely angry at myself for being such a sucker. These people claim to be students earning scholarship money???Does this company even exist?? My receipt is M474779 I think the name reads Dana Gould as the participant please contact me ASAP

Janice O'Neill Jun 07, 2016

They send a card with your first magazine to claim a free gift. Go thru to claim it. Yeah, right free gift. As long as you enroll in their book club. Every three to four months pay $20.00 bucks. Even if it is without obligation. Who wants to take the time to cancel an unwanted book club? I've got better things to do. I don't even want the "free" book.

• Ih
    ihaterd Jun 07, 2016

wow! this "select editions" is a BIG SCAM! please does anyone know a number..e-mail..website..to visit to stop this! 30 dollars for some suckish book! please!

• Sh
    Sharon Franzen Jun 07, 2016

I'm tired of searching the web for non-exsistant contests from Readers Digest and their affiliates. I'm so disappointed in them and will be leaving a relationship of over 20 years behind, that's how long I have been subscribing to RD.

• Ba
    Barbara Jun 07, 2016

We are sent a code to enter Reading other reader's complaint, he mentions his code is the same as mine Doesn't that tell you something What kind of contest is that We finally find the rd.ca/wii but only complaints are found Nowhere to enter code I intend to cancel my subscription to the magazine and not to answer any more of the numerous contest folders that arrive daily in my mailbox It is a scam fullblown for sure Only a trick to get us to purchase their products in order to win the BIG prize I am fed up

• Kr
    KrystalRD Jan 22, 2013

Hello, I work for Reader’s Digest in Customer Care and I just came across your post.

I am sorry to hear you are being billed for a book you did not order or receive. We do not expect you to pay for something that you have not received.

If you would contact us directly by calling [protected] or emailing us at [email protected] one of our agents will be most happy to make the necessary adjustment to our records.

Chelsea
    Customer Care

• Ae
    aew7r Jan 12, 2013

I received an amnesty notice saying that I owed $30.92 for a "special editions" book that I have NEVER signed up for and NEVER received. I called the number [protected]) and the lady told me I had already made one payment for $30 & something on September via a check to Reader's Digest. I know I have NEVER written a check to Reader's Digest but I checked my bank records anyways - no record of any check written in this amount or to Reader's Digest. This MUST be a scam.

Sandy Hansen Jul 07, 2012

I ordered a book and then got billed twice without the book. Then I Cancelled because I was so frustrated with getting billed for something I didn't receive. Weeks after canceling I then received a package saying I had two free gifts. I open the box and there was the book I cancelled along with another bill. I request this cancelled and was assured I would not receive it. I want to return it and I would like you to send me return postage. I'm very upset over this and do not want anything more to do with your company after this book is returned.

• Me
    melanie turriff Jan 16, 2012

I am a subscriber to Reader's Digest. In the booklet is a small card enabling me to enter a contest for an ipod touch 64GB. I went online only to find out they have all been given away!!! How the hell am I supposed to enter a contest when there isn't a blessed thing to win???? The contest closes feb. 29th, 2012. I would like something done about this and as soon as possible. This is the second time I've tried to enter and I do not think I will be subscribing to Reader's Digest again. Thank you very much.

• Je
    jerpat Sep 15, 2011

I have subscription that doesn't expire until 2017. Recently diagnosed with macular degeneration so I emailed asking if they could convert my subscription to large print. They would not consider it. Really arrogant company.

Bev Christensen Apr 07, 2011

I received the book entitled "Crossfire" and immediately sent it back to you. Date sent was 3/14/11 . I sent it to : 7501 Winstead Dr., Louisville, Ky. 40281. I thought that was probably a better guess as to where to return it than the payment processing center. Was I wrong? Sorry. Anyway, I do not have the book. Please straighten out transaction. Thank you.
    I really miss the fact that you do not give us a phone number to clarify these kind of things.I know that I am not the only one who has complained about these things.
    Bev Christensen acct. #[protected]

Martina Orozco Aug 16, 2010

I received in early June a book by the name VOL 3-10 Winter Garden, I did not order and now they are sending a PAST DUE notice. I will not pay I would only do is to send it back. My budgest is very low and can only pay for medications. Thank you

madmanin catawissa Jul 14, 2010

iam not really complaining.i got a mind stretcher crossword book, it is too hard, so i dont want anymore.my name is gary fetterman.p.obox 103 catawissa, pa 17820

• Gw
    Gwendolyn Glkogas Jun 30, 2010

We recieved a book in the mail where the wrapper said it was free. In side is a contest that we have already been entered and that we did not have to send anything back. I read the contest information and it said we would recieve new books every 2-3 months. Thes price for these books would be $22.98 plus deivery and sales tax with a results of which we do not know because the delivery and sales tax are not given an amount. We did not order these books or resquest to be entered into the contest. The book is maked free on the external wrapping and there is no sugestion of price in the shippment. Therefore, I will not return and if a bill is sent I will not pay it, If any other books are sent I will give them to the libary and will not pay for them as I do not want them this is a scam to get me to pay for books I did not want or order. This is a very poor way to get business. I have subscribed to the Readers Digest Magazine for years, but when the renewal comes up I will not renew it as I do not like this kind of dishonesty. We were in business for 50 years and never had to revert to dishonesty to make our living. Maybe Mr. Ronal J Leslie should be fired or who ever set this up should be if he is not guilty.

Gwendoly Carol Glogas Dunkirk IN 47336 June 30, 2010

andrea laviolette May 14, 2010

i tried to find the site to register for the ipod touch and no site seems to exist. i then tried to locate contact info and that doesn't seem to exist either. i just don't think i will even waste my time or money purchasing something that doesn't seem to exist