RC Willey / Delivers a TV without a remote and manual

40 East University ParkwayOrem, UT, United States Review updated:

I visited RC Willey, Orem, UT store to buy a HD TV on the Presidents Day. RC Willey had a special Presidents Day sale going on that day. I liked a Toshiba Regza brand and decided to buy. I also ordered a TV Stand. Later I was told by Travis, the Sales Agent that the TV that I liked is on back order. I was told by the agent that I would receive the TV on March 13 after the next stock comes from Toshiba. On March 13, I was contacted and told by the same agent that the TV I liked is discontinued and if I like the Floor Model, they can deliver on March 19. I agreed over the phone. The Sales Agent later contacted me on March 19 and told me the TV will be delivered from their warehouse and will arrive in my house on March 22.

On March 22, the delivery guys delivered the Floor Model without a remote control and a manual. The Entertainment Center also was not delivered. I was told I will receive the remote control in the evening of the same day, and I have to contact the Sales Agent for the Entertainment Center. Since the remote control did not come for a day, I called RC Willey next day. At that time I was told by the Customer Service Agent that I will not receive a remote because that is a floor model, and is sold as is. I was asked to contact the Sales Agent Travis to resolve the problem. Since Travis did not show any interest to talk to me, I asked the store to take back the TV. I was told I will be charged $25 as restocking fee if they want to take back the TV. I was very much surprised at this because I already have an Advantage Plan and pay $45 every year for delivery of items into my home. RC Willey also says on their website that if they deliver any product incomplete, they will take it back. That did not happen in my case.

There is a lot of politics and issues happening between the Customer Service and the Sales Department in RC Willey. Many a time you will become a victim between those two departments fight. They don't keep their agreement of delivering the products on the day they agree to deliver. The bad treatment that you will get from their store will never encourage you to buy from their store again.
Va

Comments

Su
  15th of Jan, 2008
Should have looked this up before I bought a front load washer from RC Willey. We pay to have it delivered, then after the 3 uses, I find not only does it not get my clothes clean, it leaks. We just got it less than 72 hrs. and when my husband calls to tell them the problem, we're told they will come get it, but charge us to pick it up. Amazing. We had to pay to get it delivered, and now we have to pay for them to come get it. Even if we just want to exchange it or buy a different washer. Well, needlless to say they will never get my business again.
Fe
  21st of Aug, 2008
Hi!

I ordered a camera from https://www.tekmo.co.uk. I made the payment and they received the money.
In shipping they say up to 7 working days, it's going to be delivered. It's just past two days ago, and still nothing.
On that week, they don't respond to my mail at all, and a kind of voice mail answers when i call them, and never ever can they be reached.
when they responded last week in mail, they denied to deliver my camera to the delivery address, said instead it will be delivered to the card holder address . But i have to say, still don't have the camera and my money is out there.
What kind of service is it?

RC Willey Home Furnishings Logo RC Willey Home Furnishings