Raymour & Flanigan / very bad quality products!

my wife and I purchased a king size bed, a set of king size mattresses, two nightstands and a dresser. These items were delivered , I believe in 2/06. Around 11/06, my wife and I started experiencing neck and back pain. I call the Egg Harbor store of Raymour & Flanigan to complain. They sent someone to check the mattresses. The technician that came to looked at the mattresses stated that the mattresses were defective. The metal frame was also defective. They also had to add more metal bars to support the weight of the mattresses.

We were called by Raymour & Flanigan to come and pick out another set of mattresses, which we did. We picked the tempur-Pedic mattresses.

My wife started experiencing pain in her arms and neck, for six months my wife was dealing with the pain and taking over the counter medication. My wife started losing sleep because of the pain she was experiencing.

She went to have acupuncture treatments which gave her some temporary but not permanent relief. After $400. worth of treatments and the pain not subsiding.

We went back to her doctor and after going over certain questions regarding injury. The doctor then asked if would had purchased new mattresses. We told him yes, he stated that was the cause of her pain.

I went back to Raymour & Flaingan and explained the situation to the sales person. He stated that because the mattresses were about six month old that we were going to be charged the difference. We picked stern & foster mattresses.

The delivery person when they set up the mattresses did not secure the mattresses on the metal frame. My wife and I got in the bed and the frame collapsed and fell to the floor. They also scratch one of the nightstands when they were setting up mattresses.

We asked that it be repaired they told us that we were going to have to pay for delivery of the top piece. After again calling to question why we had to pay for something that was not our fault, they agreed. We are now waiting for the piece.

My wife's doctor sent her for xrays, three different types of test he also prescribed medication which made her sick, countless days of not being able to go to work, two months of physical therapy which she is still attending.

We are now paying twice the price of the original mattresses because of the quality of the mattresses being sold at Raymour & Flaingan. My wife and I will never purchase any items from Raymour & Flaingan again. They have lost a customer because of their service.

We feel we should be compensated for all the pain, suffering and inconvenience that my wife and I have indured, through this hold process.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Comments

• Sp
      6th of Sep, 2007

I noticed that not even your doctor suggested the problem might be the pillow. Blaming R&F for the problem is absurd.

• Ti
      13th of Sep, 2007

Why don't you cry about it. Take some responsibility for yourself.

• Mi
      7th of Oct, 2007

It sounds like you and your wife are crazy. $400 on acupuncture, what?!! I'm surprised the place you bought the bed from was as understanding as they were because it seems absurd that someone would have so much trouble from 3 different mattress sets. Maybe your wife has something medically wrong with her like hepatitis or diabetes (they cause body pain). A bad mattress does not ruin a person's life.

11th of Feb, 2008

You get what you pay for. Next time go to Bloomindales, Ethan Allen, or Thomasville, pay more, but by the sound of your complaint, nothing is going to satisfy you!

• Sm
      19th of May, 2008

Sounds like the problem is you and you wife need to go on a strict diet!

• Do
      14th of Sep, 2008

We purchased a Mattress from them- $1700. We bought the memory foam- Raymour and Flanigan brand- "Pisces" was the name of the mattress. Purchased it 8/2006- Within a matter of months- had sink holes where you lay. You can not turn this type of matress over. After several calls and with some hassle- they sent someone out to verify. They came and replaced the mattress. It is now 9/2008- had the new one a little over a year. Sink holes again- and my back and body just ache every night. I am only 140 lbs- not like I am a big person. I wake up several times in the night.

7th of Nov, 2008

First, I can not believe the responses you received concerning your pain and suffurering due to a defective mattress from Raymour and Flanigan. I am having the same problems from a mattress that I bought from Raymour and Flanigan three years ago. I am not sure when I started feeling the aches and pains but let me tell you, when I wake up in the moringing my body ache so bad I have to craw out of bed as if I am an old women; by the way I am 46 years old and I should not have to peel myself out of bed. My neck, back, legs every part of my body aches. I have to sleep on the couch where I get a better sleep and I don't have to peel myself up. The type of mattress I brough was a pillow top and I paid almost $1000.00. When I first got the mattress it had a bad smell like cigarett smoke and I could not stand the smell so I called them and they brought me a different mattress that was find in the beginning however three years later it's causing me so much pain. Raymour and Flanigan will be out to my house to check out my mattress on the 15th November.

• La
      30th of Nov, 2008

i bought 2 dawson sofas &2 dawson ottomans 2/15/08, 9 months ago, ive been complaining 2 months after i received them how bad they were me and my wife have bad backs from them and never sit on them, when people come to visit they complain also, the quality is so poor its like sitting on hard board. i am trying to reselect to get something i can live with and they wont help . what is wrong with this company?