Raymour And Flanigan / ordered and paid for furniture that never arrived

West Hartford, CT, United States

We went to purchase furniture on 12/31/09. We found a leather set that we really loved. We asked if it came in black, and we were told yes it did, but it would have to be ordered. They said it would take 8-12 weeks at the most to come in, but most times it comes in sooner. This was not a problem and so we ordered it. The twelve weeks was up March 31. The first week in April I called and was told that it would be here the following week. I waited 2 more weeks and called again. I was told it would be the following week. I then called the following week, and was told May 3rd. They assured me it would be here by then. I called May 2nd to make sure the date was still set for May 3rd and they said it would be in the store on May 3rd, an they would call me. No call came. On May 4th I called the store once again, and was told that it was in the "port" in New York, and would be at the store any day now. I asked to speak to a manager and was told that the manager couldn't do anything for me. I said that I was very annoyed and wanted to speak to someone in charge. I was then told the manager was busy and would call me back. No call came. A few hours later I called back again and asked once again to speak to the manager. I was told once again that she was busy. I then asked for cooperate headquarters phone number, and I was told that they couldn't do anything for me, and I should keep it local. I replied that I was told the manager couldn't do anything for me, and I can't seem to get to talk to the manager, and I wanted cooperates number. I was told the manager would return my call. I said that I expected a call within the hour. I waited and did not receive a call. I then got cooperates number and called them. They said that there really isn't anything they can do, that they are at the mercy of the vender, and have no control over whenever it comes in. I was then told that it should be here now by May 13th, but that date wasn't definite. I said that I should be compensated in some way because this is ridiculous, and I was offered a $100.00 gift card. I feel that this was not acceptable, and I just didn't even want to deal with this company any longer. I said that I wanted to cancel the order and have my money refunded, which is what I ended up doing. This company has AWFUL customer service, and didn't seem to care. I would not buy anything from them EVER! I also think they should change their slogan from "get your furniture in 3 days or less" to "get your furniture in 3 years or less" I should also mention that when I went today to the store (they wouldn't do the refund over the phone) someone else was calling obviously checking on their furniture and I heard the woman saying "well it didn't come in, and it's supposed to come in on Friday" so obviously I'm not the only one they are doing this to.