Rainsoft / bad product service

1 Richmond, VA, United States Review updated:

Rainsoft is a terrible service. There is no information about the service after you buy it. Everytime you need someone to come and check the water (Very often for my house) you have to pay $ 110.00 and you still may not have it fixed. You have to pay a lot per month for nothing. I do not recommend no one to buy this product.

K

Comments

• Fr
      23rd of Aug, 2008

I too got suckered into a rainsoft system 15 yrs ago from world wide water of winchester va. A year later they still couldn't get it working right. I should've made them remove the system and gave my money back.Finally I called castle water out of greencastle Pa, in a short time they had it working properly. Now I pay for the annual service call (plus salt). Still if I could've done it over I'd have bought something else. Rainsoft: "yesterdays technology at tomorrows prices"...

• Ca
      29th of Dec, 2008

I agree--- I think there is some shady stuff going on at Rainsoft. I called Discovery Marketing (that is who Rainsoft.com told me to call for Florida) and they said I had a PAST DUE bill to cover before they would send out a repair person at $125 for the first half hour. Apparently, they rebuilt a motor last year and never told me about it! I remember calling them last year for salt delivery and they said if I bought X amount of salt that they would do a "free inspection" of my unit. Well, I left them a check for the pre-determined amount, and that was that...until now, a year later when they informed me that they had rebuilt the motor and that I still owed on it. WHAT?!?!? I never even received a bill for these unwanted repairs! The customer service person offered to take the late charges off for me...ugh. I am digusted with Rainsoft and Discovery Marketing. What a scam!

• Do
      22nd of Oct, 2012

Some folks would complain if they were being hung with NEW rope! We had a RainSoft system installed in 2000. Yes, there are maintenance costs, yes, you have to buy salt, but our well water was pretty bad, and our RainSoft system has performed well over the years. My wife is considering other systems, but I'm going to convince her just to modernize (digital timers) the system we already have. Overall, we've been extremely pleased with the system.