Rainsoft / misleading company!

1 Georgetown, KY, United States Review updated:

Let me just inform anyone who gets sucked into allowing a rainsoft rep into your house for a "quick" demo to show you what is in your water, the supposed one hour deal actually lasts three excruciating hours of bs.in addition, the free trip that you get for this ha ha, well not so much. It is a complicated procedure with lots of paperwork and rules and in the end, it involves a "timeshare" deal which takes up some of your "free" vacation. Totally not worth anyones time. My advice... Just say no!!!

Comments

• Ve
      11th of Jan, 2011

I was also scammed into buying the system very disappointed with their selling techniques and dishonesty. The system was sold to us for much more money than we were told, we were offered an air filter with the package which we never received and last but not least we were offered cleaning products which we never saw. All but that's not all they never mentioned the yearly service and maintenance charge which I have to pay to keep my system working properly, I have paid almost $600.00 for one visit. It’s about $250.00 a year. When I called the company to complaint about the sales rep. and what he had offered with the purchase of the system I was treated very rudely and got stuck with this system which definitely has been a real pain. Oh I almost forgot the sales rep. also ripped off my sister in law and he was never heard from again. Never return calls and was never at the office. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

• Je
      18th of Sep, 2012

I received a postcard in the mail advertising Starbucks, all I had to do was fill out the postcard, which asked questions about my coffee consumption, and return it for my gift card. A few weeks later a company calling themselves Environmental Water Marketing called. I thought it was a non-profit at first and needed volunteers. This company referred to the postcard I filled out and requested to conduct a water safety test at my house, not knowing what i was getting myself into, I agreed. A Rain Soft salesman arrived at my home- I was shocked! I never would have agreed if they represented themselves accurately. I felt violated and offended by the company. I allowed the sales man to conduct his test and then informed him that I was offended and not at all interested but then asked for the Starbucks card. He stated the company would mail it. I contacted the company, which you can only reach through a Madison, TN office while I am in Clarksville, and informed them that I did not receive my Starbucks gift card. The man on the phone stated that I left in the middle of the test to go to the store and that I never returned!!! Total LIE- this company had demonstrated a lack of integrity on multiple levels. I will NEVER consider a rain soft product EVER! They really have made me feel like a fool and I am offended by their actions.