Quicken Loans / pulled credit report without permission

I was doing a quick check of current rates, considering a refinance from 5.75%. Without asking for permission, the Quicken Loan agent pulled a credit report. This automatically represents a negative on my credit report. Avoid this company.
Gary L Wade, MD

Gl

Comments

• Fe
      20th of May, 2011

I just spoke with quicken and first thing they wanted was to
    get info to pull my credit score. I said no, I had just pulled it
    and told them it was a 799. They then tried to make me believe
    the score on a soft pull was far higher than if they pulled it.

Long story short, I was not impressed at all with the jerk they
    put on the phone. Their website is not truthful and they do not
    offer the loan products they advertise. Don't bother with them,
    they are a waste, and I mean that in every sense of the word.
    Then again, most lenders are these days.

• Hu
      16th of May, 2017

I'm so disappointed with Quicken as I've been a customer with them for a long time. I got a letter in the mail stating I should call in to have my mortgage reviewed. I got their local representative on the phone and explained that I was THINKING about doing a refi on my home. Low and behold, the same day there was a hard hit on my credit that I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. when I called to ask why they ran my credit, he told me he HAD TO run it to get a credit profile on me and claimed that I gave him permission which is COMPLETE BS as we didn't even speak about running my credit. I never talked specifics with them AT ALL.

• El
      6th of Aug, 2018

I have the same story as everyone else...pulled a report because my husband said they could. Who gave HIM permission?!!!
    Transferred all over and eventually, no one would remove the inquiry. Don’t even call these people

17th of Aug, 2018

I had the same exact problem. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! They are a bunch of sharks and i'm furious...