Santander Consumer USA Logo

Santander Consumer USA

Having problems with Santander Consumer USA?

Santander Consumer USA Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Santander Consumer USA Customer Service. Initial Santander Consumer USA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Santander Consumer USA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Santander Consumer USA. Discuss the issues you have had with Santander Consumer USA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Santander Consumer USATook My Vehicle and still kept taking money

I Traded my 2008 Pontiac G6 for a 2014 Chevy Cruise . My payments were 390 a month i paid great the first few months then things started getting a little tighter im a single mom with three girls i worked at a home health company in Pocahontas AR, so the car was pretty crucial. I paid what i could for several months then moved to hot springs for better pay . Well the bills were higher as well and there was 4 months that were not paid They called over and over and over i told them i would have a payment in a couple weeks. i Called my dad in the beginning of September told him i needed some help he gave them a payment in the amount of 650$ . they were happy I was happy then October 2016 my car was repossed and taken . I was devistated . I lost my job because i didnt have a car to use for work, then lost my house because i had no job to pay for it. i had lost evrything in less than a month. then my last payment was made in November? so why was my car taken when money was still being mailed for the car? That company is a joke and they will reap what they sow im sure their are lots of people like me that was screwed by that company. They put me in the biggest bind i had ever been in and i almost wasnt able to pull myself out. a single momthree kids i was scared to death. Glad i dont have to put up with the sob anymore.

Santander Consumer USAAuto loan

I got an auto loan with santander in 2017 for $12, 893 and I just got my truck refinanced with a cheaper interest rate and my payoff for the loan was $12, 228 all the money I was paying monthly only went towards interest and not principal.. The interest rate is too high for someone on a fixed income and they pay the interest on the loan first before the principal. I also had a late payment of only 2 weeks that was put on my credit for 30 days late, I have tried to resolve this but no luck yet.

Santander Consumer USAAuto financed

I was financed in 2014 for six years, I had some issues due to the lost of employment, other added expenses that were causing me hardship and I could not make full payments. I reached out to santander and was told of I just paid the interest I would be fine. This happened four or five times. I was charged a daily compound rate daily and additional finance charges. I am still paying the bill ten months later at the same rate with interest. I have a balance of $4700.00, due. They are now asking for the full amount due.

Dec 09, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — No response to demand letter

Wrote a demand letter including the documents from the class action lawsuit requesting my "internal...

Santander Consumer USALetter with promise to release title

Dealer coerced daughter into loan for boyfriend's auto. She just found out in her name only & that auto in repo status. I have secured a loan on the car to buy & clear daughter's credit. Santander refuses to send settlement offer with verbiage that they will release the title upon receipt of certified funds. My lender cannot give me loan without this letter. Santander is a terrible company to deal with.

Santander Consumer USAThey have been a problem the entire duration of the payment plan

I believe Santander C. worked with the dealership Hare Chevrolet in Noblesville, Indiana to charge me an astronomical interest rate with outrageous rates! I told them in the beginning that the payment was too high for my income and they lied to me and told me that I could refinance the loan for a lower rate after 1 year. When I called back to to so, they told me that they don't refinance their own loans. They have been a problem the entire duration of the payment plan. I purchased the car in Feb 2015

Santander Consumer USAIRA account

I am a customer of Santander for over 15 yrs (Soverign Bank 20) yrs. I am out of Boston area for a long time. I am trying to transfer out my IRA money from Santander and I could not do it. Not co-operative. My money is stuck. Now I am trying to transfer to Ameritrade, all the documentation is there. I need my money out. It is a dead money for 15 yrs.

Santanderwly*completesave.co.uk

Hi I want to know why i've had £15 taken from my account without my consent, it's happened for 3 months and i've only just found out I would like my money back as I didn't sign up to this, i'm fustrated as I can't even contact my bank at the moment and it's so out of order that this has happened, i've seen the complaints and it's happened to loads of people, I need my money back now

Nov 03, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — Auto deal finance and restructuring

I purchased a 750 LI from a BMW Dealership that had an unlicensed Agent facilitate and execute the sales or...

Oct 29, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — Giving loan with very poor credit score, over charging interest rate, taken advantage of the elderly

My father in law, Thomas Pagnozzi Sr. went to the nissan dealership in amityville, ny., they took advantage...

Santander Consumer USAInterest rate not what it was told to be

Santander usa has ripped my wife to be off. From over charging on a loan of 7, 000 and her already paying over 20, 000 dollars and still owe they say 3, 500. They have been paid twice on the principal alone one time 2, 000 and another time 1, 900. I was suppose to be a co signer and they ended putting the loan in my name. I need to know who is in charge and don't say call Santander why would you believe a word they say when they made the mess. I want my money back

Monica,
                    Thank you for reaching out and giving us an opportunity to address your concerns.
                    We have sent you a private message regarding this matter. Please, take a look when you get a chance. Thank you. ^VS

Oct 27, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — Predatory car loan + lies from customer service

I bought this car in 2-1-16. I was making $12.50 an hour, with over $600 in bills at the time. Santander...

Santander Consumer USACon artist

My car was a total lost, my insurance company got a pay off quote and paid the loan, well now Santander Consumer is saying I owe them hundreds more because the time it took the insurance to mail check was three weeks so in three weeks the loan went up over $600, this should be criminal or consider fraud. I can't even understand how this can be legal, I will be contacting a lawyer, This company needs to be investigated.

Stacyao,
                      We have sent you a private message, please, take a look when you get a chance. Thank you. ^VS

Santander Consumer USALoan

I was approved for a loan. I called on 9/25/2020 and asked what is my loan payoff amount. I was given a pay mount. I paid off the loan that day. I viewed my account on 10/10/2020 and noticed I had a balance. When I called I was told its the principal amount. I was told by the representative he was going to put in a ticket to have the amount removed. After 5 days the amount was not removed. I called on 10/15/2020, because amount was not removed it was rejected. I asked to speak with a supervisor because I feel the bank is discriminating because I am black or a women because this is the 3rd time I was told one thing and customer service say well that was the wrong information. Then he said he can help me he was going to refund some of my charges and and transfer the loan amount from my checking. I checked my account he did not transfer so I transferred. Money was taken from my check immediately but not applied to the loan immediately. This bank is a scam to have you to keep paying them.

Sharon,
                        Thank you for reaching out and providing us with the opportunity to address your concerns.
                        We have sent you a private message regarding this matter, please take a look when you get a chance. Thank you. ^VS

Santander Consumer USAHigh interest rates, ripoffs, mandatory service contract

I received a loan through Santander Consumer USA on December 26, 2019. They are charging me a 22.18% interest rate. They did not tell me the interest rate would go up each day. Only $.02 cents is going towards payment. On top of that, I have a mandatory service contract. This place is a total ripoff, STAY AWAY FROM THEM. If I had known about this company myself, I would say NO WAY.

Santander Consumer USAAuto loan fees and interest charges

I had an auto loan with santander. My interest was 27%. After three years of making payments on a 5 year loan my son was in an no fault accident. The insurance company declared it a total loss. Even though the vehicle could have been fixed or even parted out. We still owed santander. After contacting them about the possibility of keeping the vehicle they told us no. They had somebody come tow the vehicle without leaving any paperwork. Then they tried to tell us our payoff was more than we bought the vehicle for. I also believe that they sold the vehicle at auction but never credited any money to our balance for the sell. They are a rip off charging ridiculous fees and interest. You will never get your vehicle paid off with them.

Sarah,
                            Thank you for reaching out, and giving us an opportunity to address your concerns.
                            We have sent you a private message, please take a look when you get a chance. Thank you. ^VS

Sep 29, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — Repossessed my car after court ruling

After CT superior court ruling, (5/19/2020) Santander reached out to me to settle my debt with...

Sep 21, 2020

Santander Consumer USA — Rip off scam artist

My ex-husband and I purchased a vehicle through Santander Consumer USA in 2010. He wanted his vehicle so bad...

Santander Consumer USAlitigation lawsuit

my complaint is that i live in NC and Iam apart of the Litigation lawsuit they are being suid for and I have disputed them and with Transunion credit report they have removed them from my credit file but with Equifax and Experian Santander is trying to be difficuilt and not budge I would like for them to removed my account from Equifax and Experian like they have done with transunion

• Santander Consumer USA's response · Sep 24, 2020

Renee,
                              We have sent you a private message regarding this matter. Please, take a look at your messages when you get a chance. Thank you. ^VS

Santander Consumer USARefund

The company is just a complete scam!! I canceled my Gap insurance 1 year after I purchased a vehicle, and went with another company who had better rates. Santander received a credit statement and had to write me a check or issue a statement credit, but they just stole $500 from me, making me pay interest on them for another 3 years. When my car was paid off, they sent me a $27 check for unused Gap. All my attempts to prove that it was canceled in 2017 failed, they even ignored a letter from my Gap company confirming the cancelation.

• Santander Consumer USA's response · Sep 24, 2020