Santander Consumer USA Logo

Santander Consumer USA

Having problems with Santander Consumer USA?

Santander Consumer USA reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 9, 2008. The latest review Auto loan was posted on Jul 17, 2021. The latest complaint Auto deal finance and restructuring was resolved on Nov 03, 2020. Santander Consumer USA has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 656 reviews. Santander Consumer USA has resolved 211 complaints.

Santander Consumer USA Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Sat7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Santander Consumer USA Customer Service. Initial Santander Consumer USA complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Santander Consumer USA above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Santander Consumer USA. Discuss the issues you have had with Santander Consumer USA and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Santander Consumer USA Complaints & Reviews

Santander Consumer USAAuto loan

This predatory "lender" sold off my "unpaid" balance after they didn't enact the insurance policy they force people to pay for that will pay them the upside-down balance if you default (which I didn't) OR your vehicle is in an accident (mine was, was totaled). They therfore continue to randomly post back to my credit records an "update", when they don't even own the debt amount anymore and are trying to ruin credit history for me. So that the 7yr clock is constantly reset. Because it's actually already expired. These 34 states that sued them for other deceptive practices should have removed their license to practice business in the states, not simple fines but get to keep "lending". More AG incompetence and derelict of duties.

Santander Consumer USAVehicle loan

I took out a loan on a vehicle causing just over $8K, made a $5K down payment and wanted to build my credit by financing the $3K. However, three (3) years after purchase I still have a payoff over $1800, and several months over the last year I have been making nearly double payments. I have several notices on my credit that I am 180 days late when I am not. There are miscellaneous charges on my account that can't be explained by a representative when I speak with the customer service department. 3 years to pay back $3K with more than minimum payments and still owe over 2/3's the amount of initial loan is ridiculous. I want to join the class action law suit.

Jun 30, 2021

Santander Consumer USA — Pay off for loan

On 6/28/21 I called Santander to get a payoff for my line of credit and to give them my banking information...

Jun 20, 2021

Santander Consumer USA — Auto loans

I have finally finished paying off Santandar Auto Loans. However, I thought that my principal was paid off at...

Santander Consumer USAHave been sending missed payments from jan up to now june 2021.

This company has been sending missed payments from jan up to now june 2021 for a car that I finished paying for. That is the worse company ever. No one knows what they're doing over there. They hired a whole bunch of unqualified workers all over the world so they can pay them 10 c per hour to do the jobs. No wonder why santander usa ranks so low. I finished paying my loan a while ago, they're still sending missed payments for months to the credit bureaus, when I contacted them, my customer service agent was talking to me from the caribbean, transferred me to another supervisor in the caribbean as well, they had no clue what I needed. I was told to contact another department. That's how low they are.
      Santander usa needs to contact all credit bureaus asap and remove all those negative things on my report. You have couple days to do that. Whole bunch of thieves.
      Worst company to get a loan from. People should stay away from this company.

Santander Consumer USACar loan

I was part of the class action Law Suit where I was default on my care the year of 2019. Then in march of 2020 I was caught up fell behind again and aug 25th 2020 they came and reposed my are I missed my 3rd payment as of [protected]. I had spoken by phone to them about me being part of the lawsuit and they would just hang up if I was unable to pay this was all during covid as well. Can some one please help and see what I am entitled to I pay over $30, 000 on my car a 2015 Chevy equinox and they called me after it was reprocessed asking if they auction it off I could pay what they didnt get and if they got more than what was owed I would get a refund. Then they tried to file against my insurance for a claim of damages after they took the car. Can someone please contact me Rhonda H Bennett [protected]. my last 4 of my acct# 0846

Jun 10, 2021

Santander Consumer USA — Car loan

I purchased a car and it went trough Santander. While at the dealership I spoke to Santander on the phone...

May 22, 2021

Santander Consumer USA — Disputed recurring unauthorized amounts... Allowed again and reported as unknown.

Account holder only non interest checking USA for 3+ yrs. Never any issues worth repeating. 2p21 exploded and...

Santander Consumer USAQuestionable

My husband received a bill from a debt collector with Santander as the original creditor. It says it was for an auto loan. We have no auto loans. We have never had a loan through Santander or Citi. The original account number on this paper reads [protected]. I need to figure out what it is that you are trying to collect for over $22, 000. I want all documentation. We do not have any auto loans.

Questionable

May 12, 2021

Santander Consumer USA — My auto subprime loan, risc, harassment and violation of rights

I thought I could afford this car, bills and kids. Well in a normal loan I could have. As anyone who may be a...

Santander Consumer USAPlease add account 2566292 to Santander consumer class action suit

I was given a subprime loan that charged a high interest rate, likely to end in default. This car was totaled in an accident in 2018, also my family has experience two deaths and job loss since 2018 and are unable to pay the remainder of this loan.

Please forgive the remainder of this loan

Please add account 2566292 to Santander consumer class action suit

May 03, 2021

Santander Consumer USA — Charge off and fraudulent loan

Santander was involved in a class action lawsuit which was settled this year 2021 and my loan was actually...

Santander Consumer USALoan forgiveness

I purchased a 2015 dodge back in 2019 in which was financed through santander consumer usa which started having a variety problems right away. After having it for a year and doing all types of maintenance on it I decided to trade the car in in 2020 for a 2019 dodge which also was financed by santander consumer usa. My 2015 model trade in value totaled up to 13000+ and my new car was worth 28000. I also put a down payment down for my new vehicle. Later I realize that with santander instead on my trade in value being added on to my new loan it never was. The total payout for my 2019 model loan instead of it being cut in half with the trade in value of my 2015 model, it sits at over 35, 000

Santander Consumer USAAuto loan

Predatory lending. I have a high interest loan that I have made payments on for three years. I have racked up close to $20,000 worth of payments that went to interest. This company is ripping people off and can't ever explain why the principal balance does not decrease. It's sad, but, this situation leaves a lot of people drowning. I never missed a payment but, was told I did so.

Apr 23, 2021

Santander Consumer USA — Damaged my credit scores

On March 27th, 2015 I started my car loan with Santander, Each 27th of a month I was charged 287.93$ for my...

Santander BankAccount issue and unreasonable bank fees

Due to the bank requirement for setting up an online account for funds transfers overseas in December 2019, I was instructed by the bank to pay the Initial Processing Fee worth of USD5, 250, then Activation Fee worth of USD 3,970, my account is been inactive until now. They even further asked me to pay a higher of USD 17,850 for swift fees, PND was being imposed on my account since then. It is an unusual practice for such International Bank to request its customer to keep paying fees and can't get access to any of their bank services. The website (https://santdronline.com/en/) was even being shut down since 9 April 2021. I sent emails through ([protected]@santdronline.com) on 26 January and 13 April 2021 respectively but no feedback at all. I am so worried about
                  the safety of my account, and they should take my account issues seriously in a proper manner.

Santander Consumer USARipoff

My interest rate is 22.18%. When I make a payment, it all goes towards interest, not the principal. Do you know how long that will be before it's paid off. My husband said he would be dead before it's paid off. Stay far away from these people. My set payment is $385.00 and every month they want me to pay different amount. They said my loan did not qualify for the settlement. Why not, my interest rate is very high, I got the vehicle in the time frame and income has changed. There is no excuse for this.

Santander Consumer USANot happy with the service

I purchased a vehicle in 2006 and paid it off. I still have them reporting all the way from 2012 that I owe on the vehicle and it has affected my credit in many ways. I want it removed and updated and I want compensation for the damage they have done. This is unfair and something should be done about how they railroad their consumers in this unethical way.

Santander Consumer USAUnable to make payment

Got my car loan with Santander back in 2018, my car was only 7999 after taxes and fees it came to 9999, I have been making my payments and as of 4/1/2021. Santander still says I owe them 8899, and I tried making a payment online and was unable to, so I call Santander to make a payment over the phone and was unable to. So I call back to speak to someone and they acted as if they didn't know what was going on. I was told to call back and ask for a manager.

Santander Consumer USAPredatory lending practices/repossession

I purchased a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder from Stevenson Hendrix in July 2019 and the loan was through Santander. I asked a representative from Santander if I could pay in full after about 3 months after the purchase. I was told that was not allowed and could pay $2, 000 a month instead. I authorized a payment to come u of my bank account for $2, 000. They took that and also took out over $700 in another transaction that same day that I did not authorize. When Covid hit I lost my job. I needed help. They offered help but also increased my interest rate. I've paid more than what what the car was priced at already. Last night 3/21/2021 my car was repossessed after I was told by a Santander representative that it would they would allow me time to get my taxes back if I could pay the past due amount plus more. I need my car back!!! I want them to lower the interest and refinance the loan. Please