Katapult (formerly Zibby) company logo
Katapult (formerly Zibby)
reviews & complaints
Katapult (formerly Zibby)
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

48 complaints
36 resolved 12 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Katapult (formerly Zibby) customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) Go to website

Katapult (formerly Zibby) reviews & complaints

Katapult (formerly Zibby) complaints 48

J

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Locked out of account without notice

My first lease went okay, then after I tried an additional lease, my account was locked, I cannot log in, and am still expected to make payments? Support tells me absolutely nothing about why I can't log in, just that I am unable to. They want me to put money into a black box and just 'trust' that it's going to the right place at the right time. Furthermore, I have to go through the labyrinth of automated chat prompts to access any info regarding my account. I will never use this service again and will instruct all those considering it to avoid at all costs.

Desired outcome: Restored Access to my account

C
Dec 27, 2021

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Stealing money

Unauthorized payments taken out December 2021 that is stealing! This company loves to take your money without you knowing and without your consent . Within 5 days they charged me 2 times after already taking some a week before that . This company needs to be brought to a halt and sued for all they own with their fraudulent practices! Stealing is against the law.

Desired outcome: Send my money back or I will sue for all your money

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Ridiculous Phone calls --harassing at that

I have an account with Katapult and honestly everything was great. Now, I made an honest mistake and underpaid by 50 cents and didn't realize it. You know, simple math error with alot going on in my life at this time.

Yesterday--they called me 6 times. I didn't pick up till the 6th call because Im at work of course. Fine--I of course was like oh okay, I'll pay that 50 cents with my payment on Friday of course. I didn't try it. I did mention the amount of phone calls are ridiculous.

You could try leaving a voicemail guys.

But it doesn't end there. Now they have called me twice today and when I answered, I was told they will keep calling me over this .50 cents until I pay.

I already promised to pay when I get paid again this week. I get I owe you money on my account but this is ridiculous. You shouldn't contiounously call someone after they agree to pay on something and again--.50 cents.

Im going to pay it. I love my products from Wayfair and I am very disheartened by my phone being blown up over a simple mistake.

Desired outcome: Maybe change your practices. If someone promises to pay--give them a chance. Especially when they have never been late.

F

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Cellphone

I payed off account I had with this company in 2019. Two years later I am receiving phone calls from a creditor stating they are adding this account to my credit for and outstanding balance. When I tell creditor the account was paid off the referred me back to zibby . When I contact Zibby they stated the could not do anything since account was already sold to a 3rd party. So now I will have this hitting my credit for something that was paid off.

Desired outcome: Removal from my credit report.

S
Nov 01, 2021

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - scheduling a payoff

Hello,

I'm very disappointed in my conversations with your representatives. Online the chat was abruptly ended and during a phone call I was hung up on. If these conversations were truly recorded, you can hear that I was not rude or asking for unreasonable requests.

These economic times have been very devastating to America's economy and to the incomes of families around the world. I am simply asking to actually schedule a total payoff of both my open accounts for this month and for one next month. I have made all my regular payments up to this point and want to honor my agreements but your staff has made that a horrible experience for me.

I am a social worker who lost her job at a corrections facility due to covid when it first started spreading. I went back to nursing in a state facility because covid has been devastating to our elderly and to the staffing of all nursing facilities. There are times I am not allowed to work if I have any signs of being sick which applies to all nursing staff. After those times I work 16 hour shifts to make up the difference in pay to ensure my bills are being paid.

Now, many of the residents I am part of caring for have passed away. There is little need to have the majority of staff working so many extra hours. I am lucky to work an extra 8 hours in a 2 week pay period. With this being said, I understand there are specific guidelines your staff are supposed to follow but I'm pretty sure being rude to customers at any time, is not part of them.

I will payoff the balances of both of my account like I am asking to do but it will be by mailing a check to you, if you will so kindly provide me with a mailing address?

I will mail the payoff balance of account 7421101 on November 19th, 2021 and the balance of account 8154669 on December 17th, 2021.

I'm sorry for the troubles and I will not try to use your services again.

Mary F Shupp

Desired outcome: Be allowed to pay off my accounts

V
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Problems with payment schedules overdrafting my accounts.

I have had my purchase for about 3 months and at first katapult began wrong. It would try and take their payment out too soon and so I switched it to my checking to be sure the funds were available and they took several payments at once more than once and have been changing the times they take their payments every week so now my account's overdrawn

Desired outcome: I want my account fixed and I want them to pay for the fees since they caused all this.

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Purchase between wayfair and Katapult. Being charged by katapult but Way fair says they have no record of purchase

I placed an order on way air katapult charged me and Way fair they show no order. katapult says call wayfair and do 3 way all with both on line. Way fair says hold time is too long call katapult and have them handle it. Called katapult after an hour of discussion they say they will credit my account but because we did. It do the 3 way call to cancel it will take 72 hours. Had enough credit to do order again with the way they said d same.e thing happened next day now I have a bill katapult for 2grand and still nothing from wayfair

Desired outcome: Credit back on my account and my furniture by 5 days it should of been here by which is Tuesday9/14

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Not allowing me access to purchase records

I have been contacted by a collection agency for a lease that was paid in full in August of 2020. Katapult is now refusing me access to my past purchases as I know it's been paid off so I want to obtain proof. They are denying me proof of my purchase records. Thankfully I took a screenshot less than a month ago when I still had access. But now they are denying me. No matter who I talk to. HORRIBLE COMPANY! I've already contacted a lawyer.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Payoff offer

Received an email in regards to a limited payoff offer to own my things for $75.00 on 7/7/2021, which I paid and received an email of confirmation the very same day. The email did not specify anything other than a payoff offer. Received a call yesterday to make a payment for $85. Phone disconnected and today I was sent to collections. Turned off automatic payments as I've lost my job last Summer. Last week I had a suspended account balance of $140 that they didn't use to pay for the remaining, as I was told that's what it's for when making on-time payments. The same amount of money in the suspended account balance is what I now owe to collections. Was told that they no longer handle the lease and that they have no information in regards to anything.

Jul 23, 2021

Why would I speak to you? I requested to speak with a supervisor multiple times on the phone and was told that you no longer have any information on my lease and that you couldn’t help me with anything and directed me to the collection agency.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Predatory lending

I used Katapult through wayfair and was told NO INTEREST as they even had advertised on their page as early as 2/2021. I have since created a log in to see my last payment total only to be surprised that I still owe DOUBLE the price of purchase and saw a contract I have never seen nor signed! I would like this account closed and shown as paid! Even the first payment was advertised as a down payment and on the "contract" it is shown as a processing fee.

Desired outcome: Items have been paid in full. I would like this account closed.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Early buyout not honored

Tried to take advantage of the early buyout offer that I paid. They still charged me another payment on top of the buyout offer. Special Services keeps disregarding the offer and giving me the run around. Don't offer something you don't honor.

Desired outcome: Honor what you send to customers

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Customer Account Payment not posted

My bank SECU of NC sent a cashiers payment to Katapult on June 1, 20201, and they still have not received or posted the payment on 6-16-21. I have sent the cashiers check receipt to the email address 4 times and no one from Katapult has responded. I paid the account off in full . The casheirs check was for $359.44 dated 6-1-21 check # 017557 written to Katapult Group Inc. sent to 27 W 24th St Suite 1101, New York, NY 10010. I have never had any issues with Katapult until now. I have spoke to numerous people in your customer service department and most of I can barely understand what they are saying and they dont have any clue of how to resolve my issue with the payment. I have called 10 times and they always state a manager will be returning my call and I have NEVER go a call or an email response regarding this urgent matter. The cusotmer service department puts me on hold for 10-20 mins and then come back and advises that someone will call me back. This is absolutly rediculous. I am currently on the phone with Issaih and have been on hold for 23 mins. This is very unprofessional. I need someone to call me ASAP, Thanks Michelle Morand - [protected]- SS#3502

Desired outcome: Immediate Response

B

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - website

when i try to log in i wait 5 minute for my code and everything and once im in it just sits on a blank white screen that says live chat in the bottom corner. how am i supposed to check my balances owed and spending limits, etc if i cant even veiw my account at all? Please fix this its ridicoulus a lending company doesnt even have a working website.

K
Jun 10, 2021
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Fraudulant practices...misuse of funds...criminal theft

On February 17th, I made a payment of $500 (in addition to my regular payments of $44.33 per week) in order to pay the bulk of my contract (inception 10-13-2020) off. I intentionally left a small balance on there so that, once my regular payment processed on 2-18, I would know exactly how much I still needed to pay to fulfill my end (should have been $23.39, plus some interest). On [protected], I pulled up my account to verify how much was still owed (and check that both of the previous week's payments had been posted), only to find that they placed my $500 payment into a "suspense account" (which was NOT where it was supposed to be). Immediately called them, and was told that the payment WAS applied in full, and that AFTER that, I still owed an additional $523.39. They then informed me that they would still be debiting my bank for the normal payment that was to come out on [protected].

I IMMEDIATELY contacted my bank and cancelled my debit card (the card Katapult had on file), and ordered a new one...and did NOT give the new card numbers to Katapult. On [protected], since they could no longer debit my account...they pulled the payment from the SUSPENSE ACCOUNT. Yeah, the money they swore had ALREADY been applied to my account. So...I started taking screen shots of my account EVERY WEEK, and from 2-25 through 4-29, they took a payment every single week FROM THAT SAME SUSPENSE ACCOUNT. They depleted the account completely...I wasn't going to give them a single extra dime when it was patently obvious they LIED about having applied that payment (sorry, but you CAN NOT spend the same money TWICE).

Now Katapult "claims" I'm behind on payments to the tune of $297.94 (as of today). Ironically, if you count the weeks between 2-23 to today, that's 17 weeks. 17 x $44.33 equals $797.94. More proof that they used that money to make the payments instead of applying the entire amount in one lump sum as requested! Yet...when I called back in to them yesterday (multiple calls, because they kept conveniently "hanging up" on me when I demanded to speak to a supervisor), they STILL CLAIM THAT THE $500 PAYMENT WAS APPLIED IN FULL WHEN IT WAS MADE...which clearly is a LIE.

Katapult, as a company, is a PREDATORY LENDER, and will FORCE customers to pay additional money in any manner they can. They will LIE, STEAL, CHEAT and DEFRAUD! AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAGUE, FOLKS!

Desired outcome: I want my account CORRECTED. Allow me to pay that $23.39 (no fees or interest...at this point, they certainly deserve NONE), and close the account completely.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Financing

They 100% lied to me. My order was delayed and since I placed the order in the last few days of January but wouldn't receive my items until much later I was prepared to cancel the order and place it again in February so my 90 days would be correct and I wouldn't be paying for something I didn't even have. I called and chatted with them multiple times about this and was finally told that if Wayfair would call them to confirm that I hadn't received the items then they would change the contract to start it in February when I actually received the items but that I should absolutely not cancel the order. I called Wayfair and did a 3 way call to Katapult. They confirmed what I said and eventually got it all worked out. At the end of the call with both of them still on the line I specifically asked about the 90 day being changed to May and the contract being changed to reflect the new date and Katapult told me that they would be doing all of that. When I received the items I called Katapult and confirmed that information again and was told again that they would change the contract information including the 90 day time to May. Yesterday I went to pay off the full amount within the 90 day period only to see that they want over $1, 000 more. I called Katapult and was told it couldn't be changed and they offered me a discount of an additional $800 to pay it off instead of over 1, 000. I can't afford that. We're in a pandemic! I planned to have this paid off the first week of March with my tax refund since I filed on the first day 2/12/21. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic the IRS just processed my return and I received my refund yesterday. I let Katapult know about this but they didn't care at all. I looked at the BBB only to find a ton of complaints that are similar in that Katapult lied to them. This seems to be an extremely common practice for them. I wouldn't reccomend them to my worst enemy. I also filed with the BBB.

Desired outcome: My contract paid in full with everything I have already paid showing a 0 balance.

M

Dont call Katapult because the customer service perople are in another country and they dont know anything. I have called them 10 times about a payoff casheirs check i sent 6-1-21 and I have been waiting on a manager to call me back and no call and they haven't posted the check. I started calling 6-2-21 and today is 6-16-21. I sent a payment to payoff account on 6-1-21 and no one on the customer service team can help me. I sent 4 emails and the automatic response email stated they would contact me in 24-48 hours and I still haven;t got a response. Everytime I call I am on the phone (on hold) for more than 30 mins each time. Still hasn't been resolved. I tried to reach the corporate office in NY and the phone# goes to customer service in another country. I will filing a compliant with BBB.

L
May 15, 2021

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Wayfair

I ordered items from wayfair and used katapult. They only have the good reviews on their page but not the real horrible ones that everyone has posted. Wish I would've known this was a scam company before I did business with them. I kept getting locked out my account but the rep was able to log into my account then told me my social was incorrect that's why I couldn't get in. But how did she log into my account then when I gave her the same information I was putting in. Then after 1 day of a non payment they sent me to collections like wow for a company with no late fee. I contacted Wayfair because I don't want to do business with Katapult but can't break the lease so I will be sending my stuff back.

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Nikon D5600

On April 19th 2021 I purchase a Nikon 5600 camera from Abes of Maine. They had it price at 599.00 and it was in stock. At checkout I was directed to Katapult for financing. I was approved and paid...

A
Apr 22, 2021

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Leasing computer

Y'all made the financing charges the same amount as the item bought. Then, if I miss one singular payment which has to be made once a week, y'all harass. How many calls have I received just today you ask? 3! It's only 1pm! And I was left a long, inaudible voicemail! I received 5 calls yesterday and 5 calls the day before! It's ridiculous!

Desired outcome: No more phone calls. Already paying too much!

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Financing approval

Went to PC Richard to look at a Traeger Grill. Got preapproved by Katapult for $750. However, because of unfavorable shipping and lack of professional assembly, I decided to wait. Got e-mails from Katapult advising that my approval is still there and list of sites I can also use at. Wayfair had same grill, with lower shipping and a professional assembly option. Went to checkout, was only offered a different financing option and my Katapult didn't pop up as I was told it should have. Contacted Katapult and told I was now declined, for fraud/too many attempts or something like that. Declined on the first attempt after getting the most recent email I got indicating Wayfair. So, if it's too many attempts, then, they should have told me that before and their Web site portal/dashboard should not show me as approved. Furthermore, at this point, by law, Katapult should be sending me adverse action information, which they are not doing. I was only told to try again in 30 days, but that's not right either. I already am approved and they keep emailing as such. Next e-mail I get I will flag as spam. They are operating with unfair, unethical and illegal business practices.

Desired outcome: Letting me use my approval at Wayfair

J

Katapult (formerly Zibby) - Payment Does Not Reflect on my Account

I paid the full amount of the lease buyout on 3/5/2021 using my checking account. There was no reference number given or even a pending payment shown on my Account via the customer portal. I contacted them immediately via their live chat and was told it would take 7-10 days to reflect on my account and was given a reference number. I then contacted Katapult the following Monday 3/8/2021 as the money was debited from my account for the full buyout. The rep on the live chat then said there was no record of my payment. Frustrated I ended that chat and started a new one to which the rep then said I needed to send a copy of my bank statement to their Special Services reps. I did this immediately and received a message back saying the payment has not posted yet on their end and again said it'll be 7-10 days after submitting the payment. Now it's 3/17/2021 and still there is no reflections of this payment on my account and all I'm being told by reps is that it's still in transit. How is it in transit if the money has already been withdrawn from my account? Does this company not know how banking works? Because clearly something is not right in their finance department if it takes 7-10 days to show that I made a payment that has already been debited from my account.

Desired outcome: I would to have my account to reflect I paid off the lease.

1 2 3