Katapult (formerly Zibby) Logo

Katapult (formerly Zibby)

Having problems with Katapult (formerly Zibby)?

Katapult (formerly Zibby) Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Sun10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Katapult (formerly Zibby) Customer Service. Initial Katapult (formerly Zibby) complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Katapult (formerly Zibby) above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Katapult (formerly Zibby). Discuss the issues you have had with Katapult (formerly Zibby) and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Katapult (formerly Zibby)payment issues

I cannot change payment information. An agent assured me it would be taken care of and was not. Payments got behind. When I can log in (which is not often because the website locks up) it does not allow me to change it there, either. I have been trying for over a month to get this done.
They also keep charging an old account I used 1 time to make a payment and are taking double yet not crediting me for it right away. They will not save my payment information to assure payments are made from my correct account.

Hello Kim,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. We are very appreciative for you taking the time to express your feedback with us. Our customer care will be more than welcome to assist you in updating your payment information correctly. Please contact us today at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) to speak with a live agent.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and we value you as a customer to Katapult.

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Finance

I've been trying to pay my bill for a week now and they say all my cards are declined which is total BS. It seems like they are trying to make sure I can't pay my bill on time and am forced to pay interest and fees. This company is not very organized or reputable. If you try to call them you get passed around from person to person or the annoying answering service. Do yourself a favor and don't do business with this company

Hello David,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. Thank you for contacting Katapult. We appreciate your feedback. Katapult is here to assist with your concerns, answer your questions and resolve this matter. If you are in need of additional assistance, please contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com to speak with a live agent.

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Refund not credited to my account, 65% increase in lease rate that I was not informed of.

I received a refund for $80 from wayfair that was to be credited to my katapult account. It is not reflected anyway and they are acting like they cannot get into contact with wayfair to correct this.

I am also being charged a 65% interest rate after never agreeing to that or being notified of it. I will only be paying what I owe or nothing I am so furious about this scam. Cannot believe wayfair is associating with this company.

They say I can access my agreement but there is nothing but an error message.

Hello Stella,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. We are very appreciative of the feedback that you have provided to us. The proper steps have been taken to assist you with this matter. We are very sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for being patient during this process.

Katapult is here to assist with your concerns, answer your questions and resolve this matter. If you are in need of additional assistance, please contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com to speak with a live agent."

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Unethical behavior

From day one of purchasing a couch through Katapult I was unable to see my contract, they said they would email it to me multiple times and never did until after the 90 days which would double the cost of my initial purchase. I also couldn't access or change my card to pay off the full amount before the 90 days, this is a complete scam and they act like they have no information on past conversations. I have paid 9/26 ($590+) payments on time as of today and they are still trying to make me pay another $1, 022.72 on a $700 purchase this is incredibly misleading and manipulative. I have attached a screenshot of the same chat I have had multiple times that refers me to call a number which never gets anything more resolved and nobody can seem to give me accurate information or accept an address change.

• Katapult (formerly Zibby)'s response · Dec 24, 2020

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. We sincerely apologize for the delay in our response to your review. We definitely would like to partner with you, and assist you further with this matter. We have attempted to contact you, and was not able to connect. Please contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) to speak with a live agent.

We are very appreciative of the feedback that you have provided. Thank you for partnering with Katapult to finance your items. We value you as a customer.

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Auto pay

I canceled my auto pay after the first 2 payments. I canceled it September 2020. In October 2020 I receive a text reminding me of my auto paybdate. I contact Katapult and the agent says, "the auto pay is canceled but you will still get that reminder but you have to remember to make your payments for the agreement". 9 days later Katapult withdraws funds from my account. When I reach the agent says the auto pay is canceled but Katapult deducts payments if not made on the due date. That makes no since whatsoever.

Hello Antionette,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. We thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. When a customer disables the Automatic Payment Feature, the customer will have to make payments online through the customer portal or by contacting our customer care. If the customer is not able to make their payment on their due date, we do advise for the customer to contact in and set up a secured payment arrangement. If a secured payment arrangement is not in place, collection attempts will occur to bring the lease current. How our Automatic Payment Feature operates can be located in the customer's agreed contract. Antionette, we sincerely apologize if our policy has cause any inconvenience to you. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com.

• Am
              Amylynn02 Oct 23, 2020

Omg that is crazy franklin messed my account up out me on a payment schedule I went to check my account and it said that I owe $445 so I contacted them by chat she said that I owe $205 but I only owe $65 he made me 3 payments of $100 and 1 of $65 to get it paid off on the oct 26. Well now I'm told by Luz that I owe $205 and they are sorry that I was misinformed which I was not misinformed I have an agreement with them payments so now they are telling me that I need to pay the $200 by the oct 26 or it will increase. I think they are doing this in purpose to get more money.

• Am
              Amylynn02 Oct 23, 2020

@Amylynn02 FRANKLYN

Thank you for the confirmation, Do you authorize Katapult to schedule payments from your card ending in 5900 on the following dates 10/09/2020, 10/16/2020 and 10/23/2020 in the amounts of $100.00?

Yes. I will not have to pay the total contract payment correct

Thank you. Do you authorize Katapult to schedule payment from your card ending in 5900 on the following date 10/26/2020 in the amount of $65.427

+ Your message

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Inflated lease

I had a lease I was 80% paid off was offered an early payout I took the offer a few days later I revied my account to see the payoff instead of payoff I saw more payments I sent several emails to customer service got no reply I tried live chat never works and after paying off 99% of my lease they now have canceled my credit line please please don't get scammed by this leasing company run run!! The offer is too good to be true I most of these reviews you will read are from workers don't be fooled I have no problem speaking with anyone who is thinking about using these people don't do it you will regret it!! I have all of my lease docs and payment history as proof of what I a telling you

Hello Delloyd,

Thank you for contacting Katapult.

We are very appreciative that you took the time to express your review with us. We have taken the proper steps to assist you in this matter, and also have emailed you the update that took place. If any inconvenience may have been caused while we were resolving this issue for you, we sincerely do apologize to you Delloyd. Thank you for financing through Katapult, and we hope in the future there is a change of heart in financing through us again. If you have any additional concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com.

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Katapult lease

Katapult has scammed me and others. To being their legal documents are unclear and do not state the terms appropriately. I read fully the leasing terms before accepting and now I owe double the amount paid for the product - originally $1, 174. Furthermore, their customer service is unbelievably rude and incompetent, they dance around the questions without actually answering them. Subsequently, they are unwilling to work with their customers, although they state to be 'transparent, flexible and fair.'

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. Thank you Danielle for expressing your spectrum of feedback with us. Our customer care is here to answer any questions you have regarding your lease or your contract Danielle. We provide the 90 Day Option, for our members to have the opportunity to complete the lease at the discounted rate. Once the 90 days have concluded, the lease will start to honor the agreed contract. The customer will then be required to complete the full lease total amount. The information provided can be located in the customer's contract in Section 5 page 2. We sincerely apologize if our policy may have caused any inconvenience to you Danielle. We understand the frustration and we hope that there is a change of heart in the future on utilizing our services. If you have any additional concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com.

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Nectar mattress

I bought a Nectar mattress. I agreed to a lease with Katapult, and I agreed to pay $800. I have paid roughly $550 towards the $800 for the mattress every two weeks. Now Katapult is saying I owe another $807, when I have already paid $550. Apparently, after 90 days, my interest rate increased to 65%. They said I "agreed" to a 65% interest rate when I would have NEVER agreed to that. That is ridiculous. I am not paying $1, 700 for your $800 mattress. You can have your mattress back.

Hello Jordan,

Thank you for contacting Katapult.

When a lease is initiated, the customer can immediately take advantage of the 90 Day Option. We do advise for the customer if this option is taken advantage of, to make additional payments on top of the payments that are automatically debiting. Once the 90 days has expired, the lease will start to the honor the agreed contract. This information can be located in the contract on page 2 and section 5. We apologize for any confusion that may have been caused to you Jordan, and we are glad that we were able to assist you in purchasing the desired merchandise. If you have any additional concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com.

• Br
                    Bryce Lafitte Oct 08, 2020

So what was the outcome? I'm in the exact same situation. Nectar mattress and katapult financing. I didn't realize that I was paying double for the mattress and platform. I get they did a "favor" by loaning the money but I feel a little deceived. Let me know what you ended up doing. I thought about stopping payment.

• Bu
                    Buck Buchanan Oct 22, 2020

@Bryce Lafitte Hello Bryce,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. Bryce, we are very appreciative that you decided to share your feedback with us. Katapult offers the 90 Day Option to complete the lease at the discounted rate. We do advise to take advantage of this option, additional payments will have to be completed. Once the 90 days have concluded, the lease will start to honor the agreed contract. When purchasing through Katapult before the $45.00 payment is made, the customer has the opportunity to review the contract before initiating the lease. We also send out a copy of the agreed contract via email. Bryce, if you have any additional questions regarding your lease or the contract, please do not hesitate to contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785). We can also be contacted through via chat at www.katapult.com.

Katapult (formerly Zibby)$1900 laptop/accessory + 2400 rental fee = $4300 worst purchase!

You are strapped for cash and need something right away. Katapult at first glance looks like a great idea to "finance" such an important purchase. In the moment you just sign off on things overlooking all the fine prints. Maybe you know what you are getting into and already plan to pay this off within 3 months. Pandemic hits. Furloughs become the norm. Even outright job loss. That "payoff in 3 months" backfires. Don't get me wrong, I love my purchase. This laptop kept me employed a bit longer. But it's a $1900 purchase that will cost over $4300 with taxes because there is an additional 2400 RENTAL FEE! Katapult is a very bad idea during these times. Great concept but execution is highway robbery!!!

Hello Customer,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. We are thankful for you sharing your spectrum of feedback with us. We understand that this pandemic has affected a numerous amount of our members. We have put in place a Hardship Program to assist our customers. Katapult's customer care is here to set up our members who have been affected at any time.

We offer the 90 Day Same As Cash Option for customers to have the opportunity to close out the lease at the discounted rate. Once the 90 days have expired, the lease will start to honor the agreed contract. If you need any assistance from us or if you have been affected by the pandemic, please contact us today at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com.

Jun 10, 2020

Katapult (formerly Zibby) — Beware omg beware!

Beware omg beware! We received an $1800 credit from katapult, wanted to use it for a new mattress. It all...

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Non-stop calls

I have an account through Zibby/Katapult that had a single missed payment, but they are constantly harassing me by calling my cell phone between 6 to 20 times a day!! How is this even legal? Isn't this considered harassment/unfair collection practices? They have continued to receive regular payments, but I have not managed to catch up the single payment that was missed. They are still being paid regularly, and should not be calling me literally a hundred times a week.

Hello Teresa,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. Teresa, we will be able to remove you from our automated system so that you will not receive notifications or phone calls from Katapult. We do advise for future references, when a payment can not be paid to please contact us immediately. We will be able to set up a secure payment arrangement, so that collection attempts and calls will not occur. We sincerely do apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you Teresa. Please, contact us today at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) to speak with a live agent to remove you from our automated system.

May 23, 2020

Katapult (formerly Zibby) — Payment process and customer service communication or lack thereof

Had a lease and paid off within the 90... Had a lease and paid off within the 90 day period. No problems. 2nd...

Katapult (formerly Zibby)Laptop purchase through zibby 04/03/2019

I purchased a laptop with zibby last year, and the interest rate when not being able to pay within 90 days is horrendous. I will never use your service again as the laptop ended up costing me double, became useless for the central purpose for which i bought it for and broke immediately out of warranty. I feel like a sucker and like a person who got dragged through the mud during my 1 year contract.

I also forgot the time that your company decided to pull funds out of my account without notice or authorization to make up for a late payment, therefore costing me more anyway with bank fees tacked on. If I find a way to take you to court over this I will. Wish i could get some of my wasted money back

Hello Bobby,

Thank you for contacting Katapult. Thank you for contacting us and sharing your review. The 90 Day Option is offered to customers for the opportunity to be taken advantage of, for the lease to be closed at the discounted rate. Once the 90 days have expired, the lease will start to honor the agreed contract. We sincerely do apologize that the lap top broke, and we do advise to contact the retailer to see what options can be offered. Due to Katapult being the financial services, we would not be able to provide additional information. When the incident took place with your lap top and when the lease was active, we would have been able to assist on our side in the most efficient way.

When a lease is reflecting past due and no secure payment arrangement has been set up, the customer is subject to collection attempts to bring the lease current. We do advise to customers, if they are going to be late on their payment to contact us immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you Bobby, and we appreciate you for deciding to finance through Katapult. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at (833)-KATAPULT(528-2785) or online through our chat service at www.katapult.com.

Apr 10, 2020

Katapult (formerly Zibby) — payment form

This company will not accept my bak card because it says it is considered a pre paid card which it is not. I...

Feb 12, 2020

Katapult (formerly Zibby) — my wayfair lease

I called on three separate occasions to have my husbands credit card information removed from the account...

Feb 05, 2020

Zibby / Cognical — fraudulent account

I am currently going through a very fraudulent situation with zibby and would be happy to go to court over...

Dec 27, 2019

Katapult (formerly Zibby) — refused refund

Ordered furniture from Wayfair that Zibby agreed to finance me for. Canceled a few hours later just...

Nov 20, 2019

Zibby / Cognical — zibby leasing

I have a lease agreement with Zibby through Wayfair. I make payments the first of every month. At 8 am, they...

Aug 01, 2019

Zibby / Cognical — zibby lease company

I have called zibby multiple times to tell them everything i bought from wayfair i never received or have...

Zibby / Cognical — unauthorized credit and bank card processing & bad billing

On October 27, 2018 I signed lease with Zibby.com for a new laptop with accessories I wanted from Lenovo. Per...