Qatar Airways / wrong information about baggage allowance
I flew with Qatar on the 30th of May from Perth Australia to Ireland. As I was flying with my baby and my husband I decided to call qatar to check the baggage allowance a day before our flight, because according to our tickets we were allowed to check-in 3 bags 30kg wich. As the website site is not clear enough, I called Qatar AIRWAYS on the 29th of May, and the information I got was the same I had. 3 bags of 30kg plus 11 kg of my baby bag to carry on the plane and 7 kg each.
When we went to check in our bags, the staff got confused about our tickets because according to them, my baby ticket was process like an adult ticket. After 30 minutes waiting they simply decided we had to leave 1 of our bags or we wouldn't be able to fly, I try to explain that I call Qatar one day before and I got confirmation about the information I had.
The bag had my baby clothes and my husband clothes. As we didn't have alternative we left our baggage.Our situation is very hard as the alternative we have is shipping the bag wich would take a while to arrive here, and in that way probably most of my baby's cloths won't fit him anymore.
I would like to know what you can do to fix this problem.I want to aware you that, simple apologies won't fix my problem, so I am requesting a solution for the problem that your company created.
It was the first time I flew with Qatar and so far I am not planning to do it again or even advice anyone to do it.
More Qatar Airways Complaints & Reviews
- Qatar Airways - an awful experience travelling with infant 
- Qatar Airways Group U.K - qatar airways group u. k. 
- Qatar Airways - lost baggage 
- Qatar Airways - cabin crew photos 
- Qatar Airways - I won 800000 pounds 
- Qatar Airways - first class disaster 
- Qatar Airlines - seat booking incompetence and poor customer service 
- Qatar Airways - I haven't got my luggage
- Qatar Airways - no information about delayed flight and unable to attend family function
- Qatar Airways - racist service