Qatar Airways / emotional, physical and financial stress due to unprofessional handling by qatar staff

1 Switzerland Review updated:
Phone: 111111111

Copy of Mail sent to Qatar: websupport@qatarairways.com.qa, zrhinfo@ch.qatarairways.com, websupport@qatarairways.com,

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am Srikumar Mohankumar from Geneva, Switzerland, and a very troubled first time customer of Qatar Airways. I am writing this mail to highlight and ensure action gets taken on the unprofessional handling of my and my spouse's tickets, which has left us stranded in Zurich.

20th Octcober:

Airport closed and Geneva-Munich LH2381 was cancelled due to snow
Waited in line from 7am to 3pm to get re-booked as follows:
18th Dec: Geneva-Doha: QR48
Doha-Chennai: QR276
I was confirmed by the Qatar employee at the counter that the ticket is booked and there is no issue.

18th December:
Arrived at Geneva airport AGAIN @ 8am
I was informed by the check-in qatar employees (one Mr.Daniel) that the ticket has not been booked and that there is no other seat available.
Without showing any courtesy nor any proper response as what I should do next, me and my wife were asked to step out of line and waited until 9.15 am
The employee who 're-booked' the tickets pointed fingers at Lufthansa saying they did not book tickets.
Daniel was very rude mentioning that he cannot book us in any flight until Monday 20th December.
After a lot of talking, Daniel and the other staff re-booked me AGAIN as follows:
18th Dec: Geneva-Zurich: LX2811
Zurich-Dubai: EK86
Dubai-Chennai: EK546
They provided me with a Flight Interruption Manifest saying that this, along with the itinerary will get me my boarding passes at Zurich on flight EK86
I was re-assured by Daniel that the ticket is confirmed and if anything happens to contact the Qatar service desk at Zurich.
The LX2811 to Zurich was cancelled and we were asked to go and AGAIN stand in the long queue to get train tickets for Zurich.
With the tiredness of the previous day's marathon 8.5hr waiting, I booked the train tickets MYSELF and arrived in Zurich at 4pm.

ZURICH: 18th December
The Emirates ticket counter REFUSED to check us in saying that the Qatar staff had not entered the ticket number int he system to confirm our booking on Emirates EK86.
The Qatar service desk was empty (AS USUAL) and the helpline or the Geneva and Zurich offices of Qatar did not pick up any calls (AS USUAL);

However, the very professional and friendly Emirates staff have done a temporary booking for tomorrow 19th Dec EK86; with a clause that the Qatar staff should provide the CORRECT & UPDATED 'Flight Interruption Manifest'

With no place to stay and no support or guidance from any Qatar staff at Zuch airport or the call center, me and my wife booked a hotel at our own expense AGAIN

Tomorrow (19th Dec) morning, If your "professional" staff are at the counter, I expect to get a Proper confirmation of re-booking and the correct Flight Interruption Manifest provided so that me and my wife can go visit our family after a 3 DAY ORDEAL with Qatar Airways: the worlds leading 5 STAR airline...

With the assumption that the management would be professional enough, I hope to receive a response for my mail and appropriate action taken to ensure the ordeal that we have suffered, emotional and physical exertions suffered, financial expenses incurred: all due to the unprofessional, rude and a totally disorganized team of Qatar Airways.

Srikumar Mohankumar

Comments

• Sr
      19th of Dec, 2010

well, miss myway, I will be more than happy to have my money back... you should experience this, when you have other travel plans within your destination country and then commment...