Qatar Airways / I won 800000 pounds

1 Qatar Review updated:

dear taylor:
this karima elmahjoubi i have received a massage from you said that i won 800000 pound
if you wont to contact me in this number [protected] QATAR

hopefully you get back to me very soon.

Comments

• Om
      7th of Nov, 2007

On 07.11.07 i checked in with Qatar airways to fly from Doha to Delhi by QR 232 on 08.1107 dep. Time 00.50 am. Qatar Air ways proclaimed that they have 5 star rating. But the 5 star rated airline dont know what is the ideal time for dinner.
    When i approached to the food court at 9.30 pm of Qatar airways on first stair in Doha International airport I was badly insulated the coupon distributer mr. Jaffar Ishlam as per him this is his mane. He is behave was very bad with the customer. He wanted to show all the people available there that I am begging for food and he also used his Index finger very well towards me. He proclaimed aster taking the biggest of Qatar Airways person's name that even he cant touch him.

The situation was very heartening. I complained the same at transfer desk after five minutes but no action.

22nd of Jul, 2008

My wife is travelling with 9 month old infant alone from India. I called up two weeks ago to assign a seat for the mother in the front row so she can have basinet. According to my request seats 8A (Ahmadabad to Doha) and 16J (Doha to Newark) were assigned.

Since their Indian counter part kept saying they can’t see the seat assignment I called their USA office once again today. To my surprise their representative told me they removed the seat assignment done earlier and told me about the new seat assignment 14A & 19G.

We had similar situation when we went from USA to India. That was the reason I asked for seat assignment well in advance as soon I returned to USA for my wife and kid.

When I asked your customer service rep the reason for denying the seats arranged earlier she said she can’t do anything. I was denied access to her supervisor stating not available in office.

Is this 5 star service ? What sort of airlines cancel seat assignment without any information to us. People please be aware if you are travelling on QATAR airlins.

• Za
      4th of Aug, 2008

this is compiaint in flight no 137 on 19/7 /2008 from kuwait to Doha, I had reservation on J class but we could not find our reservation and we had to go on ecchonomy

on flight 081 20/7/2008 from Doha to Rome my son was in the ecchonomy class, and i was on J class, my son wanted to see me, he was very badly treated by the senior crew of j class inspite i had explained to him that well be for few seconds only

• Ar
      2nd of Oct, 2008

Flying from Tehran to Washington DC, they didn’t let me take my small backpack inside claiming is seems!!! Too heavy, although when we weight it was whiting limited weight. They forced me to leave it to cargo, and there is was lost for one week! After they find it, everything was broken and smashed inside. The name of Qatar Airways agent was Ali and he was Iranian.

• Om
      4th of Jan, 2009

Beware when buying duty free items on-board. I was coming back from Paris on flight number 016 on October 2008. During the flight I bought few items, only to discover a month later that I was over-charged. We’re in January now and I am still waiting and emailing…I was not given a proper bill, just the credit card receipt. When I attempted to correct the problem and get my money back, I’ve been given the run around…Over 5 Emails and multiple phone calls to find out who should I ask for my money back…Then they wanted proof, and without it, there is nothing they can do…They are saying they don’t know what I bought...And of course, they sent me to different department and now I am waiting for the other departments manager to come back so he can see!!! Do they think we are idiots! They don’t have a list of sold items? Basically, Qatar Airways are professionals when it comes to avoid paying back money that they literally and legally stole.

• Tj
      3rd of Apr, 2009

I wanted to share this horrid experience that I had with Qatar airline staff.

My wife and I flew Qatar from IAD to BOM, I am back in the US but my wife needed to postpone her ticket as she is undergoing medical treatment and the doctor had advised her not to travel for a month. I had provided medical certificates to substantiate this to both the US and the India office.

I called up reservations which always takes more than 30 mins and I must add they have a bunch of very rude agents sitting there. I was then transferred to customer service and was told that my ticket is valid only for 3 months which I wasnt aware of and that a change of date would cost me 950$. Nowhere on the ticket or in the terms and conditions did it say that the ticket is valid for 3 months. I was ok with paying for the change in fare of 250$(which was known to me when I bought the ticket) but the 700$ to extend the validity was very unfair and I requested for that to be waived on medical grounds. I was then asked to email the consolidator which I did twice but got no response. I was in a catch 22 situation as CS in the US told me to contact CS in India as the passenger was in India and the CS in India asked me to talk to US office as the ticket was booked here.

I have to say that I am extremely disappointed in Qatar's customer service and the way my request was handled. Having a medical emergency was bad enough but dealing with Qatar was worse.

Worst customer service and policies ever.

• Je
      18th of May, 2009

In April 2009 my son was stranded in Bangkok having has all of his posessions stolen. He has a return ticket and needed to get home for his own safety and welfare. On his ticket Qatar airlines said his first avaialble flight was 16 days later. They instructed him to go into the city to try and get advice on a return ticket and variatin.
    This was in Bangkok on the day there was a state of emergency, rioting and the army on the streets shooting civilians. Quite remarkable advice.
    Needless to say he didn't go, the next day he returned to the airport and was told the next flight was full.. not the class of his ticket but the whole flight was full. To cut a long tary short it was a miracle after paying nearly £600 that a seat became suddenly free.
    Complaing to Qatar is a complete waste of time, they ignore specific questions and cannotjustify there actions. They are a complete joke.
    Action is still ongoing to get compenstaion but be careful when flying.
    I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has sued them through the courts.

• Wo
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I had similar situation at Jeddah Airport, where i went for umrah and was returning. I checked in ok and i had 1 kg extra wt in carry on, person checking me in had no issues, all of a sudden guy name Jamal happen to incharge on floor for weights came and stopped me and wanted me to take off 1 extra kg from my carry on. i had nothing on me to take out and put it somwhere. I can tell he was looking for a bribe, but i dont wanted to pay. After arguing for 45 mins, i got the plastic bag from one of the porters and resolve the issue, but i did say Jamal that i will complain about him to headquaters in Doha and in USA, that made him more upset. He then told the immigration guys in at Jeddah airport who gave me more grief...this was my first experience with Qatar airways and hopefully last. DON'T TRAVEL with this AIRLINE. You might want to pay extra and take some other airlines.

Thanks.

• De
      2nd of Jan, 2011

QATAR AIRWAYS HAS CRAPPY SERVICES!!! TRIED TO ADJUST MY TICKET TO A LATER DATE AND I GOT A WHOLE BOAT LOAD OF STORIES AND EXORBITANT CHARGES THAT WAS MORE EXPENSIVE THAN BUYING A NEW TICKET. THE RATING BOARD SHOULD REVIEW THEIR STARS AND REDUCE THEM. THIS IS NOT A 5 STAR AIRLINE IN ANY WAY MORE A 2 OR 3 STAR. THEY SHOULD STOP MAKING OFFERS THAT CANNOT BE LIVED UP TO...NOW I AM STRANDED IN A STRANGE COUNTRY (DUBAI) AND I'LL DEFINITELY HAVE TO RESORT TO BUYING A WHOLE NEW TICKET...I HAVE A WHOLE LOT TO SAY BUT THEY SHOULD PLS REVIEW THEIR SERVICES BEFORE THE [censor] HITS THE FAN...

• Sp
      13th of Jan, 2011

"Scam" Qatar Airways is not the so self-proclaimed 5 star airline as customer service falls on deaf ears. This could be in light of winning the bid to host the World cup and maybe they are in need of money and therefore are doing everything possible to gather some much needed funds.

They are currently doing things within their reservation system to agents and forcing the industry to change their airfares with minimal notice to the agent and customer. In other words if you don’t action and pay for your booking now (now being at out of office hours) we will cancel the reservation on the same day just before midnight. This in effect means that the agent has to re-book the flights in question with a much higher price for exactly the same seats with the same fare basis and class of booking, scam. They have certainly lost my loyalty, but what do they care... I'm only a passenger one of many (not) ...

21st of Jan, 2011

[censor] for these guys, They are not professional guys, i had a copy of the Syrian visa same like my friends. They travel by Saudi Airline. They did not ask them. With Qatar airway they did not issued me ticket when i reached at airport. They are saying this is visa copy, you can not go with it. But other airlines are allowing this.. My experience is bad for Qatar airway..

• Rn
      17th of Mar, 2011

My husband and I booked tickets for a round trip flight from Johannesburg, South Africa to Denpasar, Bali Indonesia in December 2010. We departed Johannesburg, South Africa on January 17th, 2011 and arrived in Bali, Indonesia in January 19, 2011.

Before our departure from Johannesburg I contacted Qatar Airlines to verify the baggage allowance per the instructions on your web-site. I was instructed by the representative that we were allowed to bring 2 checked baggage per traveler not exceeding the weight limit of 23 kg/each.

When we arrived at Johannesburg, we were received with excellent service by the Qatar staff. They weighed our luggage and confirmed our online check-in. We had no problem whatsoever checking in. They did not demand any excessive baggage fee at all. We flew with such great ease and comfort from Johannesburg to Bali, Indonesia. We even had a 19 hour layover in Doha, but the service was so great in flight and during our check in that it was worth the layover time.

We spent almost 2 months in Bali visiting friends. We proceeded to the Denpasar, Bali airport on our scheduled flight date of March 16, 2011. We arrived at the check in counter at 8:30 pm. Our flight was not due to depart until 10:20 pm. After loading our baggage upon the scale, we were informed by the check in clerk, Fitri (id # 3009161) that we had excessive baggage amount and weight. We explained to her that we had arrived in Bali from Johannesburg with this exact same amount of luggage and weight and was never required or demanded to pay any additional fees and that we had even inquired with Qatar before leaving to confirm our luggage was according to their standards.

She refused to help us. We immediately asked to speak to the manager on duty. Manager Hendra (id # 22340) arrived. We explained the situation to him. He insisted that we were not in compliance with Qatar Airlines baggage allowance and proceeded to inform us that in order to travel back to Johannesburg with the same baggage we had flown from Johannesburg with that it would cost us an excessive baggage fee of $3344.40 USD. The QATAR web-site states $175.00 US Dollars for each excess baggage.

Of course we refused to pay this exorbitant fee. He then kept asking to see our tickets from where we had flown from Johannesburg to Bali. Since we secured our round trip flight via online check-in all we had when leaving Johannesburg was our printed Boarding Pass, just the same as we had this time. I explained this to Mr. Hendra and even borrowed a phone to access my e-mail to show him our flight confirmation. It was not satisfactory for him. I still do not understand how this request was relevant to our current situation.

While trying to reason with Mr. Hendra, we contacted our friends in Bali and were trying to make arrangements for the supposed "excessive baggage" to be picked up. It was shortly after this that Mr. Hendra informed us that we would not be allowed to board the flight. Before leaving Denpasar, Bali airport we demanded a written letter by Mr. Hendra stating this to be the truth. We have a signed letter from Mr. Hendra along with the witness of Ms. Fitri.

We returned to our friends home who already had additional company. We began trying to contact Qatar Airlines to try and get some assistance. There are no emails easily accessible via their website. It was only after having to call twice that we were able to get an email and then they gave us the incorrect email. We found the correct one via an online search.

I have spent the last 18 hours contacting different offices and personnel with Qatar. The situation is still unresolved. The last phone call I received was from the Airport Manager here in Bali stating they admitted the whole situation was there "mistake" but they would only make it correct by allowing us another flight with a slight weight increase. Either way we would still be forced to leave behind our personal belongings that we were allowed to come with.

No matter how you look at this situation it is 100% Qatar Airlines responsibility to know and communicate accurate information to their customers. Every decision we made was based on the information we received from Qatar Airlines. Now Qatar Airlines is trying to financially extort us because we acted solely on the information provided us by Qatar Airlines representatives.

This was our first time flying Qatar Airlines and will be our last. My husband and I have flown dozens of times and never had such horrible, cruel service.

• Ha
      23rd of Jan, 2012

i want make reservation for group to Jeddah & has been sent by email to desk group in couple time, .. till now no response, .. very quite service :( call me +6281280333444

• Ta
      13th of May, 2012

BAD SERVICES AND NO RESPONSIBILITY AIRLINE!!! CRAZY 5 STARS AIRLINE, WHO GIVE THIS AIRLY INE 5 STAR??? MIGHT BE THEY SAY ONLY.

• Ta
      13th of May, 2012

CHANGING THE GATE, BUT AIRPORT BOARD NO AMEND, THIS AIRLINE SAID NOT THEIR PROBLEM AND ASK CUSTOMER TO PAY EUR300. WHAT A CRAZY AIRLINE, HOPE EVERYBODY TAKE NOTE!!!

• Da
      11th of Feb, 2014

Qatar Airways is really bad as per as their service and customer-handling is concerned. I would not recommend anyone to take Qatar ever. I was allowed 2 baggage from USA to India in Qatar Airways, but they unnecessarily charged me for one extra baggage(I was carrying the same 2 bags back) when i returned to USA with 2 exact same baggage and lesser than 50lbs weight. I think Qatar doesn't deserve to be a star airlines service. I will never take this airlines anymore. Very careless, and un-informative.

• Ba
      28th of May, 2014

Beware Qatar airways, do not ever fly with them
    I fly from USA to Nairobi, kenya
    I stuck in Nairobi, kenya
    They ignored me and telling me different stories
    So, my ticket was screwed up and I have to go another airline buy new ticket in order to go back to the USA

Thanks.

• Je
      12th of Jun, 2014

Sue Qatar Airways in Small Claims Court for Up to $5000

1. Find under what name they are register under. You would need to check your State's Corporation Commission For Example in Virginia they are registered as "Qatar Airways Q.C.S.C. Corporation"

2. Go to your local small claims courts and file a case against them. Small claim court fee is only $50 to $65 depending on your county residence.

Qatar airways customer service is horrible. The won't listen until your sue them.

• Ni
      26th of Mar, 2016

My daughter had a flight that was booked and arranged in Melbourne, her aim was to undertake a much anticipated tour on various national parks in the south of Africa. She left as scheduled from Melbourne and arrived in Doha, to be told upon arrival that her ticket was “not valid” and that she was unable to continue her flight to Cape Town even though it was a TRANSFER to another Qatar flight. The check in attendant informed her that she would need to purchase ANOTHER ticket from a counter to make the flight to Cape Town. She was very upset and disturbed and obeyed instructions as she was travelling alone, and purchased another ticket at Doha airport and went into the queue to travel to Cape Town to then be told the flight was now “over supplied” and she could not get a seat on the flight. She was now stuck in Doha with two tickets for the same flight and not able to travel regardless, and she would now miss the commencement of the tours in Africa. All through no fault of her own.
    I am angry and disappointed about her treatment in Doha. I am angry and upset about how an error like this could even occur when she is transferring. I am angry and disappointed for her on this much anticipated trip that it was nearly completely ruined. I sought reimbursement of all out of pocket costs from Qatar and an apology for her appalling treatment from an international renowned airline…No response. 5 stars? They bought them, not earned them.

• Ve
      16th of Aug, 2018
    Qatar Airways - Carry on luggage with laptop bag - chennai airport
    Chennai

Hello -
    On June 16 I tried to check in Qatar at Chennai airport with carry on cabin luggage with a laptop bag. The Qatar check in person was pointing that cabin bag + laptop bag should weight