Purolator / incompatent employee, rude secretary

1 Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 807-767-5905

I have been expecting a parcel for the last 4 days. Last night I received a phone call from in ignorant secretary advising me that I must come down to Purolators' office to pick up my parcel. I asked her if they were not in the delivery service, and was rudely told "if you want delivery service you had better make sure you are home next time." I asked her when the delivery driver was supposed to have been to my home. I was told that he was here last Friday, Monday, and yesterday, which was Tuesday. The problem with this is that I am home-bound, I haven't left my home due to medical reasons in quite awhile. The secretary assured me that I must not have heard my buzzer, or it was broken. I assured her this was not the case as my son got locked out earlier and had to buzz me to get in. I was then told that they would make an exception and try to deliver it one more time. (Don't go out of your way, it's not like delivering parcels is your job or anything.)
I was very annoyed with the ignorant attitude I received and did not like the way this "woman" insinuated that I had lied about being home. Normally I would have let this go, but the more I thought about it, the angrier I got. I then remembered that if the driver comes to your home and you aren't there, it is their policy to leave a notice that they were here. So if the driver was here 3 days in a row, where are the 3 notices? NOT HERE! And to be honest, living in an apartment with 95% seniors, I can't see one of them going out of their way to steal/hide notices from Puralator.
Next, I went to the landlord and asked to check the security tapes for the 3 days in question. THE PURALATOR VAN DID NOT COME EVEN ONCE! THE DRIVER LIED! I am so sick of this company, get someone who will do their job properly, in these tough times it won't be hard to replace incompetence.
I am sure it was the same driver who last summer buzzed me and asked me to come downstairs to pick up my parcel from the lobby. I asked him if it wasn't his job to deliver the parcel to my door to which he replied, "it's too heavy." It was heavy as I had ordered a BBQ. I asked him if he had a dolly to which he gruffly stated NO! This left me wondering if he thought it was too heavy, how would I, a female, 120lbs lighter than him, get this up the stairs by myself. The driver stated, "It's not my problem, I got it here, it's up to you." He turned around and walked out the door. I had to phone my father to come over after work and help me bring it upstairs.

Comments

Mo
  20th of Jun, 2009

My aunt ordered a dell computer last year, this is medicine hat, AB... the local purolator staff let the computer sit in the warehouse for literally 7-10 days, saying they could not delivery it because her name and address were spelled incorrectly. Her postal code and phone number were clearly legible though and they made no efforts to make her aware her package was ready and they made no efforts to even deliver it.

Now a year later, I'm in almost the same position. I have a "guaranteed" delivery for yesterday (friday) waited all day at home, then the package never arrived. Now UPS/Purolator, cannot find it. It simply got "lost" somwhere between Calgary and Medicine Hat I guess.

Absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable.

Si
  17th of Sep, 2010

I placed an order for my business, the order was shipped with UPS and I paid customs in advance so that they would leave the package at my door even if I was not home and no signature would be required.

I guess UPS and purolator work together so once the item was in Medicine Hat (Where i live) it was directed to the purolator where they were supposed to deliver the package to my house. The first attempt of delivery I was not home but the driver did not leave the box as instructed to because there was no note from ups saying that i had paid for the customs.

I contact UPS letting them know that my package was not being released because according to purolator I never paid. UPS said they would send a message in to their contact at purolator and inform them that it was in fact paid.

Day 2, no one came to deliver the package, so i had my husband go to the purolator location and see if he could pick it up, the lady said she still can not release the package as she has no confirmation that it has been paid for and she took his number and said she would phone him once she received it. (WTH, are you kidding me?! they couldn't just pick up a phone and contact someone at UPS to get authorization considering i paid a week in advance, definitely incompetent people)

Day 3, I received an e-mail to contact UPS, so i did and they told me that I should receive the package tomorrow and that it had been cleared on purolators end that it has been paid.

Day 4, purolator still did not drop off package, this time there reasoning was that they called and left a message for me (WHICH i did not receive and still haven't) saying that they didn't wanted to leave the package on our PROTECTED patio because it was raining out. Let me add that our patio is designed to keep rain out. When we spoke with the lady at purolator she said it would be delivered tomorrow, rain or shine and left on our patio.

So here I am, Day 5 waiting for my delivery. And believe me if it doesn't show up today, I don't care if tomorrow is Saturday and they are closed, they WILL call someone in just to make my delivery! I've had about enough! I own a woman's retail clothing store and I can't sell the clothes if its sitting in a box in the purolator warehouse!

I find their staff to be useless, and it seems no one gets anything done unless you get on the phone and yell at someone which I hate to have to do.

Sp
  15th of Nov, 2010

I ordered 2 games from gamestop.ca a week ago to be express shipped with puralator(next buisness day delivery).

I have called and called, and they told me that the driver could not find my address, Even with my directions and a two foot high sign i erected for them especially.
They told me it would be delivered on the monday.
Suprise, suprise, no package again today, so agin i called and was told that it will be delivered tomorrow.
I laughed at her and told her that puralators guarantees are a joke and mean less than nothing.

Every time i called, i was given excuses, lies and bad attitude, But no help whatsoever.

The most disgusting service i have ever had the misfortune to use

Sr
  23rd of Nov, 2010

I live in an apartment building in Medicine Hat alberta> On November 19 2010 a Purolater delivery person buzzed my suite and asked to be let in to deliver a courier package, I did check to ensure that he had the correct nane and apartment number this being correct I buzzed the entry door so that he could deliver said package. He said he would be right up. He never arrived at my door.

I phoned Purolater's 888 nummber to try to trace the package and it was suggested that maybe "he got lost in the Building" really who hires these people? After speaking to a supervisor she told me she would phone the local office and have them call me. I did not receive a call that day and they were closed on the weekend. So bright and early on Moday I phoned the local office and was told they were not aware of the problem and they would call me back. Six hours later they called to say that he had given the package to someone at the front door who said she was the manager!!! You guessed it she was not the manager. Purolater says they can't say who signed for it (no tracking number!!) and becase they deliver a lot of packages that originate fromUPS the chances of getting any information is nil.

The staff showed no concern and offered no apology. So now I have no idea who received the package and purolater claims that if I don't have a tracking number (which I don't) they can't trace it. I asked if it was not company policy to deliver to the person named on the bill of lading. "Yes" I was told (but they give packages to the manager so they dont have waste time to use the elevator) no trace in medicine hat