PublicationsMax.com / ripoff/scam

1 109-1 Jepson DriveMilford, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 203-283-7280

I was duped by this company who offered 5 magazines for $27.00 USD. I just checked my bank statement and I was charged $91.00! This was part of a "come on" on facebook for a game where you "earn" coins by playing the game and as a means to "earn" more coins, you are given a choice of "offers" promising a certain thing, in this particular case magazine subscriptions--five magazines for $27.00--where you enter your credit card info and upon payment from your bank, you are awarded the "coins." This is deceptive and dishonest. Had I thought it was going to cost me $91.00, I'd never have participated. I suspect I now much cancel my credit card to avoid additional charges to my account. I am furious with facebook and this total scam company. I feel the attorney general's office needs to investigate this company and plan to advise him of such.

Da

Comments

• Va
      22nd of May, 2008
    PublicationsMax.com
    990 Grove St. Ste.204
    Evanston
    Illinois
    www.PublicationsMax.com

I have been ripped off by Publicationsmax.com. Today I discovered that my 5 for $25.00 magazine orders turned out to be $93.86. This was taken from my bank account today. One of the magazines has sent a bill for $20.00... That is when I also realized I have been truly duped. I wish I was aware of your web site before I ordered. Maybe, others will be smarter and not fall for this offer from Publicationsmax.com.

• Ca
      9th of Jun, 2008

I have been duped also by Publicationsmax.com. I am getting on-line invoices for $22.00 for each magazine, plus Publicationsmax has charged $88.87 to my credit card. I have put a dispute on it and am in the process of trying to contact this company. I read on another board several others who have had the exact same thing happen to them by this company and they have not had luck in getting their money back. Most found out that Publicationsmax had taken money directly from their bank account! There must be something that can be done I don't know!

• Pa
      16th of Jun, 2008

totally a ripoff company Did not order and they still took money out of our account off the internet. Then have not put it back and gave us 4 different confirmation numbers...

• De
      24th of Jul, 2008

I did the 5 for $27 and was charged $91.85. I don't know how to get my money back. Any advice?

• Ls
      28th of Jul, 2008
    Publicationsmax
    Richland
    Washington
    Publicationsmax.com

On a promotional I lost my head and signed up for 5 magazines, and when the charge went into my account I had not put any money in it, consequently, the charge is still pending at a negative # and will not go away. I tried to contact the publicationsmax.com address and no luck. Can you help me?

LS Help

• Al
      3rd of Sep, 2008

I recently signed up for the same deal - 5 magazines for $27. My account was charged for $92! Did you ever get this resolved? I am going to call the company on lunch to try to get this figured out.

17th of Sep, 2008

I did 5 for 17.99 and they charge me 90.00 dollars. I called up the bank and told them the charges were unauthorized. Luckily they credited my account. I was just trying to make money by going green for someone on freelunchroom.com. Wow what a bunch ###ing scamming ###s.

6th of Nov, 2008

Ordered 5 magazines at their $27 offer price. Was charged $91.89. Operator asked if I was not told about their 'processing fee' which I was not. Was told I would receive my money in 3-5 days and was sent a confirmation e-mail.

Will post back when/if I receive my money back.

Dear Smitters,

I apologize for the trouble you have had with my company, Publications Max. Please call 886-624-2877 immediately, and a customer service representative would be happy to assist you. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably terminate your order and provide refunds. To better understand the charges to your account, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Dear L.S.,

I apologize for the trouble you have had with my company, Publications Max, and I believe I can help you to rectify this situation. Please call to speak to a customer service representative at 886-624-2877 as soon as possible. By providing us with some basic information, such as your name and zip code, we can look up your account to clear up any problems. If you are unsatisfied in any way, we will reasonably terminate your order and provide refunds. To better understand the charges to your account, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Dear Tereza,

I apologize for any problems you have encountered with Publications Max. If you need any further assistance, please call 886-624-2877 and a customer service representative would be happy to help you. For further clarification, please see our details and terms at https://www.magazineburst.com/TC45195dFive.php.

Dear Samuel,

19th of Nov, 2008

I was signing up for a McDonalds gift card and i had to sign up for two items to get the free gift card. When I checked my checking account they charged me $90.92 they said it was for delivering for the weight of the magazines, what a joke. Maybe McDonalds need to check into some of the offers that are offered to the consumer, because it also gives them a bad name. Cause if you have to order 90 dollars worth of magazines to get a free Mcdonalds meal that doesn't make any sense. If my money isn't refunded I will get me a lawyer and sue.

• Bo
      25th of Nov, 2008
    PublicationsMax.com - unauthorized charge
    Missouri

I ordered 3 magazines i was told it would cost me $15.00 and was billed $87.00 this is terrible I cant afford this

• Pk
      6th of Dec, 2008
    Illinois

unauthorized charging of my debit card for 94.89. I do not even know what it was really for. I am very upset with this practice and will investigate further. This is fraud!

• Be
      28th of Dec, 2008

I was charged $88.81 on my debit card for 3 magazines. What I believed I was signing up for was 3 magazines for $27.00 which is reasonable and why I did it. When I called I was told my account would be credited. That was a month ago and I am still waiting for the credit. They also told me that the fine print stated that there was a processing fee and that was what the charge was for. I am still waiting for my credit and feel very cheated. I will be more careful now when purchasing on line. I recently bought a cd program from Video Professor on line and kept getting cd's. I was told when you purchase on line you sign up for automatic deliveries. The is such a crock. Consumers beware. Especially in these economic times people are out to screw you.

• Ca
      25th of Jan, 2009

I have been scamed by Publicationsmax.com.
    I had an order for 5 magazines for $27.00 but
    I was billed $90.97 on 01/22/09. My order
    is pending. I want my money refuned!!!

• Ge
      27th of Jan, 2009

The 5 magazines for $27.00 offer I received has been charged to my account as $92.00 plus dollars. I did not authorize this charge . This charge has put my credit card over limit and I have been charged an overdraft fee of $39.00!

• Da
      15th of Feb, 2009

Sorry I misunderstood the form and entered my OWN address and phone #. The company's phone number is 1-888-624-2877. ALSO...it is on facebook as "MagazineBurst.com" Don't get ripped off. I'm calling tomorrow morning (9-5 CST), and will contact my bank for a new card no. and am contacting facebook in addition to the attorney general's office. I hope the other person who requested a refund gets it!

• Fr
      22nd of Feb, 2009

What an idiot. Why would anyone give you 5 magazines for $27? That would be a poor business model since they would LOSE money.

Stupid.