ProFlowers.com / Unauthorized billing

Heard all over radio and ordered a week before Valentines day. The special was a One Dozen Long Stemmed Red Roses w/FREE Ruby Vase for $39.99 and FREE SHIPPING. Turns out, Valentines day was on Saturday $9.99 - Saturday delivery, Standard Express Delivery - $12.99. Taxes - $5.43. So total was $68.40!!! The FREE SHIPPING was actually a REBATE from a company proflowers.com hired...and they wanted me to enter my credit card info on their site also? They (proflowers.com) failed to mention the free shipping was actually to rebate the $12.99. I have not stopped receiving spam from that company (EasySaver Rewards) since. Proflowers.com also gave them my credit card and charged me for their membership. SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! All I did was click a $15 off coupon (pop-up).

I called Discover right away (what a big help - class act). Fraud claimed. I nipped it in the bud after I saw a charge for $1.95. My guess that was just a 'feeler' amount. This scam is becoming very big with proflowers.com and easysaverrewards.com (just look on this site or google).

So, the order cost me $68.40 x 2 when advertised as $39.99 each. I am an idiot, ordered 2! So now 2x the charge. You can forget about that rebate, would be caught in a bear trap! You talk about a scam! Oh, and flowers were frost bitten (black tips) and turned down the next day. BUYER BEWARE!

Ri

Comments

• Ru
      4th of Mar, 2009

The only online order I had done was for proflowers.com. It offered free shipping. I was upset after I had ordered anyways because I had purchased $30 worth of flowers and the final charge was $60!! They charged me $9.99 for Saturday delivery (which I missed THAT hidden bit of info until it was too late.) They also charged a separate delivery fee as well. Oh well, I thought... I needed the flowers and I qualified for free shipping, which would have taken $15 off.

Little did I know that after I made the purchase, I was directed to a link that would redeem my free shipping. After clicking on that link, I started to fill out my information when I realized that it was a completely different company that would redeem my shipping fee. Something like 'freeshipping.com.' I also realized that I would be signing up for something that looked like a membership... though it wasn't exactly clear.

Without submitting any of my information... I closed the window. I am not one to be taken advantage of... normally. I usually try to read every bit of info before signing up for anything.

Now, 2 days later... I look at my bank statement and notice a charge from 'Easy Saver' and another from 'EMI Encore Marketing.' I've been had. It is too early to dispute the charges with my bank as of yet... the final posting hasn't hit yet... but I will as soon as possible.

I added PROFLOWERS on here because if that company will allow crooked companies like that to share buisness with them on their website, I believe they are just as crooked. And how did they get my credit card information?? I closed the window that was for the free shipping without submitting my information. Proflowers must have some connection to that as well.

Please help me hope the flowers come on Saturday!

• Ho
      9th of Feb, 2010

I bought an orchid for 24.95 and a over priced vase for 6.99 from proflowers.com and ended up paying 50.00!!!

I lalready foolishy promised my friend who lost her dad the gift for this Tuesday or I would have cancelled.

They are CROOKS owned by a large company. They have been sued twice!!! Watch your card online for any other charges too. These online criminals are noted for this. I will go to my florist next time or send some other kind of gift! BEWARE!!!