Proflowers / Taking extra cash out of my acct

For mothers day I sent flowers using them and at the end they asked me nicely if I wanted 15 bucks off my next purchase. I said why not and entered my email. Well that gave them permission (in very fine writing)to take out 24.95 bucks that month and 14.95 every month until I call the Encore Marketing group and cancel it. I just noticed it... So the 2 dozen roses cost me like 150 bucks in total

Comments

10th of Jul, 2008

Hi,
    I'm an employee of ProFlowers and I saw your post. As an employee of ProFlowers, I thought I would take the opportunity to try to clarify our Easy Saver program and the enrollment process.

After you make a purchase on our site, we offered you the opportunity to sign up with Easy Saver Rewards, a partner program which offers our customers a multitude of discounts and services. As an incentive to try the program, we offer customers a $15 gift code which can be used on our site.

In order to sign up for the program and receive the coupon, the customer needs to enter their email address and zip code to confirm their acceptance of the terms and conditions. Within the terms directly to the left of the "accept" button are clearly stated, both the enrollment process and the charge of the program. We always encourage our customers to provide feedback on making this process clearer as our goals are not to have customers entered in a program that they do not wish to be in. Cancelling is very simple; customers can call 1-800-355-1837 if they no longer wish to be part of the service.

This is not intended to be "in fine writing" or anything like that. It's simply an incentive to try out a discount program that we think our customers will find valuable.

It's clear by the tone of this post that you did not intend to enroll in this program. I would love to help you find a resolution which would lead you to be fully satisfied. Please contact me at MKlimen@proflowers.com.

ProFlowers takes our customers and their concerns very seriously. We hope that customers reading this email will understand that we are not acting in a malicious manner in which these posts reflect.

Thank you.

Margaret Klimen
    ProFlowers

• Up
      8th of Dec, 2008

The above post from ProFlowers is just a lie and a part of the scam!!!

A lot of you are saying that you can't get through to anyone when you call the 877 numbers to cancel (877.564.8538/877.844.9554). I did a little research it turns out that these companies are owned/operated by a company called Encore Marketing International.

So... let's CALL THEM and tell them how big of ### they are for perpetuating these frauds/scams... below is a list of employees and the main number to Encore; if you call a receptionist will put you through to them... CALL THEM NOW IF YOU'RE FURIOUS ABOUT THEM STEALING FROM YOU:

4501 Forbes Blvd

David Gallimore — Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
    Michael Dubrow — Executive Vice President, Partnership Development
    Sondra Diggs — Chief Financial OfficerSondra Diggs — Chief Financial Officer

---------

This is the contact information of the CEO of Encore Marketing who's behind American Leisure and EZ Saver Scams... contact him to let him know how you feel about him cheating you and stealing your money:

Chief Executive Officer

Lanham, MD 20706
    USA

• Sp
      9th of Apr, 2009

It appears to me that anyone looking at the number of complaints against Pro Flowers and their partner groups would get at least a HINT that there is something wrong with the way this "special" is offered.