Priceline.com / airline tickets, travel protection, priceline customer service

1 Online, Canada

Look elsewhere, prior to booking my hubby's flight to halifax for his brothers graduation I had called around looking for any companies that would provide the best return/refund options. (my hubby works in the oil field so booking dates can be nearly impossible) when I called the customer service line I spoke with a very "enthusiastic and helpful" price line agent. She listened to my reasoning for the call, and assured me that she understood my concerns and let me know that with the purchase of their "trip protector" i'd be able to add insurance to my trip, allowing me to cancel at any time.

So imagine my surprise when I called 2 weeks after to cancel this trip, (my hubby's job was on a spring break up so he was placed on a temporary lay off) that I was unable to. I'm looking at a my allianz insurance policy where it states I have cancellation coverage for $456.00 (price of my ticket before taxes) but every time I call regarding my request i'm told I cannot cancel.

I have spoken with the main "supervisor" who sounded like she was reading a script. She refused to understand my concerns and kept repeating that it was out of their hands, I was told on two separate occasions that I would receive e-mails explaining how I can submit a claim yet nothing was ever sent. When I spoke to allianz the company that provides the insurance I was told to contact price line. All in all an impossible task. I called again yesterday and asked to speak directly to the supervisor I had spoken with the day prior and was rudely told i'd already spoken with her, when I insisted I was left on a 55 minute hold ending with me hanging up prior to talking to anyone!!!

This company is not worth the headache, they do not care about customer service only about making a dollar.

Sj