Priceline / sales deception

1 Atlanta GA, United States Review updated:

Priceline has started a new way of deceiving the bidder. On the page where you make your bid if you leave out a block to check or one of several steps to finalize your bid you are brought back up to the top of the page and informed of the block you need to respond to. After you check the item that was missed you then submit to "Buy your Room" What Priceline has started doing is CHANGING your bid in the bid block to a higher recommended bid. This can be very easily overlooked and you will be charged the price that they changed in your bid box... The following is the complaint I submitted to Priceline who played ignorant on this new scam.
You have been connected to Chris.
Chris: Hi, STAN! Thanks for choosing to chat with us today. How may I help you?
Stan Bass: I just keyed in an offer of $29 for a room... was just awarded the room but the price bumped up to $43... I noticed you guys change the rate if you have to go back and enter missing info... did not catch you doing that this time... I've been buying priceline rooms for years...what kind of shady things is this now going on!!!
Chris: I'm sorry to hear that. I can imagine that must be frustrating. I can certainly review your reservation, to determine how I can assist you. Please give a moment while I check that for you.
Stan Bass: THIS IS A DECEPTIONS YOU GUYS JUST STARTED DOING... I HAVE RENTED HUNDREDS OF ROOMS FROM PRICELINE... THIS TRICK HAS PURPOSELY BEEN WRITTEN INTO YOUR SOFTWARE...
Stan Bass: CHECK YOUR HISTORY OF MY USAGE OF PRICELINE... I AM ONE PISSED CUSTOMER!!!
Chris: I understand you're upset right now. Before we proceed, I am showing that you chatted us before regarding the same issue.
Stan Bass: WHILE I WAS TRYING TO TYPE MY RESPONSE I WAS CUT OFF...
Chris: I'm sorry you lost the connection with the previous chat agent. Dont worry, I should be able to pull up the conversation. Please give a quick moment to access your record.
Chris: Stan, thank you for your patience.
Chris: I have thoroughly reviewed your information and our records shows that your offer price for this reservation is $43.00 and not $29.00.
Stan Bass: PASS THIS ON TO WHOEVER CREATED THIS SHADY LITTLE TRICK ... YOU WILL LOSE MORE MONEY FROM ME THAN THE MONEY YOU JUST MADE A LITTLE WHILE AGO! PRICELINE HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT AND I HAVE REFFERRED IT TO HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE INCLUDING A RADIO TALK SHOW (MARLA IN THE MORNING) INTERVIEW IN KNOXVILLE TN... i PROMISE YOU THE PUBLIC WILL BE AWARE OF THIS GREEDY SCHEME YOU HAVE COME UP WITH...
Chris: Stan, we searched for hotel based on the price you offered and we found a travel partner willing to accept your price, we charged your form of payment to lock the rate and secure the reservation. This is non changeable and non-refundable due to contractual agreements with our hotel partners.

If you found a lower rate with the same itinerary online before you check in, please contact us so that we can check if it qualifies for our Best Price Guarantee.
Chris: Hi, Stan, I see your Chat box is still open, but I haven't heard from you in awhile, are you still available to chat?
Stan Bass: JUST CHECKED MY CREDIT CARD AND WAS STILL CHARGED FOR THE HIGHER AMOUNT...
Chris: This reservation is prepaid and your card was charged in full at the time of purchase, Stan. Your offer price was $43.00 plus taxes and fees of $12.56 for a total amount of $55.56.
Stan Bass: CHRIS...PASS MY CHAT WITH YOU ON TO THE CEO OF PRICELINE! HE CAN CALL ME AT [protected] OR STANBASS@GMAIL.COM
Chris: I understand you're not satisfied with our policies, Stan; however, there is not another department or person that I can transfer your chat to that would address your issue differently. All chat and phone agents have the same authority to address customer issues.

St
May 9, 2015

Comments

• Ta
      10th of Feb, 2009
    Priceline - BAIT ^ SWItch
    Photography Studio
    Woodstock
    New York

PRICE LINE HAS BAIT & SWITCH: BUYER BE WARE!
    I ordered an economy car @ $11 day x 10 days .Approved all the costs. They billed me for that car @ $14 day x 10 days.

I explained the problem. They don't care to help. I'll never use them again.

• Di
      16th of Jun, 2009
    Priceline - Cancel Fees
    Priceline.com
    San Diego
    California
    priceline.com

Never use priceline for hotels - they will not allow you to cancel under any circumstances - misleading ad at top of page says no cancellation fee but when you scorll down - look out. Customer service is no help.

• Sh
      3rd of Jul, 2009
    Priceline - Worst Customer Service

Never Use them. I lost $500.00 and the customer service representatives are not fluent in english and constantly read from a script. A manager is not availabe to speak with customers. Save yourself some trouble and go with a different service.

• Sc
      1st of Aug, 2009

I didnt know you had to buy insurance to by an honest deal these days, ... interesting

• Sc
      1st of Aug, 2009

buy*

• Md
      20th of Aug, 2009

we gave 30 day notice to cancel car reservation - they will not allow us to cancel, for any reason, period. They are damned thieves, and we will never use them again, for any travel.
    Michael, Intervale, NH

• Al
      20th of Oct, 2010
    Priceline - Name Your Own Price

Name Your Own Price has and should never be used by companies. Priceline is taking advantage of consumers by using an opaque market (prices and products are not known to consumer) and asking them to make uninformed bids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dplsKix7qL0

• Bi
      16th of Apr, 2011
    Priceline - lies lies lies

while checking prices on priceline they booked a hotel that I DID NOT WANT it wasnt anywhere near my destination...They have no one to talk to to reverse the mistake...I called my credit card company they said it already went through WARNING NEVER NEVER NEVR USE PRICELINE THEY ARE LIARS CHEATS AND THIEFS

• Ka
      12th of Nov, 2012
    Priceline - Rude
    Florida

Rude costumer service young lady named Michelle terrible costumer service never booked through them again