Menu
MapQuest
reviews & complaints

MapQuest
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

12 complaints
2 resolved 10 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MapQuest. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
J
9:26 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

6/30-7/1/22 Whatever updates that were made June - 2022, trash them! Mapquest is NO LONGER User Friendly. Mapquest does not allow easy access to addresses that are displayed in the dropdown. It inadvertently opens websites that are not requested. What happened to the 2 or 3 driving options? I might as well use Google Maps.

11:04 am EDT

MapQuest - Mapquest.com

You have changed mapquest and made it even more user unfriendly. There is no place where it says directions. If you do not change this, I will be forced to use google maps. The first change you made years ago made it difficult to find the direction tab as it does not have the word direction on it. You have words for everything but directions and I think that is what most people use your website for. I want to pull up mapquest and hit one word to get to directions. Please let me know if there is an easier way to get directions on your website as there are no instructions on where directions are. This is very frustrating. When you change a website, you should make it easier and not harder to navigate.

Desired outcome: Would like to be able to get directions without having the hit several places.

1 comment
Aug 15, 2022 4:48 pm EDT

I totally agree. Whoever the Map Quest Developer is - they are destroying what worked perfectly. Every change they have made so far has made it worse. I use the Multi Route Planning and it is impossible now. It used to work so perfectly for my needs. I am desperately trying to find a new way to do what I need to do. I would even pay to use the service if they would change it back to the way it was.

11:16 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

MapQuest - Mapquest error message "route failure". MapQuest provides no way to resolve such errors.

I searched for driving directions to Casa Grande Ruins site using the National Monument address from the government site. Mapquest returned this error message "Route Failure. Unable to calculate Route". It leaves you there with no suggestions. There is no way to look up a Mapquest error without being sent to some irrelevant and useless FAQs.

I went to my laptop and checked the address; it was correct. I searched online and found this site:

I made sure Locations was not blocked for MapQuest on Chrome Settings. I cleared the cache on Chrome Settings. Checked signal strength: four bars. Still getting the same error. Searched for the error on Internet from a computer. Nothing found. No way to get help from MapQuest.

Desired outcome: Have MapQuest work on my iPhone.

D
6:35 pm EST

MapQuest - Directions

I was obtaining directions for a trip I was planning on for Friday, Feb. 4. I checked the Route Settings and chose Kilometers over Miles and specifically wanted NO TOLL ROADS. I clicked on Apply Settings. When I went back to the directions, it had Hwy 407 (a toll road) and distances in miles. What did I just do, pound sand? Does this software even register what it is getting from the user? I went back to settings and did it again except while swearing at it and then to the directions which finally registered the correct settings. Is something wrong or just stupid with this software? I expect things to work right the first time.

Desired outcome: Ensure that commands in the settings are actually applied and not ignored like they were never there.

11:50 am EDT
Replied
MapQuest has left an official reply on this complaint.

MapQuest - MapQuest

MapQuest is awful. So is complaint filing. Why do I have to sign into Facebook in order to file it? Why do I have to complain with a certain # of characters? I haven't traveled anywhere for awhile. MapQuest used to be simple. Not now.
MapQuest kicked me out several times when just trying to obtain and save a map. Now is stuck on that map & I can't do another. Used to be simple. Now difficult and covered with annoying popups. Looking for another map site.

10:03 pm EDT
Replied
MapQuest has left an official reply on this complaint.

MapQuest - Directed in circle on and off toll roads when avoid tollroads is set

I wonder if Mapquest is being paid by tollroads because I am repeatedly directed to take a tollroad (even though avoid tollroads is set) so I follow it thinking it's necessary, then am told to get off and back off, multiple times, going the same directions. There is no traffic jam, or any other purpose to get off and get back on other than to pay twice. Also I'm directed to go one way and then to make a u-turn and go back to where I came from, then back and around and then more u-turns. What is the point of having the app? I feel I should be reimbursed for all the extra toll charges. Frustrating.

Desired outcome: Reimbursement, and also improvement of the service.

M
3:02 pm EDT

MapQuest - online maps

Your website is disgusting with all of the popup advertisements that come up while trying to view a map online. No, I don't wish to "sign up" or "log in". I just want to find something on the damn map. Why do you people insist on shoving this advertising down our throats to the point where we can't even view the product we came out here to see? Very very frustrating. I'll use another product instead that doesn't advertise the crap out of me.

T
9:02 am EDT

MapQuest - ads

I've noticed these reviews were done 8-9yrs ago why havent you fixed them yet?
You "use" to be the best out here, now your "crap" you have way too many "ad's" pop up and its crazy for professional companies to use web that is a waste of time. Waaaaay tooooo mannny addddds!
Get it together mapquest and get this crap off ur web!
I have had alot of patience with this issue and I have complained over n over bout this same issue and you folks are ignoring our complaints, wtf?>

L
4:32 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Please change, according to Lawrence county in deadwood Sd, Story lane in Sturgis Sd does not connect to red cliff via our driveway, we live at 20785 Story lane and people that use Mapquest go thru our private driveway to get to red cliff, please check with the county listed and change or you can pay for the damage to our yard! Google maps has it listed...

View 0 more photos
R
10:22 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

It used to be that Mapquest.com was the simplest and easiest tool from which I could find any directions from point A to B, without the hassle of major interstate with its wonderful "No Highways" option. Well, Mapquest sure has changed its tune. So, I guess I'll go back to using hard-copy maps. This isn't the only device which has discouraged my usage...

A
5:32 pm EDT

MapQuest - Ads popped up from nowhere

I recently started to use the website Map Quest (www.mapquest.com). But the first thing, which I didn’t like, was the ads. They simply popped up from nowhere and it was impossible to remove them. All the time these das blocked me the use of the website and I was very angry and irritated by them. Please, maybe someone has any ideas how to remove them. And can you provide the instructions.

J
3:04 pm EST

MapQuest - Pop Up advertising

I was printing a map from Iowa City, IA to Las Vegas and a Marriott Springhill Suites pop up printed right in the middle of the route. Doesn't Map quest have the ability to keep crap like that out of the data they send to us?

1 comment
M
Oct 25, 2019 3:06 pm EDT

Yeah MapQuest used to be a good tool. I used it all the time. Now it seems that they are more interested in the referral advertising revenue than getting you from A to B.

MapQuest contacts