Priceline / unauthorized billing

On 5-7-09 I attempted to purchase 2 first class tickets thru priceline.com and I bid what was a reasonable price for first class tickets, I had to enter in the credit card info that they would charge for the tickets, the bid was accepted, I had to initial that I was going to pay for the tickets, etc. All this without their showing me what I was saying I would pay for. Then the screen pops up with 2 coach class tickets! I immediately tried to get Priceline to delete or void the transaction and they refused. I talked to a supervisor, she refused. I emailed the VP of customer relations and she referred the problem to another customer service rep. and she also refused. This transaction was a "bait & switch" scheme. I talked to the airline and they told me they couldn't help because Priceline purchases a "bulk" set of tickets and that Priceline still held the tickets, technically, so they couldn't change, cancel, etc. the tickets. I tried Priceline again and they said it didn't matter, I had basically promised to pay and they refused to cancel. I am talking to my credit card company right now to get the payment stopped because I am being charged for something I did not ask for and also I don't have the item, it was not used, etc. There has to be something that the FTC and other agencies could do about these things. I saw there are lots of other complaints against Priceline on this website. They truly use bait & switch tactics on the consumer. I think I should have been able to see what I was supposedly accepting before I agreed to pay. Stupid move on my part but I was trusting them to be a reputable company, they are large and they advertise all over the place. I even plan to complain to William Shatner. His voice is even on their hold message! I will also report them to the FTC, their state's attorney general, their state's BBB, to news media, and everywhere else I can think of to stop this and I want my money back, I want the tickets cancelled, and I will never use their services again!

St

Comments

• Va
      9th of Oct, 2008

Purchased package from Priceline for $437.30, flight, hotel and rental car. Had to cancel and rebook. After spending some time searching for some way to contact them and talk to a human being, finally succeeded and was told no problem as long as booked another package but would probably be a $50.00 cancellation fee. Rebooked for $597.25 the next day. After e-mailing numerous times and spending several hours on the computer finally got a number for customer service. Called and yes the cancellation fee for the $437.30 package was $152.51! I will never use Priceline again!

• Va
      31st of Oct, 2008

Tried to cancel my hotel but the operator who spoke poor English claimed he could not find my reservation. I gave him my phone number which he said he should be able to find it with but could not. I needed to cancel by noon and I called at 10am. I explained to him I was traveling and he said not to worry just do it when I get to a computer I was unable to get to a computer until the next morning and now they refuse to credit me the full amount.

Today Mr. Phillabaum refused to research the issue claiming they had no record of my call which of course they would not because they could not find it on the phone. Also I had no idea I was dealing with priceline as I had made my reservation with Virginia-Hotels and the reservation makes no mention of them.

Charged $208 for a stay I canceled.