Popeyes Chicken / halal meat

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I used to eat chicken at "Popeyes Chicken" very regularly until I found out that they use Halal-Meat and that means the chicken was slaughtered in a way, which is very cruel and the bird or animal suffers for a long time after its neck is cut a little for bleeding.
Canadian way of slaughtering is lot more humane and quick and therefore the animal doesn't suffer. The only reason Canada allows Halal slaughtering is because of the Muslim-Vote.

Si

Comments

• Bo
      1st of Jun, 2007
    Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits - Farmers Branch, Tx - Horrible customer service

Ordered at drive-thru at Josey Lane location in Farmers Branch, Texas, huge pothole at service window, took over 8 minutes at lunch to prepare order. Unfriendly employee never apologized for delay or appeared to have any interest in customer service, like a "Thank You" or any other courtesy.

Arrived home with order, biscuit and chicken strip were missing from order. As a bonus they did not provide a receipt.

Called Popeye's customer service and spoke to a very nice lady who had absolutely no authority to handle my problem. All she could do was "Take down my complaint and submit it to management".

Supposedly "management" would evaluate my complaint and contact me if they deemed me worthy of a meal replacement.

Guess I was not worthy because they never called.

No more trips to POPEYES CHICKEN & BISCUITS for me!

11th of Apr, 2008
    Popeyes Chicken - Terrible service!
    Popeyes Chicken
    Store # 1515 order # 220
    Dallas, Texas
    Phone: (214) 498-7500

I have visited this restaurant 3 times in a one month period. Each time I order the same thing, a 3 piece combo meal to go. The first visit I payed for a 3 piece meal but received only a 2 piece meal. The second visit I ordered the 3 piece meal to go and informed the register person that I was shorted a piece of chicken the last time, so please make sure I have what I ordered. She complied and gave me an extra wing for my trouble. Today April the 11th 2008 I order a 3- piece meal to go. I get back to the office and again I have paid for 3- piece meal but have received a 2 piece meal. I call the restaurant and tell the manager my story. He apologizes and offers a free meal on my next visit. This is nice but all anyone wants is WHAT THEY ORDERED. One should not have to open and inventory their order, slowing down the process, that is the restaurants job.

11th of Apr, 2008

Quit eating at fast food places if you want good service. I assume when you go to BK you want table service. For cheap food you get cheap service, go figure you cheap ###!

• Lu
      24th of Nov, 2008
    Popeye's - not receiving all of my order
    Popeye's
    6667 Kathlee
    Lafayette
    Louisiana

On Sunday 11/23/08 we placed an order of 23 mixed pieces w/two side orders (fries and red beans & rice) w/biscuits. We had to wait about 10 minutes for the biscuits and when we got home we did not have our order of fries. So all we had was the chicken, red beans & rice and the biscuits. The total for our order was $24.83 and on the receipt it had chk 3113. We drove about 20 miles to get our Sunday meal after attending our Sunday mass.

Sincerely,
    Luisa M. LeMoine

• Ub
      24th of Feb, 2009

The Muslim vote is insignificant to the Canadian political spectrum

Captive Bolt Stunning (CBS) - the method of stunning with a bolt into the head before slaughter - is the perfer method by animal rights organizations to slaugther animals has been shown to cause more pain to the animals than by Halal or Kosher methods.

A study incorporating EEG (Electroencephalograph) with electrodes surgically implanted on the skull of 17 sheep and 15 calves, and conducted by Wilhelm Schulze et al. at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Germany concluded that "the slaughter in the form of a ritual cut is, if carried out properly, painless in sheep and calves according to EEG recordings and the missing defensive actions" (of the animals) and that "For sheep, there were in part severe reactions both in bloodletting cut and the pain stimuli" when Captive Bolt Stunning (CBS) was used. This study is cited by the German Constitutional Court in its permitting of dhabiha slaughtering.

Schulze W, Schultze-Petzold H, Hazem AS, Gross R. Experiments for the objectification of pain and consciousness during conventional (captive bolt stunning) and religiously mandated (“ritual cutting”) slaughter procedures for sheep and calves. Deutsche Tierärztliche Wochenschrift 1978 Feb 5;85(2):62-6. English translation by Dr Sahib M. Bleher

2nd of Jul, 2009

For all you out there who like to comment without obtaining proper facts or knowledge,
    the halal way of slaughtering does drain the blood out of the body, but little do you know that when the throats of the animal are severed, the main senses that go to the brain of the animal are cut-off too. This causes it no pain and also cleanses the animal body from the blood impurities also. The "severe reactions" as stated above are caused by muscle contractions due to loss in blood which the animal canot sense.

I request that next time all the facts obtained should be straight before things like these are posted in a manner that puts our religions name down.

Offended Muslim Resident.

• Ir
      11th of Jul, 2009
    Popeyes Cajun Chicken - quality of food
    popeyes
    Allentown
    Pennsylvania

I have been told you havn't had fried chicken till you've eaten theirs, not, I never had chicken that dried out ever...I'll never go back and will spread the word. All we heard in New Orleans was how this is the best, we were so glad when one finally came to Pa., WHAT A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

• Do
      16th of Dec, 2009

I agree with offended Muslim Resident.Before posting things like these, please have your facts straight out first before making personal assumptions to the rational Islamic law that we have.

• Je
      15th of Jun, 2010

I also agree with the Offended Muslim Resident. More times than none, people will just speak just to hear themselves speak, without researching their facts.

Ignorance is not an excuse!

• Kr
      29th of Jun, 2010
    Popeyes Chicken - Horrible food
    Popeyes Chicken

We went there at 11:00.there was one person in front of us at window. it took 8 minutes to get to window. we sat there almost four minutes & was then able to order. we get to window & pay & was asked to drive up. we would have a two minute wait. there were only two customers in store.we only ordered two orders of wicked chicken. after nine MORE minutes we got our food. we get home & chicken is undercooked & there were almost NO redbeans in the containers. obviousy they were not ready for business of any sort. from now on kfc all the way.

• Vi
      30th of Jun, 2010
    Popeyes - The food was good but when you order you need to check your bags due to lack of knowledge when preparing your order they get confused very easily
    Popeyes
    popeyes.com

The food was good but when you order you need to check your bags due to lack of knowledge when preparing your order they get confused very easily. this has happened more than once check your order throughly before you leave. I ended getting 12 pieces of chicken instead of 20 the girl doesn't know how to enter orders. I did call popeyes they said they would replace the 8 pieces of chicken but i think i will go the popeyes in round lake like i use to i never had a problem there. Ordering correctly is more important than not having enougn food for my family.

• 16
      30th of Nov, 2010

Simpson. You're argument was destroyed man. And they're right, you should get your facts straight first. Your "Canadian" way of slaughtering animals is cruel and not very humane. By the way might I add, the slaughtering of an animal in Islam is much more humane than any other way out there, meaning the blade must be sharp so as to end it as quickly as possible for the animal and that the animal is not kept in an uncomfortable, unclean sty . It is raised with caring, proper and fair treatment.

• Co
      4th of Dec, 2010
    Popeyes, Missisauga Canada - BAD SERVICE
    Toronto
    Ontario
    Canada

Very rude and very misbehaved people working, the trainees have no experience and they talk very rude, even the manager

• Ge
      10th of Dec, 2010

Uh who cares? its good going down isnt it?

• In
      12th of Jan, 2011

IT ISN'T ABOUT THE WAY THE ANIMAL IS KILLED THAT IS REPULSIVE. IT IS THE FACT THAT PROCEEDS FROM THE PURCHASE OF HALAL CERTIFIED FOODS ARE GOING TO MUSLIM TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS SUCH AS THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD AND HAMAS.
    SO IF YOU EAT HALAL FOOD YOU TOO ARE SUPPORTING MUSLIM TERRORISTS!

24th of Jan, 2011

Hi you “INFIDELS RULE”
    In islam people who kill others and terror them self are not Muslims, In fact they are kaffirs(non muslim). Most of those people are supported by USA which is a plan to destroy islam from inside, but it is not going to happen. Our religion is the best because nobody(person) has changed it.

regular guy

2nd of Feb, 2011

Popeyes Chicken just opened a new location near me and can't wait to go with the family to try it out. That's after I verify they do actually sell halal chicken. Don’t be angry with people that choose what they eat and you don’t care. The people that choose not to eat KFC and MacDonald meat, as hard that could have been for them, are being reworded with a place that caters to their needs. KFC and other franchises should take note if they would like a piece of this growing market. If they were getting some of the Muslim population they would not after Popeyes move in.

• Sh
      3rd of Mar, 2011

well i am sikh and im not allowed to eat halal meat so it would be great if they had options :/ but what evs its all good just sayin

• Ro
      18th of Apr, 2011

I thought halal meat was when they let the animal die peacefully and bless it after. Im vegetarian but my family is not being very supportive because im only 13. (my family is not vegetarian.) they say that popeyes kills the animals in a good way. So should i eat popeyes or not? im sooo confused =(

from save the animals =)

• Mo
      18th of Apr, 2011

Well don't say you're a vegetarian in one breath and then ask if you should eat meat in another...