Planet Fitness / employee should be fired!!!

I was in Planet Fitness's White pLains location on 5-9-09. It was 20minutes to 6:00pm when my boyfriend and I arrived. KNowing that the last tanning session was at 6:20, we both signed up for that time slot. After working out, we went over to the desk to tell them we were ready to tan at about 6:18. Someone had crossed out my name, put theirs and already gone in. NO other beds were available. All the assistant manager said was "Sorry". I went over to knock on the tanning room door and a female employeee immediately ran up to my boyfriend and I and strated yelling at us that we weren't allowed to knowck on the door. I went back to the front desk and asked why they were not doing anything about it and the assistant manager informed me that it is not their RESPONSIBILITY to monitor the tanning beds. (????? then whose is it?) The female employee told me to stop raising my voice and continued to scream at my boyfriend and I when we informed her that we were being rude. She told me to "shut up" and get over it because I wouldn't be allowed to tan anyway. She caused a huge scene and was so unprofessional it was disgusting. She then gave us both the MIDDLE FINGER as we walked out of the gym. When my boyfriend went back in to ask for her name and the corporate number she said that we were just going to complain because we were discriminating against her because she is a minority. I teach seventh grade in the South Bronx (at a 100% non-white Catholic school) and am definitely not racist by any means. When I called upon arriving home the asisstant manager hung up on me three times and refused to tell me when the manager was coming in. How is this ok for a paying customer to be treated like this. I have been going to Planet Fitness for 6 years and recently upgraded to the black card membership specifically for tanning privelages. And there is no corporate number?????????? I will not rest until the female employee is reprimanded (at least) or fired. Someone has to do something about all these complaints!

Comments

• Br
      4th of May, 2010

Actually i know the staff and know people who were there that day and heard you say racist things to the girl, also she only stuck her middle finger at you after you had said racist comments and it was when you were leaving the gym. Also you should have been ready to tell them to set the bed for your tan when it was time otherwise after 2-3minutes someone else can go because you are wasting your time (15mins max to tan+ 5 to change). Read the rules when you sign a contract and when you get a specific membership that allows you to tan, its very simple.

• Br
      4th of May, 2010

One more thing the clocks are always off in this gym so you might not have been there at 6:18. Also was your boyfriend a guest, if he was he can not tan.Also if your serious about tanning why didnt you just get a proper tanning membership at the tanning salon next door where you buy your tanning lotion? Believe me the ast. manager at that time he would have not hung up on you, and it is so petty of you to want an employee to get fired because of tanning, and becauseyou know you were wrong for making racist comments when you your self are a Brasilian!

If this is not the little blonde Brasilian then you can ignore these comments but if you are you should be ashamed of how YOU spoke to her and just because you pay 19.99 a month after you upgraded that doesn't mean you are entitled to be racist.

• Mi
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I am so sorry you had to deal with something like this. The response to this comment sounds pretty bigoted (and ignorant but what else can one expect from a bigot).