Planet Fitness / bad management/bad business

1 1445 West Lake St.Addison, IL, United States Review updated:

My experience with Planet Fitness in Addison, IL has been the same as all the other complaints on this board and other complaint boards across the web. We are all saying basically the same thing... limited equipment, rude management, and staff that is severly lacking in knowledge and courtesy!
The bathrooms are always dirty and out of soap. The front desk staff is useless. They even border on "shy"! They look intimidated by other gym members, and they don't make eye-contact.

I would also like to add that the maintenance of the gym is virtually non-existent!! 4 of the 12 treadmills have been out of order for 3 months. They also haven't been cleaned is as long. They are an inch deep in grimy, filthy, dust balls! Recently, I discovered that the spray bottles they fill up with "cleaning solution" for members to wipe down the equipment is no longer being filled with cleaning solution. Now the bottles are only being filled with simple tap water!! I find that revolting!
What really infuriated me was when I found the free weights I use to work out my biceps, were being used outside on the sidewalk to prop the door of the gym open!!! What kind of a substandard organization uses the equipment that SHOULD BE for its members to prop open a door???

When I confronted the GM, Terry, he told me that he didn't appreciate my attitude and made it seem like I was the one who was wrong! Astounding! Last time I checked, I pay a monthly fee to be a member!! Now I realize that I am only wasting my money on a club that doesn't respect itself or its members. The GM's lack of concern for his own club's maintainance and upkeep mirrors the same concern he has for paying club members!!!

Mi

Comments

Sk
  28th of Jun, 2013

they remodeling the place a few months back--and it sucks bad! i've been a gym member at many different places over the years and have never seen a gym with billboards in total spanish. america is an english speaking country and this is the heartland of the midwest, yet you'd think you're in a foreign country when you read the signs in there. i can't stand it when these foreigners move to our country and then don't learn english. and why should they, when they have companies like this one, who will be all too eager to bend over for them and reward their disrespect for our country's traditions & values by providing them with a crutch to never have to learn the language-of-the-land? pathetic!