Philip Morris / Marlboro / fsc cigarettes

1 1025 Adams Ave. Apt. A 21804Salisbury, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 443-944-4900

The new "Fire Safe Cigarettes" are a violation of consumer rights. Spare the lectures about smoking. A product is made for smokers to enjoy and large amounts of money are charged for these cigarette products. The FSC products interfere with the enjoyment of the product. I protest! Please make us normal cigarettes again!

Comments

• Gl
      30th of Jan, 2009

i agree the new cigarettea suck, and fire safty? everytime i have to puff and puff on them to keep it going the fire falls off so how is that fire safety control, also i have been sick ever since the change.
    please help

27th of Feb, 2009

I am more than outraged that they snuck this new law in under the guise of fire safety saying it would save 700 people a year from dying in house fires. The NFPA proudly pushed this law state by state .The truth is millions of people are now being legally poisoned by the chemicals that have been added & no research was done .Thousands have already gotten sick.Everyone needs to go to this site: Care2, they have a petition to repeal the fire safe cigarettes.
    also, you can go to consumer complaints. I've done both.For weeks my husband & I have been ill & didn't know why. Nausea, vomiting, sore throat, chest pain & tightness, thick, brown colored flegm, shortness of breath, headaches. Finally I googled the cigarettes & lo & behold thousands of others are having the same symptoms. So NFPA will sacrifice millions to save hundreds who, if they were falling asleep while smoking are probably to stupid to live anyway. And the biggest joke about the whole thing is that the ashes & cherries from these cigarettes fall constantly making a much worse fire hazard. This will end in a class action suite if these laws aren't repealed fast!

• Be
      9th of Mar, 2009

We recently visited the state of Oklahoma and bought a carton of Marlboro 100's. We thought it was a faulty carton and at these prices $38.00 up we were NOT pleased. We experienced all the side effects that McNaughton did within two days! The "cherry" falls off while smoking let alone how hard it is to keep ignited! I called the consumer complaint line (800-343-0975) and they would not reimburse us because it was a law. Well Missouri doesn’t have those laws nor was it posted at the convenience store in Oklahoma where we purchased the carton. The lady I spoke to "Jennifer" was very nice, but took the stance that all cigarette manufacturing companies would have to be compliant by 2010 using these new fire safe papers. (FSC above bar code). She also gave me the CEO's address to mail my concerns to. I would suggest everyone write the CEO the bigger the "squeak" the better the wheel spins. **Mike Szymanczyk, P.O. Box 18583, Pittsburg, PA 15236 ** You can also go to this pdf form and read where P.M. USA stands on the FSC papers and the states that do have this law passed. I thought it fascinating that the website doesn’t list Oklahoma that is on their official list. I'm like the other people that have commented. If I knew how to start a class action lawsuit I'm sure the numbers are out there but like smoking is bad for your health the "real" information won't come out for years. I made my choice to smoke not anyone else. I can make my voice heard though! The website on philipmorrisusa.com has the following on reduced cigarette ignition propensity. The benefit being the cigarettes will go out if left in an ash tray. Doesn’t help if you’re driving and it falls off in your lap! Just posting so others see their stance on the views. http://www.philipmorrisusa.com/en/cms/Responsibility/Government_Relations/Legislative_Issues/pdfs/reduced_cigarette_ignition_prop.pdf.aspx

14th of Mar, 2009

please tell all the smokers you know, to go to the following site & sign the petition
    www.thepetitionsite.com/1/repeal-fire-safe-ciigarettes
    also go to the Coalition for Fire Safe cigarettes & tell themwhat you think
    thanks, CJab

19th of Mar, 2009

This is an outrage. I, too, discovered that the FSC cigarettes were making me sick. I didn't know at first. I took the cigarettes back to the store and found out about the FSC. Now, it's been a trail trying to find non-FSC cigarettes. I, mean it's a good thing because I wanted to quit, but I WANT TO QUIT ON MY OWN TERMS --- not have the GOVERNMENT take that FREEWILL away from me.

Please --- everyone ---- write to your government and go to www. the petitionsite.com/1/repeal-fire-safe-cigarettes and ADD YOUR NAME TO THE LIST!

We've got to get together as a group and stop this!!! There is poison on the inside of the cigarettes that smokers are inhaling!! This is sick that the government would use humans as lab rats!!!

Everyone has to speak up and DO SOMETHING TO STOP THIS PLEASE!!!

11th of May, 2009

Stop this fsc law Nazi death stick what happened to a choice ?these fsc's are dangerous if they do not work ! How bout let's make automobiles that do not start becuase they will be safer. Give people a choice. Fsc makes me sick are you ciggarette big wigs waiting for your bail out ( ###s)

• Fr
      30th of May, 2009

i have been telling my wife lately that there is something extremely wrong with me and the whole time it was these fricken cigarettes. was anyone gonna tell us about this fsc. or is this a conspirecy to not only get people to quit but to think something is extremely wrong with there selves and go to the hospital where you have to pay more money for tests. im outraged and disgusted that i was poisoned where are those ###ed truth commercials now

• Dw
      1st of Jun, 2009

Thanks to Phillip Morris my dear daddy quit smoking... He only smoked maybe 4 to 5 cigarettes a day. March 28 of this year he was having his nightly smoke before he went to bed and the cherry fell off and burned his couch to the ground. He awoke to a room of smoke and tried to get out but did not make it. He ended up DYING of smoke inhailation. My daddy smoked off and on for over 40 years and never burned holes in his clothes or furniture. My friend was at my house and she was complaining of these so called FSC cigarettes. She told me she had 2 ashtrays exploded, several ashtray fires, burns to herself and clothing. She also told me how they make he feel like crap. She has had everything from sore throat to headache.
    I don't know what Phillip Morris is gaining from these fire hazard cigarettes all I know is the heart breaking loss my family and myself have to suffer. I HATE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS YOU KILLED MY DADDY! YOU SUCK!

• Ok
      2nd of Jun, 2009

Well, I have smoked for 20 years now and due to a 2 month long illness- bronchitis like symptoms and more, I finally did a test and found out it is the FSC that was causing it all along. I smoke marl light 100s and live in Oklahoma. On Saturday, I tracked down some generic NON FSC and within a day was 100 % better! I am really steamed and have decided that i will either QUIT smoking OR ROLL MY OWN. Talk about class action lawsuits out the rear end when this mess is over and done :( I also signed the petition at petitionsite

• Si
      7th of Jun, 2009

FSC cigarettes taste like total garbage rolled in a news paper!!! I threw away 6 packs before I figured out why I kept getting "bad or outdated" smokes. I finally found out FSC on the side.. They taste horrible!! I;ve been smoking the same brand for 15 years, I knew something was wrong.. These really suck. And I want my smokes back NOW!!!

• Ci
      15th of Jun, 2009

It's a damn shame that in the United States of America we are being FORCED, with NO vote from the PEOPLE to have to contend with this...And they were snuck in under our noses, I didn't even KNOW about this until a couple weeks ago I couldn't figure out why it keep feeling like I had burnt my tongue on something! it's total BS that there is just "extra paper" added in strips to these cigareetes. I have smoked Marlboro Lights for 25 years and have NEVER come CLOSE to starting a fire anywhere until these new FSC came along! They are far more dangerous than previous cigarettes, I have had the cherry fall off and burning paper fly off with repeated attempts to keep them lit! I just want to know where out rights are????? I for one can guarantee you I have NEVER set anything ABLAZE and have been a smoker for 30 years. Maybe if you have been convicted of starting a fire with a cigarette you should have to smoke these ROTTEN tasting things, but not the rest of us! How about "drunk driver free alcohol"???? HUH??? and let drinkers be FORCED to drink that if they feel that they have to drink!!! Drinking by FAR kills more people every year than fires started by cigarettes...WHY NOT?? because too many politicians are DRUNKS and it would affect THEIR lives!!!

• Fr
      18th of Jun, 2009

These Cigerettes are plain horrible, I have been to the hospital emergency room four times with all above mentioned symptoms plus a clicking in my throat, and two possible mild heart attacks. These smokes are possibly fatal. Severe alergic reaction here and i didnt even know they changed the formula for the damned things. Lawsuit!

• Ka
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Fire Safety? Because my cigarettes keep burning out, I have to relight them. They flame up and yesterday caught my hair on fire. nice second degree burns on my face! Last week, friend of mine relight his cigarette.. whole thing burst into flames. first and second degree burns on his hand. Please someone explain to me why I pay almost $6 a pack to be harmed? all so my smokes don't start a house fire!!???!!

• Th
      23rd of Jun, 2009

anyone care to read this bs fact sheet?

i find it to be non conclusive and to be giving readers the runaround about the truth.

• Si
      27th of Jun, 2009

Quit talking about a class action lawsuit and do something about it. See your Dr. and get it documented and then talk to a lawyer. I'm not a smoker, but I see all my friends getting sick - uncontrolable coughs and flu like sysmtoms. They've seen Dr.'s multiple times and had various rounds of antibiotics but they are not getting better - and it all started since FSC cigarettes were introduced in our state recently. The cigarette companies probably don't even look at your complaints - they don't care if you're getting sick - and they won't until it starts hitting them where it hurts - in their wallet! I'm worried about my friends - that's why I'm on line tonight. I was looking for information about these new FSC cigarettes. I wanted to see if others are getting sick too - and I found what I'm looking for. There are nothing but complaints about the same symptoms all my friends have - dating all the way back to 2004 - and nothing has been done about it. Actions speak louder than words so let your lawyer do what he does best. Stop talking about it and do something about it - and if you think you need money to fight you are wrong - these kind of lawyers work on a contingency basis and they get nothing unless they win - and then it comes out of the settlement not out of your pocket. Don't wait for this stuff to totally destroy your health - because it's too late then - because you can't get your health back no matter how much they pay you!! Do something about it now!!! I have no doubt that there are lots of lawyers out there who would jump on this...

• Un
      4th of Jul, 2009

I started getting sick a month ago. At first I thought it was the flu. Sore throat, coughing, and nausea. I knew something was wrong because I've never been sick for so long. Then I found out that it's been the FSC causing the problem all along. Not to mention these are not fire safe. They are more dangerous than ever before. Gives us back our old cigarettes!

• Co
      6th of Aug, 2009

I cant believe that you would change your product and not let your consumers know anything about it. You have recently changed your packaging and could have easily put something on there to let us know. I had noticed something different about my cigs a month or so ago. I thought you had changed to some type of cheaper way of making your product since the price increase. My husband told me about a week ago that I had started coughing at night which undoubtly I did not do before unless I was sick. I have had a fluid build up in my ears for a couple of months and when went to doc said that it was strange b/c there was no infection but just a fluid build up and wanted to refer me to a ENT if it did not get better. I have been putting off going to the doc b/c I have never had ear problems before now I am assuming it is b/c of this and I am sure also that this is also why I have had so many headaches lately. I have been smoking your brand of Malboro Lights for about 27 years which I know smoking is not good for you but have always enjoyed it and quit temporarily while pregant. I am now a very dissatisfied customer who will have to either find a different type of cig, maybe roll my own, but who will shortly not be purchasing your cigs.

7th of Aug, 2009

i have had a weird stale taste in my mouth for a few weeks now, and couldnt understand why. i have also noticed that on monday i woke up with a sore throat. strange because i dont get sick easy. i mite get sick once every 2 yrs. but anyway a few days after that my eyes are swollen and itchy. so i got throat losengers and eye drops. after not change in situation i went to the doc. the day of the doc my feet started swelling. well the results from the doc said that i am allergic to the new chemicals in my cigs. im not allergic to anything! until now! if i cant find cigs with no fsc i will no longer b a philip morris customer. why should i smoke cigs that make me sick? yeah i know that they cause cancer but thats my choice! not to be sick all the time. thats my choice too! anyway is fsc something that they have tested or just see what it does to us. what the hell are the long term affects? or do they even care? they dont want us to catch are house on fire and die, but they kill us in the long run anyway! hell with this fsc they mite kill us quicker. if this ### kills us quicker i wonder how much money you would loose from each person?

• Sc
      10th of Aug, 2009

I have smoked Carlton Menthol 120s for years but have been sick for about a month and now I believe it is from the FSC in my cigarettes. I started experiencing nausea, then my throat became sore, then I started experiencing a burning/tingling sensation in my mouth, on my tongue and on my lips. My lips swelled up like a sucker fish or like I had a bad botox job. I have inserted the photo from the doctor's office. It cost me $230 worth of shots. Where can I buy cigarettes that do not have this FSC in them?

• Ju
      21st of Aug, 2009

I have been a dedicated Marlboro smoker for over 16 years. I recently bought a carton when I was out of town. The past week, I have had a sore throat, vomiting and food along with the cigarettes just didn't taste right. After hearing someone else complain of feeling this way after smoking FSC cigarettes, I went online to do more research and lo and behold I am not the only one feeling this way!!! I agree that smoking is not good for you however it is COMPLETE B.S. for them to be putting something in them that is making people sick like this. We pay VERY GOOD money for these damn things and its bad enough that we are addicted, could end up with cancer, etc but now we have to do with all this other crap..and for what, a cigarette that goes out on you, that flares up when relit, that tastes like s**t?? Unbelievable.