PetSmart / too many to list in this small spot

1 Douglasville, GA, United States Review updated:

3 times in a row I made an appt to have my dog groomed at Petsmart, 3 times I have gone in and they don't have my appointment down. Even the manager made an appt for me and I took my dog in and walla! No appointment time for me again!

This time I was going to take a dog training class and my husband decided they wanted to sell me the classes instead of a bark collar. I gavd them my credit card over the phone to hold my place. I called within 20 minutes of making the appt and they said I had to COME IN to cancel. I said you can take my credit card over the phone but not cancell over the phone? Of course they said yes... I went up there and they had already charged my card BEFORE I even had the classes! The classes were not until next week. I was told by my credit card company it was illegal to charge for a service that has not happened or you did not receive.

I have had it with Petsmart and will never take another amimal up there to be groomed or buy their products. I would not take my dog to their vet if she were on her last leg begging me to. This place is a rip off and the sooner people stop patronizing this poor excuse for a pet store the better.

Comments

17th of Feb, 2009

Once again NoTimeForIdiots shows He is an IDIOT. Maybe you are the one getting anal sex...

• Cr
      20th of Feb, 2009

I found it funny to see you always reply good things toward notime. On a lots of topics.

Maybe someone should check both account ip to see if its the same.

• Tw
      25th of Feb, 2009

are you sure you made the appointment at petSmart and not petco???

• Vi
      22nd of Mar, 2009

There are two petsmarts where I live that are within a few miles of eachother on the same road. Sometimes someone would call one store and think they're calling the other. Also, yes, it is standard policy to charge for something like dog training before the class because there are limited spots. Doing it the other way can and does cause people to change their mind and never show up. And the reason you have to come in to return a class is a) paperwork has to be filled out by you so that if it's a common complaint, especially about the trainer him or herself, then it can be resolved and there i a papertrail to refer and b) a signature is required. If you kept the class, obviously you'd have a reason to come in, and they can get your signature for purchasing the class then.

• Ra
      12th of Mar, 2010

"I was told by my credit card company it was illegal to charge for a service that has not happened "

So that means that when you fly somewhere, you don't pay for your plane ticket until after you get back home. Wow, I am going to have to try that. Does it work for other things too? Like should I not pay my health insurance until after I go to the doctor?