Petland / petland is horrible

United States Review updated:
3.75

I bought 4 fish at Petland on April 12. They went belly up within hours of going in my tank. When I took them back with a sample of my water, I found out my water wasn't so good. Jim told me that my water wasn't habitable for "Any animal". Yet, I've got 3 fish that have lived for more than 2 years! When I began to complain about their "48 hour fish guarantee" he said "It's not my fault you killed your fish". When I offered to follow his suggestions and then return in 1 week’s time to get my water tested again would he then replace my fish? He said "Sure, I'll put your dead fish in the freezer and give them back to you next week!" No joke! He honestly said that! Then when I suggested I would write a complaint about him and this 'customer service" and "guarantee" he said I was threatening him with 'extortion". When I mentioned he didn't care about my "fish" because he already got paid, he actually told me he didn't make any money on my 4 fish. I said "well you sure didn't pay what I paid for them" and he MOCKED ME! I've reported Petland in Westland, Mi to the BBB. I refuse to allow someone to get away with that! I think everyone should chime in with their horrible antics and customer service skills. I can't wait to see what will happen now!
Va

Comments

Je
  3rd of Dec, 2008
Hello, my name is Jennifer Anderson and i am writing to complain about Merideth store #49, Staten Island, Forest Ave. plaza. I was waiting on line with a purchase in a slightly empty store while the employee ringing us up held a phone conversation for approximatley 5 min. While doing so she was making several mistakes causing a delay for the waiting customers on line. When i finally reached the counter i needed to ask a question, when i began talking the employee had the nerve to hand gesture me "one moment". I was so angry!!! As a result of that i then left my items on the counter and said "one moment? now you can put my things back... after your phone call of course . I have been a customer in that store for 15 yrs. and never ever had i felt this way! I hope that someone who could do something about this woman reads this letter and adresses this matter propably!!!
Al
  14th of May, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Hey!!! I am so sad right now. I have had my four comets for over 5 years and recently decided to get some plecos to clean my tank. I was concerned about disease so I asked them and they told me to treat the tank with Noxich and that there fish didn't have any illness. They also told me I was taking care of my fish all wrong. When I brought my plecos home I did what they said, after a week I noticed my comets laying on the bottom of the tank and they seemed sick. I called Petland for advice and they told me to put salt in the water, which I did and to my dismay it did not help. I took a water sample into the store which is two hours away and they told me my nitrates and ammonia were high. They sold me two bottles of treatments and said this would definately help my fish. I treated my fish with this and now they are losing there scales and one is dead. All my plecos have died. My biggest comet was 6 inches long, I grew him myself and when I bought him he was about an inch. THANKS PETLAND!!!
Allison, SK