Pep Boys / poor service, rip off
Just voicing a complaint about the Pep Boys in my local area. Of the 8 people who I saw that were "working" there, the only person who was actually helping customers was a cashier. The service department associates
need a personality service to help them with their skills. They were complete ###s disguised as functioning human beings who obviously didn't care about the fact that the economy is bad and they are lucky to have jobs as it is. Someone should remind these poor souls that the other other work they'd be suited for is perhaps McDonald's but even they are smarter and more helpful. After trying to rip me off on a sale, the 2 service associates I was discussing my possible purchase with were useless. After 1 hour or discussion (them quoting me an incorrect price and then whining because I was trying to hold them to it) I left the store with my money in hand before my head exploded. More importantly for Pep Boys though, they lost the $400.00 I was prepared to spend there. This store is probably heading for closing within the year but I can see why as they must not pay their employees to well because their poor attitudes are a real turnoff to the customers. The cashier was very nice and friendly when I walked in but too bad the stupid, ignorant sales dept. rejects ruined it for Pep Boys. I'd rather stick myself in the eye with a straight pin then ever walk back into that store again. Incidentially, I ended up spending more money at another auto store but did so with a smile as I'd never even buy so much as a key chain at Pep Boys.
More Pep Boys Complaints & Reviews
- Pep Boys - badtreatment of employees 
- Pep Boys - rip off 
- Pep Boys Auto - brake repair scam 
- Pep Boys - terrible service! 
- Pep Boys - “miscellaneous shop charge” is a scam 
- Pep Boys - my car has been at pep boys since may 25th for a new motor.
- Pep Boys - confirmed appt... and they said it didn't matter it issues that have been ongoing 
- Pep Boys - poor workmanship & they have not replaced my center caps they destroyed 2 months ago!
- Pep Boys - lied about service they provide/bad customer service 
- Pep Boys - tires, cv axle boot, intake hose