PC Richard & Son / outrageous finance charge

1 United States

PC Richard & Son - www.pcrichard.com

I am a long time customer of PC Richards. A couple of months ago I purchased a few needed appliances that was destroyed in our home from water damage. I was told Before finance charge came into play we will have to pay the bill within 4 months. My problem was not the pay off, but what I think was a rip off. After not receiving the bill balance for a full month We went to the store where we purchased the items to request a balance and ask to write out a check only to be told we could not make a payment at the store we purchased the item from. Recently we not only received a bill but the balance was now overdue and the finance charge was an outrageous $120.00. What a joke. I am so discouraged by this I am trying to contact all my family & friends to discourage them from using PC Richards unless they finance with another bank. This alone will discredit customers credibility. I tried to speak with a GE Money Bank representative about paying my balance in full without the finance charge included, or just paying a portion of it but was told there was nothing they could do. This type of services is unacceptable to us beings that our past credit speaks for itself.

Signed very displeased customer.