Paypal Plus Credit Card / lousy service

I mailed a payment in January that for some reason they did not receive or did not process. On my next bill I noticed a late payment notice, a jump in my interest rate from 9.99% to 28.99% and excessive finance charges as a result. I immediately called after seeing the payment didn't process through my bank.

When I spoke with someone I was told I'd have to write a letter to a seperate office in TX to have them review my account and see if they could do anything about the charges and increased interest. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was put on hold for 20 minutes and when the supervisor answered I was told that I couldn't even pay over the phone without a $15 fee that they would not wave. I was told that person's supervisor was not in.

I'll be paying my balance and closing the card (if I can figure out how to do that since they won't let me do it over the phone or online.) All in all the service SUCKS. I'll stick with my MBNA, Amex and Discover.

Mh

Comments

• Pe
      3rd of Mar, 2009

I had the very same problem with the Paypal Plus Credit Card.

I sent in my payment 3 weeks before the minimum due date and Paypal claimed that the payment was not received or not processed correctly and the interest rate climbed from 14.24% to 29.99%.

I contacted Paypal about this and was put on hold for about 10 minutes then hung up on so i called again and spoke with the supervisor because i was hung up on and he said that i would have to write a written leeter to send in to their claims department.

This account was not worth applying for and will be closing it soon.

• Ri
      25th of Jun, 2009

This company is worse than att and bank of america. Do not do any transactions with this company, they are the ### of the earth. Rich Dalton Orlando fl.