Payless Car Rental / overcharge

I rented a car on 9/07/08 and returned it 9/08/08. I did not make a phone revervation. I rented as a walk up. I was told that I could rent on a daily basis, and if I reserved it for three days then I would have to pay for all three days. Consequently, I told the service person I wanted to go on a day by day basis, so as not to pay for days not used. He said it was OK. HOWEVER, I was charged for three days, even though I only used it one day. For two weeks now, I have been trying to get a refund. I have also been trying to get them to send a copy of the contract they claim I signed. The paperwork I have does not have my signature on it.
These people refuse to address the issue and postpone it every time I call. They charged me $127.75 for one day of car rental. Their address is 3346 Kettner Blvd. San Diego, Calif.

Comments

• Ri
      1st of Oct, 2008

It's how car rental companies work lady. I work for the military and I travel an extensive amount for work, thus I rent cars a plenty. If you tell them you want a car for 3 days. It's going to be cheaper than if you would rent for 1 day. Thats how every business works, the more you buy the cheaper it is. From pizzas to bottled water, to computers and cds. The daily rate for 1 day would of been close to the three day rate anyways, it's how they work. It's a business. But if you would of just read what you signed, you wouldn't have this problem. Instead you want to slander a business for a mistake because you didn't read your contract. Your complaint holds not validity.